thanks so much, that you are also interested in the history of my GTA.
I digged also in old papers , and sellcontract and spoke with the seller , Olivier Chambon, from Brussel. Due i have the car since 1980, its not so easy.
( I bought the car in a paket of 6 racecars:Lotus Cortina, Mustang Shelby, BMW Batmobil,Ford Capri RS 2600,Alfa 2000 GTAm and a Giulietta SS )
1. i have the confirmation by Alfas centro documentatione, that my car was sold to Alfa Benelux after preparation through Autodelta.
2.I have the original belgium papers and the car has the very low No. 613015 and FIA race papers.
3. As i bought it, he had wide body, but the original fenders in the front were under the plastic parts with the original metallic autodelta stickers on the side before the doors over the Bertone signes!!!
4. he had the frontfenders with the enlarged wheelarches ,that had only the competition cars to suit the 7x14camps with Dunlop 5.50 M14 CR 65 racing tyres in the period or also 8x14 camps, that was with the car.
5. he had a repaired roof, a flick at the place, where the beckers car had a position light, the only i have ever seen on a GTA!!!!! You can see the repair now from the inner side of the roof.And the outside mirror was also at the same place.
6. the right inner fender has a great hole , which is shot with an alupanel, like a door. You can service the carbs or compressors through the right wheelhouse.
7. the original electricwires and the fusebox on GTAs is always right beneed the chassisnumber.My GTA had all on the left side due no place at the right!
8. The firewall on the right side is also worked to the rear to have place fo the rear compressor.And has a whole in the area before the right axle for hydraulic tubes.
9. As the car was for reparation in Italy 2004 -2008 im Bergamo at Daniele Turrisi , who made the new colour , he saw these modifications and asked Mr. Imberti , who worked much for Alfa racing team in period (made the testa stretta) ,who live also in Bergamo, if he just saw such things. He sad, that is a GTA-SA chassis!!!
10. the car has an alufloor!!! and came with all the lightweight magnesium parts from Autodelta like valvecover ,enginefrontcover,oilsump,gearboxrearend,clutchhou se,diff.house,slidingblockparts,campagnolo 7 and 8x14 and 9x13,rearaxlebackplates,Dunlop and ATE-alubrakes, the complete lightweight interiors with plastic dashboard ,aludoorwindowframes, colotti-gearbox,and a whole lorry with raceparts!!!
11. i got the car with 3 GTA engines and one GTAm engine , but no GTA-SA engine.
All these facts are indeed leading me to Christine Beckers, but the seller sad me, the car came from the "van der Straaten racing team" in Belgium.
Perhaps, the belgish members of AlfaBB like Dovali or Tussegas know something about these history? I will also ask Guy Moerenhout of Mortsel, who managed the deal in 1980.
PS: the foto in book Allegeritta in the end was my former carstore at ca. 1980!!! But i dont know, who gave the foto to Adriansen? In this time ,i had 7 GTA in this place.
I restore the car in moment since 7 years to highest standart , in moment , he got the inner trim in original elefant grey, and seats remain original with patina. He got 2 new !!! doors and a new bonnet, because the original doors and bonnet where cut out extremely to light them, the rear wheel arches and the frontpanel are new made, the front was extreme demolated by race contacts and the fenders cut out.But the car had absolute no corosion like the most racecars. It is one of 3 alufloor cars, i had and the lowest chassisnumber of them.He has a thintube rollbar and will be extreme light.We also used much titanium parts in the engine and suspension and a complete exhaust from titanium-steel to save weight.The 1600 engine develloped 169 HP on the first runout on Schenk Hp-brake.
If somebody has a GTA-SA engine to sell , please give me a ring.
Alfa 1600 GTA Autodelta Alfa 1300 GTA/J Autodelta 4V Alfa 1300 GTA Stradale
Alfa GTAm Alfa GTV6 DPM GP A Ex-Dr.Marko some projects