my name is Alejandro, from Italy. This is my first post here. I followed this Board for over a year but I had not registered yet because, as you ‘ll see, my spell sucks. Sorry for that.
First thing first I want to thanks you all: this forum, along with the 750/101 yahoo group and giuliettas.com, has been my primary web source of data on Alfa Romeo classics and restoration info.
Now, I ‘m involved in the restoration of my 1960 101 interim Giulietta Spider Veloce ("Involved" means here that I actively work alongside the experienced guy who leads the restoration work, trying to learn everything about my car).
I do not have many good pictures of my Giulietta, but you can see her in the videoclips that I regularly publishes in my Restoration Diary Blog (Spiderveloce's Blog
In any case I wish to present my proyect:
- is a matching numbers true Veloce, as evidenced by the Archivio Storico docs (see Mr. Fazio’s e-mail
- was built June 4, 1960 and she was built to go to America, but she has never gone overseas, since an English gentleman bought it at the factory;
- had there a small accident
which destroyed the left fender and part of the nose. Then a criminal tried to repair it with tons of Bondo;
- about in 1987 was sold to a Dutch sire.
I bought it last January from Joop Stolze in De Lier, Holand
, and since then I ‘m fighting a truly war against rust
Apart from that, the car seems to have good mechanical stuff: the engine turns by hand and the transmission is correct. It Has several missing parts witch I'm looking a bit 'everywhere: web, autojumbles etc.
(I 'll use only original parts, no repros).
Until now I did:
- disassembly: a really fun Svitol Party
- Stripped old paint out
- Sanding of the body
(bottom and engine bay only);
- purchase of spare parts (Fender - a Cannibal Mission
- and many wrong items that I ‘m trying to resale on ebay).
Now we are ready to begin the truly reconstruction of the body. God help us!
We work slow (only 2 days at week): I 'll post 'in progress' links here.
I hope to enjoy your advice and suggestions.
Thanks in advance.