Gta 1965 sales brochure - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Gta 1965 sales brochure

Here some pages of the original sales brochure from 1965 of Alfa Romeo Sprint GT/GTA.
I hope you enjoy!!!This is the French language version

All the best

Paulo
Attached Images

rogerspeed likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Good day,

I will list this sales broshure in the selling section.

Thank you
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 10:00 AM

For those who haven't noticed ... the steering wheel in the brochure is different from the ones commonly fitted to GTA's

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 02:29 AM

Interesting.

It is because the steering in the brochure has flat spoke ?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:13 AM

The area where the aluminum spoke transitions into the wood rim widens. This is common on Nardi but not on Hellebore. Nardi wheel?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:39 AM

I am hopelessly lost, what is the difference, holes, or screws, or...

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Hi guys,

So lets see if a picture and some experience can be usefull, as far as I have seen in my time of collector not many of these Hellebores were made, and I mean back in the days of the original GTA so if we take the numbers of wikipedia we have Giulia Sprint GTA 1965-1969 500 cars produced, Giulia GTA 1300 Junior 1968-1975 193 units produced + racing cars 300 units, GTA SA 1967-1968 10 cars produced, GTAm 1970-1971 40 cars produced. So in a total of 1043 cars in total, now if you ask me not all had the same steering wheel, but most of them had. The wheel itself is basically a 4 holes Hellebore with a wider rim. I have sold 2 or 3 and I can tell you that originals they can reach up tp €1000 whereever they are, Is my belive that there are more replicas than originals. In early days they would have V.G. Hellebore, than later only Hellebore on right arm, diameter would be 390mm. They should have production date on back of central spoke month (number) and 1 or 2 numbers indicated the year. It should have 7 holes for the hub. Now the problem is, that all the replicas are +- perfect and correct, so is up to the holder to understand what is an original.

Please feed in if I did not say anything correct

Kind regards

ALFA ROMEO GTA Hellebore ORIGINAL
Attached Images

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 01:46 PM

Hellebore

Here are Nardi and Hellebore in confrontation. Though similar, they were different in shape when produced for the same model of the car. Nardi had slightly wider rim and bigger holes on the pokes. It had usually six holes hubs and was not fixed on AR GTA as factory equipment. Hellebore were officially 38 cm diameter, though you could measure 39 or 37,5 cm as well. (They were hand made, and that explains the differences). Sometimes you could observe small differences among series. Initially, commercialized by V. Gallino, they were signed V.G. Hellebore, later only Hellebore. Both Nardi and Hellebore were small factories from Turin, suppliers of exclusive steering wheels for Italian sports car industry (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo and so on). Founder and owner of Hellebore, Luciano Maestri, had his production in Berra (Serravalle) near Turin and his wheels were used for Abarth, Alfa Romeo Cooper, Lamborghini (Miura), and as aftermarket pieces, for many other models of European production.
Attached Images

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM

Anyone know where "Hellebore" comes from? It is hardly an Italian name.

Regards, Alberto
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:39 PM

Hellebore is a perennial plant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellebore

So the wheel in the brochure looks like Nardi in construction and shape except it does not have the black strip in it that Nardi usually does and that other Nardi GTA wheels I have seen usually do ....
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

This is a 1969 Nardi that Im trying to buy from Italy, I had one before sold to Japan, these wheels were made for the car itself brand like this one is for Alfa Romeo Giulia, it is 370mm,and the wheel is rivited to the hub to the outher horn button ring (no screws) just the black shield/cover is with 3 screws, the only thigh you can change is the horn button, it has E.Nardi on right spoke, and "Made 69 Italy" in back midle spoke, this is a very tipical Nardi from 60s. I just can find them in very deep Italy old shops, like this one that is on a lot.
It has the all Enrico Nardi "magic" on it
Attached Images

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 08:04 PM

Here's picture of a Nardi GTA wheel - picture is from the late Maurizio Tabucchi's car that is published in his GTA book. I have seen afew others but not many and they had the black rim as in the picture. I have only ever seen one Nardi style wheel without the black strip in a GTA - I thought it was non-genuine at the time but in retrospect it may not have been ...
Attached Images

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 PM

Hi

Don`t wish to hijack this thread......but, if anyone have an original Hellebore wheel as posted by Papiko in post#7; I would be very interested in buying it. I recognise an original wheel will command an appropriate price!

Back to normal service....

Thanks Richard
kengta likes this.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Also note, the first picture, frontal above view, in the brochure appears to be a Sprint GT, not a GTA.
Andrew
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM

This will come off as a naive question, but were the Autodelta GTA 1600 driven with the "Stradale" type seats or were racing style seats substituted for competition events? Perhaps that would be rule violation if that was done?

Thanks for the info, Fdino

Last edited by fdino; 03-20-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Wrong post for topic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode