Christine Beckers and GTA-SA - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Christine Beckers and GTA-SA

Some nice pictures of GTA-SA including 8x14 wheels in this thread:

Les exploits de "Christine" Beckers - Histoires du sport automobile FORUM Histoires du sport automobile - FORUM Sport Auto
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Nice find Uli! Those are awesome pics- note that ALL the trim is left-off/removed from the car- even the 1/4 windows appear to be held in place with little brackets. Love the first pic with everyone on the left side plugging their ears!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:54 PM

Nice car , beautiful and quick lady.

The wheels look so big on this car.

The forum sport auto is incredibles informativ..
Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that a GTA looks best on Dunlop Racing. I don't think that these are Dunlops and they do look a little large for my taste.

'56 Giulietta Spider, '57 Giulietta Spider Veloce, '57 Giulietta Lightweight Sprint Veloce, '60 SZ, '68 GTA, '76 2000 Spider
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM

My guess is that the tires are Dunlop 5.50M-14 that are both taller and have more section width and a wider tread than the 5.50L-14's - and they look even wider mounted on 8x14's.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Gold Subscriber

fantastic thread!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 PM

A few more GTA-SA pics. Note the electronic ignition.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2011, 03:32 PM

GTA Beckers

Hallo Alleggerita,

do you know somthing about the Chassis no. of the car. My GTA came from Belgium and I dont know the history before 1979 ? The car had a rivetted whole in front of the roof , the place , where the Beckers GTA had a light! And also some modifikations near the right engine mounts, perhaps for the kompressor?

MFG
Uli
Old 02-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Hi Uli,

Sorry don't have a number - wish I did.

Some food for thought. Is this the car you had in the 80's already? If is indeed the same car you better start looking for a motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlrichGTA View Post
Hallo Alleggerita,

do you know somthing about the Chassis no. of the car. My GTA came from Belgium and I dont know the history before 1979 ? The car had a rivetted whole in front of the roof , the place , where the Beckers GTA had a light! And also some modifikations near the right engine mounts, perhaps for the kompressor?

MFG
Uli
Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM

GTA Beckers

Hallo Alleggerita

thanks, would be happy, if its the car! But i dont like the boosted engines, fuel eating without any succes!!! And never had contact with such an engine and to old to learn more about this theme. Perhaps any other member knows something about the cars?

My car was mint green when i bought it and had great fenders, but the original fender was under them in the front, and the rear was cut a little bit ,like for the smal enlargements of the kompressors! And also the original metallic Autodelta signes on the front fenders and the outer mirror on the left front fender! The engine was demontated long ago and missed.Engine with the car was an 2000 with modified GTA head.

MFG
Uli
Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 AM

Uli, been trolling through Adriensens - here are some chassis # that have been associated with GTA-SA.

The one that has been clearly confirmed is 613069 that was an Alfa Benelux car. Possibly the Christine Beckers car in the pictures in this thread?

Adriensens suggests that 613997 was a possible GTA-SA and he also notes another incomplete chassis #: 613x54.

There is one more number but I don't feel free to share that without permission.

Any of those your car?

Quote:
Hallo Alleggerita,

MFG
Uli
Old 06-25-2011, 02:57 PM

Gta-sa

Hallo Ulrich,
thanks so much, that you are also interested in the history of my GTA.
I digged also in old papers , and sellcontract and spoke with the seller , Olivier Chambon, from Brussel. Due i have the car since 1980, its not so easy.
( I bought the car in a paket of 6 racecars:Lotus Cortina, Mustang Shelby, BMW Batmobil,Ford Capri RS 2600,Alfa 2000 GTAm and a Giulietta SS )
1. i have the confirmation by Alfas centro documentatione, that my car was sold to Alfa Benelux after preparation through Autodelta.
2.I have the original belgium papers and the car has the very low No. 613015 and FIA race papers.
3. As i bought it, he had wide body, but the original fenders in the front were under the plastic parts with the original metallic autodelta stickers on the side before the doors over the Bertone signes!!!
4. he had the frontfenders with the enlarged wheelarches ,that had only the competition cars to suit the 7x14camps with Dunlop 5.50 M14 CR 65 racing tyres in the period or also 8x14 camps, that was with the car.
5. he had a repaired roof, a flick at the place, where the beckers car had a position light, the only i have ever seen on a GTA!!!!! You can see the repair now from the inner side of the roof.And the outside mirror was also at the same place.
6. the right inner fender has a great hole , which is shot with an alupanel, like a door. You can service the carbs or compressors through the right wheelhouse.
7. the original electricwires and the fusebox on GTAs is always right beneed the chassisnumber.My GTA had all on the left side due no place at the right!
8. The firewall on the right side is also worked to the rear to have place fo the rear compressor.And has a whole in the area before the right axle for hydraulic tubes.
9. As the car was for reparation in Italy 2004 -2008 im Bergamo at Daniele Turrisi , who made the new colour , he saw these modifications and asked Mr. Imberti , who worked much for Alfa racing team in period (made the testa stretta) ,who live also in Bergamo, if he just saw such things. He sad, that is a GTA-SA chassis!!!
10. the car has an alufloor!!! and came with all the lightweight magnesium parts from Autodelta like valvecover ,enginefrontcover,oilsump,gearboxrearend,clutchhou se,diff.house,slidingblockparts,campagnolo 7 and 8x14 and 9x13,rearaxlebackplates,Dunlop and ATE-alubrakes, the complete lightweight interiors with plastic dashboard ,aludoorwindowframes, colotti-gearbox,and a whole lorry with raceparts!!!
11. i got the car with 3 GTA engines and one GTAm engine , but no GTA-SA engine.

All these facts are indeed leading me to Christine Beckers, but the seller sad me, the car came from the "van der Straaten racing team" in Belgium.

Perhaps, the belgish members of AlfaBB like Dovali or Tussegas know something about these history? I will also ask Guy Moerenhout of Mortsel, who managed the deal in 1980.

PS: the foto in book Allegeritta in the end was my former carstore at ca. 1980!!! But i dont know, who gave the foto to Adriansen? In this time ,i had 7 GTA in this place.

I restore the car in moment since 7 years to highest standart , in moment , he got the inner trim in original elefant grey, and seats remain original with patina. He got 2 new !!! doors and a new bonnet, because the original doors and bonnet where cut out extremely to light them, the rear wheel arches and the frontpanel are new made, the front was extreme demolated by race contacts and the fenders cut out.But the car had absolute no corosion like the most racecars. It is one of 3 alufloor cars, i had and the lowest chassisnumber of them.He has a thintube rollbar and will be extreme light.We also used much titanium parts in the engine and suspension and a complete exhaust from titanium-steel to save weight.The 1600 engine develloped 169 HP on the first runout on Schenk Hp-brake.

If somebody has a GTA-SA engine to sell , please give me a ring.

best regards
Uli
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2011, 03:26 PM

Hi Uli,

That makes a total of 4 chassis numbers associated with a GTA-SA engine. I think that might be the number that has actually been suggested by Adriensens.

Your car sound intriguingly like an SA. I assume that you are aware of the 3 engines that were available for major money in Italy a while ago, one of which I believe has been sold. I am not sure whether these were the same or different engines from the ones the late Angelo Chiapperini had.

Quote:
Hallo Ulrich,
thanks so much, that you are also interested in the history of my GTA.
I digged also in old papers , and sellcontract and spoke with the seller , Olivier Chambon, from Brussel. Due i have the car since 1980, its not so easy.
( I bought the car in a paket of 6 racecars:Lotus Cortina, Mustang Shelby, BMW Batmobil,Ford Capri RS 2600,Alfa 2000 GTAm and a Giulietta SS )
1. i have the confirmation by Alfas centro documentatione, that my car was sold to Alfa Benelux after preparation through Autodelta.
2.I have the original belgium papers and the car has the very low No. 613015 and FIA race papers.
3. As i bought it, he had wide body, but the original fenders in the front were under the plastic parts with the original metallic autodelta stickers on the side before the doors over the Bertone signes!!!
4. he had the frontfenders with the enlarged wheelarches ,that had only the competition cars to suit the 7x14camps with Dunlop 5.50 M14 CR 65 racing tyres in the period or also 8x14 camps, that was with the car.
5. he had a repaired roof, a flick at the place, where the beckers car had a position light, the only i have ever seen on a GTA!!!!! You can see the repair now from the inner side of the roof.And the outside mirror was also at the same place.
6. the right inner fender has a great hole , which is shot with an alupanel, like a door. You can service the carbs or compressors through the right wheelhouse.
7. the original electricwires and the fusebox on GTAs is always right beneed the chassisnumber.My GTA had all on the left side due no place at the right!
8. The firewall on the right side is also worked to the rear to have place fo the rear compressor.And has a whole in the area before the right axle for hydraulic tubes.
9. As the car was for reparation in Italy 2004 -2008 im Bergamo at Daniele Turrisi , who made the new colour , he saw these modifications and asked Mr. Imberti , who worked much for Alfa racing team in period (made the testa stretta) ,who live also in Bergamo, if he just saw such things. He sad, that is a GTA-SA chassis!!!
10. the car has an alufloor!!! and came with all the lightweight magnesium parts from Autodelta like valvecover ,enginefrontcover,oilsump,gearboxrearend,clutchhou se,diff.house,slidingblockparts,campagnolo 7 and 8x14 and 9x13,rearaxlebackplates,Dunlop and ATE-alubrakes, the complete lightweight interiors with plastic dashboard ,aludoorwindowframes, colotti-gearbox,and a whole lorry with raceparts!!!
11. i got the car with 3 GTA engines and one GTAm engine , but no GTA-SA engine.

All these facts are indeed leading me to Christine Beckers, but the seller sad me, the car came from the "van der Straaten racing team" in Belgium.

Perhaps, the belgish members of AlfaBB like Dovali or Tussegas know something about these history? I will also ask Guy Moerenhout of Mortsel, who managed the deal in 1980.

PS: the foto in book Allegeritta in the end was my former carstore at ca. 1980!!! But i dont know, who gave the foto to Adriansen? In this time ,i had 7 GTA in this place.

I restore the car in moment since 7 years to highest standart , in moment , he got the inner trim in original elefant grey, and seats remain original with patina. He got 2 new !!! doors and a new bonnet, because the original doors and bonnet where cut out extremely to light them, the rear wheel arches and the frontpanel are new made, the front was extreme demolated by race contacts and the fenders cut out.But the car had absolute no corosion like the most racecars. It is one of 3 alufloor cars, i had and the lowest chassisnumber of them.He has a thintube rollbar and will be extreme light.We also used much titanium parts in the engine and suspension and a complete exhaust from titanium-steel to save weight.The 1600 engine develloped 169 HP on the first runout on Schenk Hp-brake.

If somebody has a GTA-SA engine to sell , please give me a ring.

best regards
Uli
Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
These engines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleggerita View Post
Hi Uli,

That makes a total of 4 chassis numbers associated with a GTA-SA engine. I think that might be the number that has actually been suggested by Adriensens.

Your car sound intriguingly like an SA. I assume that you are aware of the 3 engines that were available for major money in Italy a while ago, one of which I believe has been sold. I am not sure whether these were the same or different engines from the ones the late Angelo Chiapperini had.
Hello Alleggerita,

Do you mean these engines?

Ciao, Olaf
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2011, 07:27 PM

Gta-sa 613015

Hallo Olaf, Hallo Allegeritta (Ulrich),

i made some fotos of the right inner fender and the right firewall. You can see, that the fender has a great hole , which is shot by an extra plate , on the foto demontated. It gives the possibility to work on the compressors through the right wheelhouse. Also the right firewall is enlarged to behind, due the second turbine needs place. The fusebox , that is normally at this place,was converted to the left side ,where normally the airfilterbox is placed. And see the opening at upper side of the right inner fender , the whole is for the hydraulic tubes of the SA -engine.

All in all , it must be the Beckers race car of Alfa BENELUX, i think. Its now in a very good constitution and will be one of the best cars in the world.Its the 8. Giulia Sprint GTA , that i restore and the 4. with alufloor. These cars are really more interesting than the cars without alufloor. It has all his original lightweight seats and interiors in elefant grey and a correct stamped chassis-number , not like the former showed here!!! The 7x14 are original Campagnolos and correct front and rear axles , all original magnesium parts are mounted.
I have an original 100 liter petroltank with the corresponding rear bonnet with hole , dont know, if i should take it on the car? What do you think about that?

nice to hear from you and all other

Uli
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.