Photos of 750-101 Sprint/Spider interiors - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 96 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 02:19 AM

Garage
Thanks Grieg,

I'm sure i'll have more questions in the future.

Cheers Ian

62 LANCIA FLAMINIA GT 2500 3C RESTO PROJECT (now sold)
64 GIULIA SPRINT GT 68 1750 ROUND TAIL SPIDER 70 1750 gtv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:00 PM

1957 Spider floor mats

Dennis said - "a new picture thread on 750-101 Sprint/Spider interiors where all the key info can again be gathered in one place, thus easily produced when needed?" I like this theme very much, and I have just gained benefit.
The interior photos Steve H posted Oct 17, 2014, post 10, have been helpful to me.
My 57 Spider, (1495 1298 manufactured Jan 30 1957) has diamond pattern floor mats, edged with red trim, the same as in photos from Steve H. Are there other 56 or 57 Spiders with this mat pattern ? I've not seen diamond pattern mats other than those that came with my car, and Steve H's. A little more confirmation would be nice before I buy replacements.
All the usual suppliers only offer longitudinal ribbed mats, with red edging, and imply that's correct for early 750's. A little on line searching found a generic substitute that might be close. Pyramid Runner Mats, by American Floor Mats, might be acceptable base material with red edge trim added.
I appreciate any insight from owners, or previous owners of early 750 Spiders.
Attached Images

Last edited by Brad750f; 11-25-2016 at 09:02 PM.
post #93 of 96 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to concept 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad750f View Post
Dennis said - "a new picture thread on 750-101 Sprint/Spider interiors where all the key info can again be gathered in one place, thus easily produced when needed?" I like this theme very much, and I have just gained benefit.
The interior photos Steve H posted Oct 17, 2014, post 10, have been helpful to me.
My 57 Spider, (1495 1298 manufactured Jan 30 1957) has diamond pattern floor mats, edged with red trim, the same as in photos from Steve H. Are there other 56 or 57 Spiders with this mat pattern ? I've not seen diamond pattern mats other than those that came with my car, and Steve H's. A little more confirmation would be nice before I buy replacements.
All the usual suppliers only offer longitudinal ribbed mats, with red edging, and imply that's correct for early 750's. A little on line searching found a generic substitute that might be close. Pyramid Runner Mats, by American Floor Mats, might be acceptable base material with red edge trim added.
I appreciate any insight from owners, or previous owners of early 750 Spiders.
Brad,

Thanks for the recognition.

As to your mats, have you contacted Elvezio in Italy (elvezio.com) and queried about your problem? They are a renowned supplier with long experiance within this field and just might help you.
Email donatella.esposito@elvezio.com, she is Elvezio´s daughter and replies in fluent english.

Dennis

post #94 of 96 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 04:19 AM
Platinum Subscriber

That pyramid runner material is described as being made from vinyl. If yours are rubber, you can get this from Woolies Trim - Pyramid Rubber Matting. I have used this before and it's an excellent product.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to all parts I have advertised on the BB so far. Plenty more! Just ask.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #95 of 96 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 07:05 AM

Thanks Denis and Alex.
Those two leads are helpful. I'm sure both are better options than the hall runner mat I found.
Brad
post #96 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 07:29 AM

Greig,
What front floor mats were used in the '61 101 Giulietta sprint? I've seen photos with matching carpet and others with rubber mats. I want to use original style mats for my Gardenia white sprint with blue interior.
Also, what material covered the rear fender wells? Mine are freshly painted body color.
Thanks,
Don
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode