Giulia electronic problems - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By alfasrule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Giulia electronic problems

I've had a '17 Giulia TI with HK sound system for 1 month now. The Nav wasn't working out of the box, and was replaced by the dealer. Now the Nav works, but the odometer is flashing, indicating a problem with the car electronic system. Alfa sent a tech down but he couldn't diagnose it.

Also, I can't get the nav to respond to most of the voice commands, and can't figure out how to set the nav commands that aren't controlled by the rotary knob, such as the 2D vs 3D display. The Owner's Manual is pretty useless in this regard. Anyone else have similar problems with the flashing odo or voice commands?

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:41 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
This type of crap convinces me to drive my old cars till the day I die!! THANKS for convincing me!
Sorry, do you have a Lemon Law in your State?
Give me another one or I'm suing! That would be my next line at the dealer if I had to show up. You paid a "SLoad" of money for this car.
There should be NO POSTS or Worries.
ALFA should stand by their product or their integrity is gone.
Your time is worth money and taking it back and forth to get it fixed, it's wasting yours.
alfajp likes this.

AlfasRule!

1972 Montreal (The Pumpkin)
1975 Alfetta Sedan
1975 Alfetta Coupe Race Car
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
1987 Milano (Da NEW Winta Beata)
1987 Milano Verde(Da kREDden Mobile)

Last edited by alfasrule; 02-28-2017 at 01:46 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:58 AM

On the Giulia forum, there is talk of problems with the HK amp. Perhaps this is related?

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfourza View Post
I've had a '17 Giulia TI with HK sound system for 1 month now. The Nav wasn't working out of the box, and was replaced by the dealer. Now the Nav works, but the odometer is flashing, indicating a problem with the car electronic system. Alfa sent a tech down but he couldn't diagnose it.

Also, I can't get the nav to respond to most of the voice commands, and can't figure out how to set the nav commands that aren't controlled by the rotary knob, such as the 2D vs 3D display. The Owner's Manual is pretty useless in this regard. Anyone else have similar problems with the flashing odo or voice commands?

Don
I've had no issues with the Nav on mine got back in January...though it did throw a CEL...at dealer now..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Let me know if they find the cause of your CEL. My dealer (and Alfa USA) are (presumably) still trying to find the cause of mine, which started when they replaced the radio/nav. Do you have the HK sound system?
Don
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Giulia CEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDriver View Post
I've had no issues with the Nav on mine got back in January...though it did throw a CEL...at dealer now..
Have they found the cause of your CEL yet? Still waiting for a resolution of mine.
Don

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode