2017 Giulia Sightings (in the wild) - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

2017 Giulia Sightings (in the wild)

I saw my first "in-the-wild" 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia today. We were driving on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) in Malibu and a red Giulia was head the other way. It was glorious. I couldn't believe my eyes. Red, not sure which of the three reds. The big V grill with the partial chrome and the four doors.

I've seen Giulias at car shows and the dealer, but never just driving down the road in the wild. Now I have.
Vsix and PhilBoncer like this.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 03:15 PM

Saw one this morning pass me by. Red like the Super bowl commercial. I think it was a ti.

Dave
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Saw this Giulia yesterday while driving in the rain.
Max Pershyn likes this.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Saw a blue Giulia going the other way today. I started waving and the other driver finally realized I was waving at her and that I was driving an Alfa too. Then she frantically wave back. If you're reading this (other driver), we were on Braddock near Inglewood.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

Don't know when I will see a Giulia on the road in this area. Haven't even seen a 4C on the road yet in all the time they've been out in my daily driving, even in the high priced tech areas (lots of Teslas, though).

Seeing lots of ads now, and in today's drive, met a fellow who had owned a 91 164, and was planning on buying one of the Base or TI Giulias.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
Don't know when I will see a Giulia on the road in this area. Haven't even seen a 4C on the road yet in all the time they've been out in my daily driving, even in the high priced tech areas (lots of Teslas, though).

Seeing lots of ads now, and in today's drive, met a fellow who had owned a 91 164, and was planning on buying one of the Base or TI Giulias.
I see you're in Seattle. We drove our 4C to Seattle two summers ago. How is it you didn't see us?

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 10:31 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

You probably drove through too fast. Nah, the traffic is sooo bad here, I don't actually believe you made it this far, lol. If you did, you passed within a mile of our house west of I-5 near the airport. Should have stopped in, wink, wink, as Richard2 does once in a while.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Bored Member
Gold Subscriber

Garage
It's very strange for me here in Italy. I've seen one 4c out and about and that was at an Alfa event many months ago. I am just now seeing the Giulia on the road. I've seen 2. One had the dealer markings plastered all over the sides of it and the other was some guys "car". Alfas are just cars here it seems. I'm pulling Rossa out for a bath today and plan to drive over to the mega dealer and have a look at the new one. I don't care for it but owe it to myself to have a look and sit in one. Maybe but doubtful, drive one. Anyway, I see more 146 and the Giulietta than anything else. I hardly ever see a Spider. A few Brera models - a gorgeous car - and the GT from time to time. ciao, jc

Maintaining my tenuous strain on reality.
89 164 2l Twin Spark, 2011 Tonka Dump

Recently added: an 89 75 (Milano) 1.6 litre w/44K on the klok.

Past loves:
79 Alfetta GTV w/Spica, my 1st Alfa

An 88 Graduate. Not really love but interesting nonetheless.

A 68 BMW 1602 - man do I regret letting that one go!

79 Scirroco, ex plowed into an illegally parked house with it...
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
You probably drove through too fast. Nah, the traffic is sooo bad here, I don't actually believe you made it this far, lol. If you did, you passed within a mile of our house west of I-5 near the airport. Should have stopped in, wink, wink, as Richard2 does once in a while.
Oh, sorry, I try to avoid airports. Had I have known you were expecting use, I would have planned my route differently. lol

We did drive though Port Angeles where we stopped at the waters edge. I looked across the water and saw Canada. I waved to all the Canadian forum members, but not one of them waved back. My feelings were ... crushed. So we drove away. It's amazing what a five minute drive in the 4C will do for one's feelings

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc96 View Post
It's very strange for me here in Italy. I've seen one 4c out and about and that was at an Alfa event many months ago. I am just now seeing the Giulia on the road. I've seen 2. One had the dealer markings plastered all over the sides of it and the other was some guys "car". Alfas are just cars here it seems. I'm pulling Rossa out for a bath today and plan to drive over to the mega dealer and have a look at the new one. I don't care for it but owe it to myself to have a look and sit in one. Maybe but doubtful, drive one. Anyway, I see more 146 and the Giulietta than anything else. I hardly ever see a Spider. A few Brera models - a gorgeous car - and the GT from time to time. ciao, jc
The excitement here in America is that it's been 20 (almost 30) years since a new Alfa Romeo has been imported. Even seeing an older Alfa is rare now. It seems to me that seeing an Alfa in Italy would be common place, kind of like seeing a Chevy is here. But you're not the first Italian who's said that Alfa Romeos are not a regular sighting.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:14 AM
Bored Member
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Took Rossa out as planned and went by 2 large dealers. Both closed and no new Alfas in sight. We did see a nice 308? Ferrari being driven over near the base. It has been a beautiful day so I'm guessing he was doing the same as we were. I guess we did 100km or so. Did see a tricked out MiTo on what we call the Mountain Hiway. Pretty stretch of road that runs along the base of the mountains. Funny, there are no foothills to speak of. Flat as a board from Venice up here then mountains. Ciao, chris

Past loves:

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 AM

Will be in Venice next week...I'll see if they let me check the Alfa in baggage :-)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Bored Member
Gold Subscriber

Garage
LOL, you can rent new Alfa's from the airport. Venice is maybe 45 mins by car from here. Very nice this time of year. If you are sightseeing, brace for wind and watch your wallet/purses as there is a huge pick pocket problem there. Surprisingly it s kids doing it and they're quite good. Have fun, ciao, chris sorry, turn your screen 90 degrees
Attached Images

MDriver likes this.

Past loves:

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc96 View Post
LOL, you can rent new Alfa's from the airport. Venice is maybe 45 mins by car from here. Very nice this time of year. If you are sightseeing, brace for wind and watch your wallet/purses as there is a huge pick pocket problem there. Surprisingly it s kids doing it and they're quite good. Have fun, ciao, chris sorry, turn your screen 90 degrees
thank you for the advice...no car needed though...will stay put in Venice for a week...enjoy Carnevale and relax...
sorry for the thread highjack!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Saw a red Giulia tonight on I-405 near Wilshire. Had the sport pack. I waved, but no response from the driver. Windows were tinted so dark I couldn't see inside.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode