weber carb parts and recommendations - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bryan
weber carb parts and recommendations

Does anybody have any recommendations for 40mm Weber Carb setups for a warm street engine? I would like to try 34mm chokes and need some ideas on how to set the other jets up to match.

Does anybody have 34mm venturis?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Platinum Subscriber

A good starting point would be standard factory setup for 32mm venturis but increase the main jet size by 10. That should get you in the ballpark.
Ed Prytherch
74 GTV
79 Spider
88 Verde
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaparticle View Post
A good starting point would be standard factory setup for 32mm venturis but increase the main jet size by 10. That should get you in the ballpark.
Ed Prytherch
74 GTV
79 Spider
88 Verde
Thanks Ed. I have 32mm venturis now, but want to go to 34s. The engine is a 2L with 9.8:1 CR and 10.4mm cams. So I think 34s would be help it breath a little better up top. But I am definitely interested in hearing suggestions.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan View Post
Thanks Ed. I have 32mm venturis now, but want to go to 34s. The engine is a 2L with 9.8:1 CR and 10.4mm cams. So I think 34s would be help it breath a little better up top. But I am definitely interested in hearing suggestions.

Thanks
By replacing the venturis with34,You could change the mainjets to 135,all the rest can pretty much stay
the same.
I did the same whith a pair of dellorto's.

Greetings
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Platinum Subscriber

I have 34 venturis on both of my 2L cars. I have 145 mains in both of them and they are definitely not running rich. The plugs are a light tan color and I get on average 25 mpg. I had 29 mpg on a 150 mile interstate run at 80 mph on Saturday. I have 10:1 pistons and 10.9 mm CB47 cams in both motors.
Ed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.