Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Looking for a Giulia tool bag

5K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Gordon Raymond 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm looking for an original Giulia tool bag in good condition - just the bag, I don't need the tools.

Thanks!

Chuck
Colorado

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
tool bag giulia spider

Thanks, Denis!
Could someone, plese, post to this forum giulietta/giulia tool bag dimensions? At least base overall dimensions... I have got an offer for repro tool bag but it seems not proportional comparing to pictures in different threads at this forum.

#15 ·
Thanks, Denis!
Could someone, plese, post to this forum giulietta/giulia tool bag dimensions? At least base overall dimensions... I have got an offer for repro tool bag but it seems not proportional comparing to pictures in different threads at this forum.
I can take those measurements for you in about one week´s time, when I´ll go over to the garage (50 km forth and back).

But hopefully someone else comes up with them before that.

Dennis

#22 ·
There are at least 2 different bags, depending on production date. Terry Rushbrook (USER 459) has made some very close to perfect replica's of the late '65 bag.

#25 ·
Boris,

I think Gordon is referring to exlusively 750-101 bags, only there might be some minor differencies, most probably depending on different manufacturers and production dates during the series.
There´s a thread right below this one, "Giulietta tool roll" that you should browse as it describes a lot of interesting stuff regarding the tool rolls for our cars.

Dennis

#26 ·
Tool bag

I did some research about different tool kits and this is what I found:
Information sheet from 26.06.1964. titled „All models, TOOL KIT“ showed that for all models supplied kit is just like one Gordons, posted in this thread:

Than, interesting part of the story showed up:
In a book that I bought in Padova few years ago ( „Alfa Romeo Giulia, Articoli e prove dal 1962 al 1977“ by QUATTRORUOTE) which is, basicaly, nice collection of old articles from Quattroruote magazin,

I found the article from December 1964 about Giulia Sprint GT, which shows tool kit (and tool roll) just like one from Giuliettas:

And another one from April 1964 about Giulia 1300, which model will be publicly presented in a month after that. In article there is a picture of tool roll and tools, just like from Gordons Giulia Spider!

That leads us to conclusion that 1964 was transitional year for tool rolls and tool kits!
If your car is produced after June of 1964., than there is a good chance that „reduced“ tool kit was part of its equipment!

#27 ·
Excellent! Thanks for the research. I had no idea the transition was before '65. I have seen some '65 US titled cars with the earlier tool roll, but as I unloaded my car from the transporter from NJ, I did the initial inventory as to what came with the car. I have seen this later kit on Duettos, and have no idea when that changed again. As with most things "Alfa" there are variations, due to suppliers, and assembly stock at any time. That just makes the cars more interesting.

#31 ·
Contact me for "the story" it can be done, but NOT easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.