Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Torino Key, Marked 4

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bvdp 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what Alfa uses a Torino Safe key marked 4? Key Brass Metal

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hard to tell. The '4' refers to the profile shape. After cutting to fit a specific tumbler, this key would have been stamped with another two (or even three) numbers, so the code would be '4xx' or '4xxx'. This is how they would have come from the factory when matched with a lock, so new ones could be ordered if necessary.

Even if Alfa did not specify SAFE keys with a #4 profile, you can be sure that this will work on other Italian cars from the 1960s and '70s.

EDIT: I've looked in my Giulia Sprint GT and Giulia Ti/Super parts books, both list this key as 105.14.61.129.00 .

#8 ·
S A F E keys

I have a copy key for my '64 Giulia Spider.

How would I discover what code my car might have had, originally?

Thanks

#9 ·
The owner's manual had a space to handwrite the original key numbers. Many opportunities for neglect, loss or errors. In my 1974 manual the dealer had taken the time to note them down, but read the ignition key number upside down!

The key shown at the top of this thread was used on Fiats as well.

#12 ·
I have several Torino keys and also have original Torino keys from my 101 Sprint Veloce. I have purchased them in order to use them in SAFE ignition switches and door locks. I also have Taylor keys that fit both ignition switches and door locks. I would like to use original keys as much as possible, but sometimes have to use Taylor keys because I cannot find Torino keys.

#14 ·
I wanted to contact the key owner by sending a pm. Not possible unless I have 10 posts. Would somebody be so kind to send this message to kuni123456?
Really want this key since mine is broken :crying2:. Thanks.
In 2014 you started a tread about a Torino Key, Marked 4. I am looking for one since mine has broken. I want to replace it. Do you still have the key and is it for sale?

Regards, Bart (Belgium)
bart.mie'at'outlook.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.