Giulietta/Giulia Spider Register - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:08 PM

Garage
Patrick,

I just caught on to this thread about the 750/101 Register, which I am all for. This will give a good indication of what cars are still out there in peoples hands, regardless of condition. Thank you for starting this register. You will find that it does take a fair amount of your time to keep it updated.

I have had the 101 Spider Veloce Register since 1970, the 750 Spider Veloce Register since 1997, and the Sprint Speciale/Sprint Veloce Register since about 2002, it is only proper that you and I should share information about Veloce's.

I am in the process of acquiring a new host. I should have it back up and running by the end of next week. There are several new Veloce's that have been added.

I will definitely add your link to my website and I respectfully ask that you do the same ( Spider Veloce, Sprint Veloce and Sprint Speciale Registers ), when I get my new website up. If I can be of any help please ask.

I can only see this as a "win-win" for everyone.

Christopher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
www.alfadoctor.wordpress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Christopher,

I started this (and the Sprint thread) more for fun and convenience of BB members than for anything else, with no intention to ever build them into all-encompassing lists - these are just for kicks, so to speak, to update when I'm bored, really

Your lists, on the other hand, are where serious enthusiasts should conduct their research. I will definitely post a link to your lists in my first post in this thread. Please don't post a link to this thread on your website, as I would not be able to handle the added workload! After all, this thread exists simply for the entertainment of BB members.

If you do find cars here that are absent from your lists, please kindly contact the owners/posters by P.M. for their permission to transfer the information onto your lists, if so desired - they have agreed to make their information public here on the BB in this thread, but not anywhere else until further solicited from and agreed to. Thanks for respecting their privacy.

I think that this should clear things up! Your lists are amazingly complete and a great asset to the Giulietta community. Congratulations on a job truly well done, and for your incredible perseverance during all these years.

Patrick Hung
'59 Sprint Veloce * '63 Giulia Spider * '65 Giulia Ti * '67 GT 1300 Junior

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #48 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 04:50 PM

Here is the info on my all-original '56 Spider, and two photos.
Chassis number 1495 00584, engine number 1315 41023. Although sold to me as a '57, the numbers would indicate a half-way-through '56 production.
The car has been restored to a high level while remaining in original specification. It's driven regularly and shown at local car shows. I also have what I believe is a genuine Pininfarina hard top (quite heavy aluminum? construction. The car is currently in Virginia, USA.
Any further info would be appreciated.
Mike
Attached Images

post #49 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 Spider View Post
Here is the info on my all-original '56 Spider, and two photos.
Chassis number 1495 00584, engine number 1315 41023. Although sold to me as a '57, the numbers would indicate a half-way-through '56 production.
The car has been restored to a high level while remaining in original specification. It's driven regularly and shown at local car shows. I also have what I believe is a genuine Pininfarina hard top (quite heavy aluminum? construction. The car is currently in Virginia, USA.
Any further info would be appreciated.
Mike
A longshot, but any chance that your car ever lived in the Pittsburgh area? My dad purchased a white Spider from Hoffman in 1956 and sold it in Pittsburgh in 1959 (purchased a new Sprint from Hoffman). Not many '56s out there. I have original photos of my father with the car back in 1956.

Bob 1960 Giulietta Spider, 1975 Alfetta Sedan, 1984 GTV/6, 1982 Spider, 1990 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V, 1988.5 Ferrari 328 GTS, 1962 Ferrari 250 GTE
post #50 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 07:28 AM

Mike,
Very nice piece...........Did you purchase from Kirk White in Central FL?
Ric
post #51 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM

Garage
Giulia Spider 379741- Restored

379741 1964 Giulia 1600 Spider 101.23. B: 8th June 1964 Restored (Black/Red) (Joakim Kallviks -Sweden)

Last edited by Za-gato; 07-18-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Restoration complete
post #52 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Gold Subscriber

Patrick,
Finally getting around to posting the info for my two '65 Spider Veloces:
-#391002; engine #00121-02567; 1965 Giulia Spider Veloce; owned since
'76, driven for 2 yrs., then stored. Currently just beginning full
restoration. (This one will be mostly for show)
-#391023; engine #00121-02488; 1965 Giulia Spider Veloce; owned since
4/96. Previous owner mostly restored it, but I'm completing its second
make over to a better standard. (This one is the "nice driver", and it
goes everywhere)

For the keen eyed, the engine/chassis numbers are totally original and correct. Another proof that "matching numbers" is meaningless for the Giulias, since the completed motors were dropped into just any chassis as needed. And the reference books indicate that both motors should have been in Sprint Speciales, not Spiders. Just adds to the character And I'm pretty sure that Chris Boles already has these in his register.
Jim

62 Giulia Sprint
65 Giulia Spider Veloces (two)
88 Milano 3.0 L
91 Ducati 900 S/S
06 Ducati Paul Smart 1000
post #53 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 06:49 PM

Patrick,

Also just getting around to this, here's the bio on my car:

Dear Mister Mariano,

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1495.10362 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider (101.03), engine series AR 1315, manufactured on the 1st August 1960 and sold on the 7th April 1961 to Hoffman Motor Car Co. from New York, U.S.A.

The body colour is red (AR 514), with black or beige-grey interiors.

No further information available on this car.

Yours, Sincerely,

Automobilismo Storico Alfa Romeo
Archivio Storico

Antonio Magro

It is currently under restoration and hope to get it home soon, it will stay red with black seats...my kids wants me to go with red carpets, so red carpets will go with this car.

Thanks for doing this register as I know you are also busy trying to get your car on the road.

Randy
post #54 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:10 PM

Patrick, Thanks for taking time to put together this register. Here are the details of my Giulia Spider.

Chassis number: 377338
Built: June 19, 1963
Model Giulia Spider 1600 Normale
Color: Red with Black interior
Condition: recently repainted and modified with 1750, disc brakes front and rear

Thanks again,

Joe Johnson
post #55 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 PM

Hi Patrick,

Please include my '64 Giulia Spider on the list.

Model: Giulia Sprider 101.23
Chassis Number: 378 579
Engine Number: 00112*14033
Exterior Color: Red
Interior Color: Black
Build Date: November 27,1963
Sold New: March 24, 1964 - Frankfurt, Germany
Condition: 100% original, unrestored, CA black plates, Pininfarina hard top, oroginal owners manual and service book.
History: Sold new to a US Army service man stationed in Germany, brought over to San Francisco in late 1964, sold to a lady living in Carmel sometime in the 70's, bought by my father on Dec. 22, 1984, he used it as a daily driver until 1992, now undergoing a complete mechanical restoration while the interior and exterior are being left in original condition,

Below is the letter I received from Archivo Storico
================================================== ========

Dear Mister Rimicci,

With reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 378579 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider (101.23), manufactured on the 27th November 1963 and sold on the 24th March 1964 to Alfa Romeo Germany, Frankfurt.

The body colour is red, with black interiors.

Yours, Sincerly,

Marco Fazio

Last edited by italcarguy; 01-18-2008 at 08:36 PM.
post #56 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:48 AM

Not that I know of. I have papers back into the 80's from Florida and Georgia, and was told it was always a southern states car.
Mike
post #57 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Mike, Joakim, Jim, Randy, Joe, and Anthony - your cars have been added.

I NOW COUNT 33 SPIDERS LISTED. The Sprint register has 40+...

Patrick Hung

Last edited by pathung; 01-19-2008 at 08:28 PM.
post #58 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy M View Post

Thanks for doing this register as I know you are also busy trying to get your car on the road.

Randy
Randy,

Doing this register is fun for me, so I enjoy every minute of it. Thanks for providing your info. for everyone's benefit.

Patrick Hung

post #59 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Patrick,
As both you and Chris B. know, these records are quite valuable, both as a resource, but also, as these cars are finally being rescued, and increase in value, owner and restoration records can prevent some of the sales fraud we have all seen on E-bay and other sales venues. It will be more difficult for a scammer to attempt to "sell" any of these cars, once the cars #'s and current owner are matched in these registers. Thank you! Gordon Raymond
post #60 of 547 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Thanks, Gordon; glad to be doing something good for the community. I'll then try to be a bit more serious and detailed in collecting this volunteered information.

For folks who see data missing in the posts regarding their cars, please provide such if you're able; thanks.

It looks like we may have located the earliest Spider yet: a pre-production car under restoration, owned by Paulo Epifani in Berkeley, chassis number 1495*00013. AR58SprintV (Laurence Anderson) tells me that Paulo's car should be ready for this year's Pebble Beach Concours (and Concorso Italiano, I presume?).

Correction: Laurence meant that if the car were finished, it would certainly be shown at Pebble; he doesn't know if it will be finished in time for this year's concours.

Patrick Hung

Last edited by pathung; 01-20-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode