The complete SVZ file - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Platinum Subscriber

FYI, the car shown in post #34 is now for sale at InterClįssicos in Portugal.
Attached Images

Maintainer of a 2600 SZ register (not the Dutch one).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
Listed as sold. I don't think it is a real car....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:07 AM

I have found this picture from Le Mans 1958of a Osca and Giulietta.
I am uncertain whether the Giulietta is a SVZ or just a "normal" GV
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 touring sp View Post
I have found this picture from Le Mans 1958of a Osca and Giulietta.
I am uncertain whether the Giulietta is a SVZ or just a "normal" GV
It is an SVZ and almost certainly S/N 1944. See post #5 on page 1.....

SVZ #01944 was the first SVZ. It was one of the first SV Alleggeritas ever sold and was destroyed only a few days later in the 1956 Mille Miglia as an SVA. During the summer of 1956 (actually 1957) it was rebodied by Zagato for the Leto di Priolo brothers. Massimo Leto di Priolo raced it first in the 1956 (actually 1957) Coppa Intereuropa at Monza on the Formula One weekend, and took a class win (GT1.3). The Leto di Priolo brothers raced it until the end of 1957 (or early 1958) and sold it to Giorgio Ubezzi from Torino (father of Alfabb-member mbuezzi). After a few races he repainted the car rosso and went on to Le Mans. From then on there is no information. In 1960 he went again to Le Mans with a SVZ, POSSABLY the same car (but rebodied again) with the later 1958 SVZ bodywork and new registration plates. No information since

Last edited by dretceterini; 02-05-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:50 PM

photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 touring sp View Post
Thank you martinue
I have 2 pictures, I don't know at what race they are taken
And a merry Christmas to everyone on this forum, with the sincere hope that everyone will have there secret wishes come trough
Hi all just registered to this forum !
Internet, what a great invention.

I can say the photos mentioned above were taken in the GT race before the German GP at the Nurburgring in 1958 (august 3rd). Car # 89 was driven by Kurt Ahrens, car # 90 by Horst Estler.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Gold Subscriber

SVZ doubtful for Rolland/Augias

On 1-27 "PeterK" asked "does anyone know something about the SVZ of Jean Rolland - Gabriel Augias...?"
While Anselmi's large format book on the Giulietta is a wonderful resource, I believe he relied on inaccurate information to list Rolland/Augias as having four class and one overall victories in rallies and a hill climb in an SVZ in 1959 and '60. I think that R and A were in Rolland's SVA. We know that race entry and finish order lists in the late '50s and early '60s sometimes were ambiguous or inaccurate when it came to "Giulietta," "Sprint", "SV," "SVZ" and "SZ."
Jaubert, Rolland's biographer, does not include an SVZ. Jaubert writes about Rolland successes in a Peugeot 203, then the appeal of the additional horsepower of a Conrero prepared SVA (although Rolland thought the Peugeot was better suited for winter rallies). That SVA purchase was in 1959; in 1961 Rolland bought an SZ.
I don't have any photos of Rolland in the the five events Anselmi lists, but a photo of Rolland's entry in the June 1960 Mont Ventoux climb clearly is of a Sprint Veloce. Anselmi lists him in an SVZ at Mont Ventoux a year earlier; I doubt the logic of that.
It is understandable that we would think a successful driver such as Rolland would be in the best car for the time, but in this case he was winning without it!
Richard
SVZ #08780
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM

pcleemans
My I welcome you to this fantastic forum. I hope that you will experience the friendly and active tone on this forum from all members in general. If you in any way is wanting additional advices or help, you will be certain to meet by friendly and helpful people.
Thanks for the info regarding the post 66, do you by any chance have the possibility to give in the chassis number.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:42 PM

I own Rolland's SVA *04700* and I have copies of his entry form with this car for the '59 and '60 Mont Ventoux event. It is described as a "Conrero special"!

'56 Giulietta Spider, '57 Giulietta Spider Veloce, '57 Giulietta Lightweight Sprint Veloce, '60 SZ, '68 GTA, '76 2000 Spider
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM

SVZ No. 80+89

The dates to the photos (in post #66) which came from pcleemans are wrong, I have listed the correct entries in post 84
Old 02-08-2007, 01:06 AM

martinue
Thanks for updating
Old 02-08-2007, 04:29 AM

I think that's probably true. I checked in the 58 German GP programme and the cars have the same racing nos like the ones you mention but are listed as GSV instead of Zagato.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Banned

There are some photos in the photos file on the yahoo alfaromeo750and101 group (NOT alfarome750-101 group) that might be of interest (there are two pages).

I posted most of them a long time ago to the main group, but they were transfered to the 2nd group by Lew and others.

The second yahoo alfa giulietta group group was created some time ago because there was no more storage room in the files of the main group. It seems a large number of people are unaware this second group (alfaromeo750and101) even exists!! The link below is to the photos section in that group.

http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/gro...0and101/photos

look in the specific photo file named historical/Stuart Schaller

I think some have been looking for this photo I originally posted to the main yahoo group, and was later transfered to the 2nd yahoo group:

http://f9g.yahoofs.com/groups/g_5019...A34yFBTlCSEZZH

Last edited by dretceterini; 02-08-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Gold Subscriber

Sorry but I have an OT question for the folks engaged with this thread that may not notice it elsewhere. Does anyone know about the blue '58 Giulietta Sprint Veloce at VSOC? Condition, completeness, history, price, etc. Please PM me to keep this further off this excellent thread. Thanks, George

(or knows of a more interesting Sprint available . . . .)
Old 02-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by George J View Post
Sorry but I have an OT question for the folks engaged with this thread that may not notice it elsewhere. Does anyone know about the blue '58 Giulietta Sprint Veloce at VSOC? Condition, completeness, history, price, etc. Please PM me to keep this further off this excellent thread. Thanks, George

(or knows of a more interesting Sprint available . . . .)
No, but it sure looks good! I posted a link to their website earlier this morning in the sale section here, as I found the giulietta and 6c2500 they have for sale by accident.

I also found that there is a very early 750 berlina that looks like it is all there, on e-bay, which I mentioned in a seperate thread in the giulietta forum here....
Old 02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

A new 1/43rd scale model of the Leto di Priolo (S/N 01944) car in 1956 Monza guise

http://www.tronmodels.com/showimg.asp?id=977&big=true

and the 1958 Le Mans car...

http://www.tronmodels.com/showimg.asp?id=978&big=true

Last edited by dretceterini; 02-12-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.