Oil Vapor Hose - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Hi Gary,

Looks nice, they look to be about a 1/2 quart bottle with a breather on top of it? I need to buy or make an oil catch for the TT in Detroit and I'm trying to decide whether to buy a nice one or go the cheap route and make one out of a plastic bottle. My mind is telling me I need something shinny and my pocket book is telling me a plastic bottle.

I was just curious if their was a min. size catch tank that they were looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiert View Post
What is the min size for the oil catch tank for track use?
Hey Msiert.
Here in Australia,for track use. 2 litre minimum capacity catch tank for under 2 litre engines and minimum 3 litre capacity catch tank for over 2 litre engines.
Yeah,i know you might loose a bit of power by the engine burning the fumes,but would rather that than to smell the fumes or drop oil on the road.
On race cars on the track,we just vent the fumes into a bottle with holes in the top.You cant smell them at speed.
By the way Msiert,great car,and great video as well.

Robert
1967 GSGT 2 litre
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2007, 06:36 PM

Good thread here and just in time for me. I have the long dangling hose that spews oil all over the place, but keeps the car semi rust free What are opinions about the breather filter over a catch tank? I am going to be attempting a 1500 plus mile trip north in a few months and would like to loose as little oil as possible on the trip. I like the breather idea since it would be very easy to install, but the catch tank seems just a simple. What are the goods and bads about either option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulia_veloce View Post
Hey Msiert.
Here in Australia,for track use. 2 litre minimum capacity catch tank for under 2 litre engines and minimum 3 litre capacity catch tank for over 2 litre engines.
Yeah,i know you might loose a bit of power by the engine burning the fumes,but would rather that than to smell the fumes or drop oil on the road.
On race cars on the track,we just vent the fumes into a bottle with holes in the top.You cant smell them at speed.
By the way Msiert,great car,and great video as well.

Robert
Hi Robert just saw your post,

I found a catch tank and am waiting on a bracket to install it. I will be installing it on the driver's side (left side) right next to the MDS controller and coils. It has an internal baffle to keep the fluid from being blowing out the filter but I was wondering if iit will still get everything slimmed around it?

I found that a 1/4" OD hose fits nicely in the peacock so draining it should be some what easy.

Here some pic's of it.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Gold Subscriber

In Australia minimum size catch tank for competition for 2 litre engine is 2 litres.
In practice it only gets a few millimeters of oil after several events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.