The complete SVZ file - Page 50 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #736 of 738 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 11:04 AM

Thank AlfaRonny.
I do have this one. with you help I think this is identified.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #737 of 738 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:25 PM

Confirmation of race participations for 02348 during 1960/61 seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinue View Post
The photo of the airfield race might show Geither at the '61 Flugplatzrennen Oberschleißheim, München; it is the only airport race of which I found no starting number in my files for him. Geither had starting n. 34 in the '60 Bergrekord Freiburg-Schauinsland
Dear Martinue,

thanks for clarifying that No. 34 is at Freiburg in 1960. Do you have a source for the 1961 date for the Oberschleissheim race participation? I am asking because Mr Geither told me that he only did 1 or 2 races in 1961 before he sold the car. Also, would you happen to know which race depicts the car when with racing number 112 ? It might be here in this string, but there are so many postings now... I have a foto showing the car with 112 No in a European hillclimb and painted already in blue as supposed to the earlier yellow (i.e. after the Spa accident on 3rd May 1959). In the very nice magazine from Antoine Köhler in CH this picture is listed as Mitholz Kandersteg and when still with Berney, which I looked up occured on May 9th - 10th 1959. Only 1 week to repair the car after the accident in Spa ? I am wondering if this foto is not perhaps later and when already with Mr Geither... can you help ? I am trying to put together a listing of the dates, race numbers and fotos for the period the car was with Mr Geither. I had him on the phone after a long 7 years again on Saturday and I want to bring him the list as a present. He was very pleased with the article in Classic Austria that I send him, but a little bit upset that his race successes listed had him only down as 2nd in one of the races (I think Freiburg, but need to check), but omitted that in the following year he came 1st in the same race - anything you can share would be highly appreciated. BR Tim

Last edited by tim buttkus; 01-18-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
post #738 of 738 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 01:24 AM

Marcel Stern's SVZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterHendricks View Post
I now have the complete results from the Auvergne 3 hr race and a better view, including #36 which Martin already has as *01944*.

--Carter
Just realised that the car behind No.44 must be Marcel Stern#s SVZ, No. 52 also posted in various different pictures here. Most likely 02348 before sold/passed on to Edgar Berney...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode