New Grills: $115!!! Brass, chrome, A+. - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

New Grills: $115!!! Brass, chrome, A+.

Trying to drum up interest to an advert I saw in the December 2014 AROC issue. Fellow Alfisti, Don Singer, knows someone in the Aerospace business that will copy his original grill and stamp new ones out of brass. VERY high quality. PLUS, he will have them chromed, all for $115 per unit!!! This is a VERY AWESOME deal! Every Giulietta owner NEEDS an extra grill. Even those that don't own a Giulietta, need this grill, at least to hang up in the "Man Cave."

Seriously, I saw this advert in this months issue of AROC and contacted Don. He's a great guy and has a connection to have high quality grills made on the cheap. Just to give you all an idea of what's up with Giulietta grills, I purchased one off eBay in October 2014 for $81. It was in deplorable shape. I am having it restored and show-chromed for $424. That's OVER $500 dollars for a SHOW CHROME grill that can be bought for $115! Even if you don't go my route and purchase one off Centerline, Mr. Fiat, etc., you can get TWO grills from DON cheaper than you can buy one off these websites. Think about it.

Don needs 100 units spoken for in order to get things going. Time is running out so it's best to jump on this offer while still available. Don is NOT computer literate and prefers you send him a letter of intent. While you all are at work or sipping your morning java, print out a letter to Don and drop it in the mailbox. So far, I was the 3rd person to contact him about these grills. I requested 4 grills and he needs 100 to get things moving. You may contact Don at (805) 382-8394 and send your letter to the attention of Don Singer, 1540 Viewpoint Drive, Oxnard, CA 93035.

Let's get things going for Don and have some great grills made. Thanks for listening.

- Len

Len Jacko (Cleveland, OH): '58 Spider Normale, Spider Veloce (Done!) and Sprint Veloce (In Progress), '60 Spider 2000 Touring (my favorite) and '61 Spider Normale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 03:38 PM

What assurance do we have of accuracy and quality of Don's grills? If they are as good or better than the originals, I'd buy 2-3 (1 for the wall, one to replace the dented one, and 1 spare for when I dent the 2nd one).

John

John F.
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

There's another thread on this, not sure if it's in the Giulietta forum or not.
Andrew

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfeng View Post
What assurance do we have of accuracy and quality of Don's grills? If they are as good or better than the originals, I'd buy 2-3 (1 for the wall, one to replace the dented one, and 1 spare for when I dent the 2nd one).

John
Don's contact info is posted above. Feel free to call him and ask any questions you may have. I already did my due diligence and am just bringing this to the attention of the Alfa community. Seems like a decent deal with the same detail as a repro part. Only problem is lack of interest. Need 40-50 Alfisti's buying 2 apiece. That number gets things moving.

Len Jacko (Cleveland, OH): '58 Spider Normale, Spider Veloce (Done!) and Sprint Veloce (In Progress), '60 Spider 2000 Touring (my favorite) and '61 Spider Normale.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
There's another thread on this, not sure if it's in the Giulietta forum or not.
Andrew
Yes Andrew, there was another post about this earlier. It was posted before I received my monthly AROC and had a chance to speak with Don. Don isn't computer savvy and appreciated a post on the AlfaBB. Just trying to bring this to the attention of the community.

post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 06:19 PM

I signed up for 4 pieces. Let's use this post as the "group buy" thread. Please contact other giulietta owners to see if we can get it up to the minimum of 100 pieces.

John

John F.
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Gold Subscriber

I'll buy 2

Tad
Alabama

'59 Sprint
'59 Spider Veloce
'61 Giulietta Spider- Street
'61 Giulietta Spider- Race
'67 Duetto
'67 Giulia Super
'71 Spider Veloce
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:26 PM

Which Giulietta are we talking about?

Phil
'62 Giulietta Sprint Normale
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:30 PM

I'll order 2, to move this forward. Thanks for the head's up.

Best

Tony

Tony

'58 Giulietta Spider Veloce
'67 Duetto (sold)
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:43 PM

Which giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by phila3885 View Post
Which Giulietta are we talking about?
Great question. I just spoke to Don and he said it was a Giulia Spider, not a Giulietta. I think they are the same. Maybe one of you long term Giulietta owners can confirm (I've only had my 750d for a month).

John

John F.
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 07:47 PM

thanks for posting this

Len,
Thanks for posting this. I think I saw a post over on AROC (Nov 4th), but it implied that one had to order 100pcs. As I didn't need that many grills, I just forgot about it. But, what Don really needs is a group buy, which he didn't say in that post. Len, suggest you go back over to AROC, and repost where you clearly explain that we can do this as a group buy with each individual only buying one or a few.

To everyone else, be sure to drop Don a post card or letter stating your intent to buy and how many.

John

John F.
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2015, 09:40 PM

Location: 30044 Lawrenceville,Georgia..30 miles NNE of Atlanta
I'll buy 2.Thanks,Phil D
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

I will take 4 of them. Thanks, Scott

Alfa Club of the Rockies.... Join today!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:23 AM

Just curious to know if the $389 listed item from current suppliers is inferior.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I'll take 1.

Neil
1962 Touring Spider in restoration
1963 Giulia Spider "slightly" abnormale
1967 Giulia Sprint GT (aka Stepnose) with 3.0 V6 and a/c
1978 Sport Sedan set up to flat tow behind motorhome
Los Angeles and Magalia CA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode