105/115 GT Registry - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 AM
tmt

Garage
Well Pat, I donīt know actually.
But this seems to start well anyway.
This is the link from the other "google" attempt.
GTVRegister - Giulia GT/GTV Register

Jan

1967 GT 1300 Junior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Nic

Chassis Number: 2206339
Year: 1975
Model: 115.05
Factory Color: Alfa Red
Location First Sold: South Africa
Location (current): South Africa
Owner: Nic Roets
Special Notes: Car is presently being restored
post #33 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 AM

105/115 Gt

Here is a picture of my car.
Attached Images

post #34 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 01:33 PM

This is my GTV

Chassis: AR3024914
Year: 1974 (July)
Model: 115.01
Factory color: Red (AR501)
Location first sold: California
Current Location: Vancouver Canada
Owner: Lawrence Pertile
Attached Images

post #35 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 PM

Patrick and others,

I wonder if you're aware of the '72- '74 GTV register that seems to have been started by Alex Gouras of N.Y.C. during the mid 1990's. I don't know if he actively maintains that registry at this time, nor have I ever seen it mentioned on this site. I have a copy of the registration sheet for my car (3020813) submitted by a previous owner back in 1995, which has a P.O. box address and phone number for Alex, but no email info. I can't find his email address among my stuff, but if anyone out there has that, it might be interesting to contact him to hopefully compare and combine his registry data that otherwise might be lost to time.

Paul Leone
'72 GTV
'91 164 S
post #36 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by italcarguy View Post
Pat,

I changed the title for you. I'll add my cars next week when I get back to L.A..
Thanks, Anthony - changing the thread name will definitely get more folks to sign up. Looking forward to having your cars on the register.

Patrick Hung
'59 Sprint Veloce * '63 Giulia Spider * '65 Giulia Ti * '67 GT 1300 Junior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 PM

2000 GTV, Malaysia

Chassis Number: AR 2411658
Year/date manufacture: 30 Sept 1972
Model: 105.22
Factory Color: Le Mans light blue AR348
Location as sold: Ipoh, Malaysia 18 Oct 1972
Location (current): Kuala Lumpur
Owner: Chris Billington
Special Notes:

Sorry, no photos until restored!
post #38 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsle View Post
Patrick and others,

I wonder if you're aware of the '72- '74 GTV register that seems to have been started by Alex Gouras of N.Y.C. during the mid 1990's. I don't know if he actively maintains that registry at this time, nor have I ever seen it mentioned on this site. I have a copy of the registration sheet for my car (3020813) submitted by a previous owner back in 1995, which has a P.O. box address and phone number for Alex, but no email info. I can't find his email address among my stuff, but if anyone out there has that, it might be interesting to contact him to hopefully compare and combine his registry data that otherwise might be lost to time.
Paul, I've only just heard of it from an earlier post, but like others, have not seen it nor know how to contact Alex. If you're able to get in touch with Alex, I'd be happy to transfer the information that he's collected onto this online register (maybe I should first ask, "how many cars are on that register?!). I googled his name just now, and a few old websites came up. He's apparently well known in the Alfa community (not by us?), having co-judged AROC events with the likes of Arno Leskinen, Bill Gillham, Re-Original's Matt Jones, etc. These folks might have his contact info.

Here's another GTV register, revealed to me a few posts earlier by Jan (tmt), and your car's listed; is this Alex's register?
GTVRegister - Register

Patrick Hung

Last edited by pathung; 09-18-2008 at 09:53 PM.
post #39 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulti View Post
Chassis Number: AR 2411658

Sorry, no photos until restored!
Chris, your car's been posted. Isn't it strange how these chassis numbers skip around with no regard to build-date? They seem more tied to the particular car model instead (105.xx). If someone has an explanation to this, it'd be great to have it posted here.

As an aside, a number of posters did not provide their car's build-date, so I've temporarily used January 1, 19XX in its place. This and other useful information about your Alfa may be easily obtained by sending an e-mail, including your car's chassis number, to Mr. Marco Fazio at the Alfa Romeo Documentation Center at this address:

marco.fazio@alfaromeo.com

Marco's response takes the following format:

"Dear Mister Hung,

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 250302 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (105.36), manufactured on the 13th March 1967 and sold on the 14th March 1967 to Alfa Romeo Inc., Newark, U.S.A.

The body colour is Alfa red (AR 501), with black skai interiors.

Yours, Sincerely,

Marco Fazio"

Please kindly send him a "thank you" reply after you've received the information.

Patrick Hung

Last edited by pathung; 12-20-2010 at 10:33 PM.
post #40 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 AM

The GTV and Giulia saloons in Malaysia were exported as a knockdown kit (to get around import duties) so that's probably the reason for the different series of chassis number.

Mine was assembled by City Motors in Ipoh, Malaysia (the company still exists in KL). It had an aircon fitted, a Nippon Denso truck aircon, by the looks of it, and minor parts such as screws, trim bits, and so on seem to have been locally supplied.

Alfa had a contract to supply Giulia saloons and Alfettas to the Malaysian Police Force, which they used to keep up with the speedy kids in their 240Z's. That only ended in the late 70's when Malaysia started to build Proton cars.

regards
Chris
post #41 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Well I'll be darned - Alfa was quite shrewd as a business organization, after all. How many Alfas would you say were ultimately imported into Malaysia in this manner?

Patrick Hung

post #42 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Paul, I've only just heard of it from an earlier post, but like others, have not seen it nor know how to contact Alex. If you're able to get in touch with Alex, I'd be happy to transfer the information that he's collected onto this online register (maybe I should first ask, "how many cars are on that register?!). I googled his name just now, and a few old websites came up. He's apparently well known in the Alfa community (not by us?), having co-judged AROC events with the likes of Arno Leskinen, Bill Gillham, Re-Original's Matt Jones, etc. These folks might have his contact info.

Here's another GTV register, revealed to me a few posts earlier by Jan (tmt), and your car's listed; is this Alex's register?
GTVRegister - Register
Patrick,
Having never seen Alex's Registry list, I can't say if the registry this link leads to, is for the same cars that may be on Alex's list. There's 42 GTV's on that 2007 list, and the blurb on my car's old mid-1990's registry sheet (Alex's) mentions that there are 150 "replies" to date. Not sure how the info for my car was picked up by this more recent list, the last time I submitted info was 2002.

Give me a day or 2 and I'll be happy to update the info for my car along with a photo.

Paul Leone
'72 GTV
'91 164 S
post #43 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

That sure looks like Alex's Register to me. My car is in it, and I don't recall that I ever posted it to another Register, but I might have.

My car:
VIN AR3023779
year 1974
built 03/74
tipo 115.01
engine AR01500*09107*
paint Rosso Amaranto AR509
interior Light tan
owner Andrew Watry CA, USA
miles 100,000
Notes Third owner; sold new at Ron Tonkin in Portland, OR. I’ve owned it 14 years. Lowered, Konis, big-valve head, track use
post #44 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Gold Subscriber

Hi Pat - here's another

Chassis Number: 1232446
Date of Manufacture: 21 January 1969
Model: 105.30, GT 1300 Junior
Factory Color: metallic medium grey (AR 728) w/ wild boar skai interiors
Location First Sold: Italy
Location (current): San Mateo, CA, USA
Owner: Dick Madden
Special notes: Currently AR red w/ black interiors. undergoing restoration after minor damage. Body color will be changed and interior returned to original.

69 GT 1300 jr w/ 2L
95 164LS nero - now gone on to a better life in Colorado
post #45 of 793 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 12:43 PM

Chassis Number: 3021847
Date of Manufacture: June 7, 1973
Model: 115.01
Factory Color: Faggio AR 516 now white
Location First Sold: Toronto Canada
Location (current): Toronto
Owner: Ken Lee
Notes: Sold as a 1974 Model
Attached Images

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ken Lee
Alfa Dogs #13
Oakville, ON[/FONT]
73 GTV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by GTV4EVR; 09-19-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode