Giulia TI - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:38 PM

Took delivery of TI in Montecarlo blue Feb 20. Still can't believe I own a NEW Alfa.

Last edited by Alfa71; 03-15-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

Sounds very nice. Will have to test drive one of these things I guess. Color not bad either, maybe a little bright, but what the heck (I remember when the Merkurs came out years ago, they had an electric blue color. Zowee, that burned your eyes).

I would prefer either a lighter softer metallic blue, or a darker one. The Giulietta we rented in Italy was painted a dark metallic reddish black. Very nice. Might have been the Vulcano Metallic Black. In sunlight it had a brown or reddish hint to it in some angles. We really liked it.

Out of curiosity, where/how are owners mounting the front plate if required?

Right now, the state and county we are in now has car tab charges and tax that add up to at least 20%, meaning that it makes us back off from buying a new car. At our age, the cars we have will most likely have to do.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6

Last edited by Del; 03-14-2017 at 09:59 PM.
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:18 AM

Good question Del re: front license plate.

I reached out to Joe and Co at Centerline yesterday to see if they had any leads as yet.

I guess I could do what I've been doing with my Spider over the past 20 years .... leave the front plate in that hard to reach box in the back of the garage.

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:54 AM

I looked at a white TI two Saturdays ago in Albuquerque. I think it was the third one that the dealer received, and the salesman said the other two had sold the day they arrived. From what I saw (and I had no time to drive it), I would prefer the TI to the other similar sedans currently available - but I still need to drive one, of course.

One thing that I found a bit irritating was the $4k "premium" added to the price. The salesman said that amount was generous, since "back east" they were adding $10k. Anyone else experienced this? If so, I can wait until the hype dies down. Jim
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:13 AM

My wife and I visited the dealership in Nashville a few Saturdays ago. They had two base and two Ti models in stock. It was past closing time when we got there but they were still staffed and quickly showed us the cars as they locked up. There was no mention of any markup. They did indocate they were custom ordering cars for customers.

My wife would already have a Ti if they had been readily available in December 2016. Tax avoidance reasons necessitated a purchase before the end of the year. Instead, she got a heavily discounted 2016 Jaguar XF. It's a nice car but for whatever reason she hasn't really warmed up to it.

If the Nashville Alfa Romeo dealer had not been closing when we visited, I am pretty sure she would have made the financially insane decision that afternoon to trade the XF for an in-stock Ti in Monte Carlo blue (unbeknownst to me she had the XF title with her!). Fortunately, we live 200 miles or so away from the dealership. otoh, I am trying to leverage her fondness for the Giulia into approval for getting a Quadrifoglio, but they are so expensive.
PhilBoncer likes this.

Last edited by bluetick; 03-15-2017 at 01:22 PM.
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965 Sprint GT View Post
I looked at a white TI two Saturdays ago in Albuquerque. I think it was the third one that the dealer received, and the salesman said the other two had sold the day they arrived. From what I saw (and I had no time to drive it), I would prefer the TI to the other similar sedans currently available - but I still need to drive one, of course.

One thing that I found a bit irritating was the $4k "premium" added to the price. The salesman said that amount was generous, since "back east" they were adding $10k. Anyone else experienced this? If so, I can wait until the hype dies down. Jim
By $10k premium, he must be referring to the Quadrifoglio. I find it hard to believe people are buying the 2.0T with that kind of mark up. From what I heard most Ti's are sold MSRP, some even managed to get $1k off.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptwei View Post
By $10k premium, he must be referring to the Quadrifoglio. I find it hard to believe people are buying the 2.0T with that kind of mark up. From what I heard most Ti's are sold MSRP, some even managed to get $1k off.
No, it was not the Quadrifoglio. He said they were supposed to receive one of those "any day, now". The car I looked at was priced around $45k including the premium, and he was really proud of only charging the $4k. He insisted that the additional money was a common thing, so I wondered if the additional gouging was truly nation-wide - or if I now have a good calibration point on that dealer...

Last edited by 1965 Sprint GT; 03-15-2017 at 12:25 PM.
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Gold Subscriber

Look at ebay. There are several new Giulias listed by different dealers at or near MSRP

johnalfa

1994 LS Auto 84K
Euro Headlights
Goats LCD
156 Wheels

Previously Owned: 76 Alfetta GT,81 Spider,88 Milano,89 Spider
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post

Out of curiosity, where/how are owners mounting the front plate if required?
Happened to see this on the Centerline site the other day. Seems like a good solution for mounting the front plate:

https://www.centerlinealfa.com/catal...e-mount-giulia
Sketchl likes this.

Jim McDonald
Minneapolis, MN
'74 Spider
'70 Giulia 1300TI
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:54 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
That might work on the 4C also, and my SZ?
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
That might work on the 4C also, and my SZ?
Should work, Bruce, if the tow hooks are standard size and pitch. My guess is they would be for the 4C but may have changed since your SZ was produced. Might be worth a call to the CL team. Cheers.
Anfanuts likes this.

Jim McDonald
Minneapolis, MN
'74 Spider
'70 Giulia 1300TI
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Del
Gold Subscriber

Looks like it works well, but is pretty darn expensive. Could make one for much much less I guess.

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa71 View Post
Good question Del re: front license plate.

I reached out to Joe and Co at Centerline yesterday to see if they had any leads as yet.

I guess I could do what I've been doing with my Spider over the past 20 years .... leave the front plate in that hard to reach box in the back of the garage.
If you don't have a front plate you will most definitely start racking up tickets in Denver.

Jason Arrington
1989 Spider driver
1974 Spider restoration project
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
Looks like it works well, but is pretty darn expensive. Could make one for much much less I guess.
That tends to be the going rate for these. I had one made by US Millworks in Seattle on my Golf R and it was about $100 as I recall. I know they are available for the 4C; I posted a link to it in the 4C forum a while ago.

- Craig
'78 Sport Sedan, '87 Milano Verde
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:58 PM

Alfa 9 Supply has a similar front plate mount to fit the 4C and Giulia. Two separate kits. Price about the same as Centerline.

I have Alfa 9's kit on my 4C and like it a lot. Will probably put their Giulia kit on my Ti when the time is right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode