Alfa Romeo Forums banner

car aerial on interim '59 sprint

878 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BlpltGTV 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I've installed a period Blaupunkt radio in my '59 Sprint and now I need some advice on what aerial to fit and in what position.
I have a spare Smiths 'wind-up' aerial but I assume this would be appropriate?

Many thanks
Graham

#2 ·
My car had an aerial mounted in the front fender. I had the hole for it removed when I had it painted. Not sure who made the part, but I can look the next time I'm up working on the car.

You can just see it in this pic on the right side fender.

Will

#4 ·
The funny thing about my car is that it had an aerial, but no radio. Go figure.
Here are a couple more pics of my car taken shortly after buying it. They should give you a better idea of where it was.

Hope they help,

Will

#5 ·
I've installed a period Blaupunkt radio in my '59 Sprint and now I need some advice on what aerial to fit and in what position.
Graham:

I believe that here in the States, radios and aerials (aka "antennas") were installed by the dealers, so there is no standard for placement or make/model. Anything that would have been available in 1959, installed in any logical location, should pass muster. The location shown in BlpltGTV's photos above is typical.

#7 ·
I think using a hidden internal antenna is a great idea. This is what I would do with my car should I feel I want a stereo in it. Just out of curiosity, where are you going to place the speakers?

Will

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.