Airfilter canister - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 12:29 PM

today , i was at one of my friend's garage wich has a fantastic amount of guenuine spare parts for giuliettas and giulias ,and he has both 1300 v AND 1600 Veloce air canister and filter boxes for spiders . NO INTAKE is oval ! compared to the 1300 , 1600 has the circular air intake at the end , 1300 in the midle !
1600 is a little bigger too !
i have to make a picture !

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé
alfa 2 l twin sp for everyday

Last edited by pepiot; 05-08-2006 at 10:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Giulietta10103
hi

were nice to see the pictures also from the af canisters to see wich model it is ... i saw u r fom Paris, if you prefer to write in french language ... it s no problem 4 me
best regards
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 06:42 AM

Is it possible that your engine is from a later 1600?

La Voce
1969 GTV
1961 Giulietta Berlina

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 09:51 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to concept 101
friend´s garage

[Hello Pepiot,
I´m looking for 1600 Sprint front seats and normale air filter housing assembly as well as for the battery box assembly. Do you think that your friend would be willing to sell of these parts, if he has them?
Regards, Dennis

QUOTE=pepiot]today , i was at one of my friend's garage wich has a fantastic amount of guenuine spare parts for giuliettas and giulias ,ans he has both 1300 v AND 1600 Veloce air canister and filter boxes for spiders . NO INTAKE is oval ! compared to the 1300 , 1600 has the circular air intahe at the end , 1300 in the midle !
i have to make a picture ![/QUOTE]
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 AM

i think he has ,and i will see him on sunday ! i am afraid ,the shipping from france to usa will be a little expensive !

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:51 AM

Garage
Pepiot, no problem with the shipping, I live in Sweden, but surely, it doesn´t mean it´s going to be cheap, but at least I´m going to be able to skip all of those taxes. Please let me know as soon as you know anything further.
Regards, Dennis
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta10103
were nice to see the pictures also from the af canisters to see wich model it is ... i saw u r fom Paris, if you prefer to write in french language ... it s no problem 4 me
best regards
what is particular is ,on 1600 VELOCE SPIDER , the filter box has a round (but at the end of the box unlike giulietta )intake ,but the carb aluminium box
has an oval tube (cause it has to be suitable between ,the engine and the bonnet. THAT THE RUBBER tube wich is primarly oval and become circular !

in french (i would be clearest)
la boite à air des carburateurs possède donc une entrée ovale , qui permet à la durite de liaison entre le filtre et les carbus ,d'étre plus plate et de passer entre la culasse et le capot et celle ci s arondit progressivement pour arriver
au boitier de filtre à air . CE DERNIER est spécifique , plus volumineux qu un 1300 et son entré ce fait quasiment à l extremité et avec une inclinaison notable du manchon métalique par rapport à la partie longue du boitier

sincères salutations

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept 101
[Hello Pepiot,
I´m looking for 1600 Sprint front seats and normale air filter housing assembly as well as for the battery box assembly. Do you think that your friend would be willing to sell of these parts, if he has them?
Regards, Dennis

QUOTE=pepiot]today , i was at one of my friend's garage wich has a fantastic amount of guenuine spare parts for giuliettas and giulias ,ans he has both 1300 v AND 1600 Veloce air canister and filter boxes for spiders . NO INTAKE is oval ! compared to the 1300 , 1600 has the circular air intahe at the end , 1300 in the midle !
i have to make a picture !
[/QUOTE]

i just phoned to him and he said he has the seats (other things too but he do not want to sell as he is restauring two sprints )he said that the frames are in good condition but other things has to be rebuilt .

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé

Last edited by pepiot; 05-08-2006 at 10:31 AM.
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 11:20 AM

Garage
Thanks Pepiot, could you specify what should be rebuilt? Did he mean the upholstery or something other mechanical? Any mentioning of the price?
Dennis
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 11:27 AM

just the upholstery , frame and articulations are very ok , i will ask him for the price on sunday
regards !

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

af can

[QUOTE=pepiot]what is particular is ,on 1600 VELOCE SPIDER , the filter box has a round (but at the end of the box unlike giulietta )intake ,but the carb aluminium box
has an oval tube (cause it has to be suitable between ,the engine and the bonnet. THAT THE RUBBER tube wich is primarly oval and become circular !

Hi Salut
I thought that on the af canister the outlet to airbox where also oval...
because i've got the hoses and this one between the af can. and airbox is +/-oval and rigide so ....
the circular outlet wich diameter has it?
and do your friend have one of the required af canister??
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 05:37 AM

he has ,but only one (it's very very rare ) and i need one for my 1600 VELOCE 10118 wich is not fitted with actually !CONCERNING 10118 i know 4 of that cars ,and what is strange is that on several of those i saw 10121 SS engines and
it seems to be genuine . LUIGI FUZI book does not mention it !(he says 10118 engine number)
as on the french models (at this time imported by renault)there is a police plate wich mention number of the body and engine ,i will have a look about that , perhaps it was particular for the french markett ?

if you are speacking about the outlett(aluminium) of the carb air box ,yes , as my friend told me , its oval , but the intake on the air filter box is round and excentred (i don't know if this word is used in english)

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé

Last edited by pepiot; 05-06-2006 at 05:41 AM.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 05:23 AM

have a look , its the pict concerning what i was talking about (its on a 63 spider giulia )

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

model

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepiot
have a look , its the pict concerning what i was talking about (its on a 63 spider giulia )

hi
so i will have a look on my documentations and if i cannot find info about i will have a look with german and italian forums

but perhaps you can have an answer on ur question on this site (http://www.riar.it/il_riar/contattaci.php)
best regards
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 10:27 AM

i have now some answers , from the official alfa part list , it's said N° 10121 FOR giulia spider veloce engine (that's the real genuine part list)i have the picts of it but i will post it soon , but not now,as i forgot my transfert cable !
i have done today picts of the different air boxes and canister ,and there is two different mounts 1 oval and the other round (the same as SS model)the air filter intake is always circular !
what is very strange is that all the books i have on giulias (as fuzi and several others ) say that the engine is 10118 , the official part list from alfa
10121 ,i am a little lost !

giulia spider 64
giulia spider veloce 65
Jag E type 65 coupé

Last edited by pepiot; 05-08-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode