7 Giulia Ti's for sale in Edmond, OK - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchl View Post
Some riducuous comparisons been made here!!! The standard Giulia should be compared to standard BMW/Audi models (same price bracket).

Giulia2017 (?????) is comparing his usual Maserati and TT rides to a standard Giulia, great comparison mate as you're a real joker...
I was not "comparing" them. I was saying maybe I was disappointed because I was accustomed to something different. Name calling is not necessary.
It would "compare" badly to either a BMW or an Audi

Last edited by Giulia2017; 02-09-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulia2017 View Post
It would "compare" badly to either a BMW or an Audi
There you go again...........a 10 post AlfaBB forum contributor who know it all from his fingers tips.........are you sure you don't work for Audi or BMW?

Give up the name as you don't deserve it. Joker....

1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - slightly modified!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchl View Post
There you go again...........a 10 post AlfaBB forum contributor who know it all from his fingers tips.........are you sure you don't work for Audi or BMW?

Give up the name as you don't deserve it. Joker....
Your rudeness is surprising.
I have owned several Alfa in the past and was on this Forum (gold member) for several years. I have not been an owner for a couple of years.
I rejoined when I thought I was buying a Giulia and wanted to see other members experiences.

I have driven the new Giulia, I have driven Audis and BMWs, I am capable and competent enough to judge them and express my opinion.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulia2017 View Post
Drove the base model, RWD, sport package. Power was lacking, could not hear engine at all in the cabin, too tame. Car shifted when it wanted to, not driven by the paddles.
I found it boring and no longer have an interest (after years of anticipation). Im certain the Quad is up to par but at $85 large, better choice may be out there.
Body style is appealing, interior is OK but more Jaguar than Italian. The D-N-A knob is a joke, suspension does not change, a gimmick IMO.

Ti is trim/cosmetic differences only, nothing to do with performance

Del - I suspect you won't be looking at these for another 20 years anyway
I drove a Ti with paddles, in Dynamic mode. Put about ten miles on it. Very nice. The power is there, nice, smooth. Felt very planted. Yes, it's too quite for me, but that's how most sedan owners want it. It doesn't have the power of the Quad I drove, nor does it compare to my 4C.

Hitting on a few posts after and including this...
There is a Ti Performance Package available for the Ti only. It has paddle shifters, active suspension and a real LSD, not the electronic Q2. This package does not conflict with any other package nor is it dependent upon any other package. It is however, only available with the Ti (I said that twice).

The NA Giulia has 280 HP. There is a Euro spec Giulia Veloce with 350 hp or so. I doubt it will find it's way to the US. But, it shouldn't take long for the aftermarket support companies to build a 350hp package. This would probably include an ECU clone, intake & exhaust to hit the 350 mark.

RaceráZ ... 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
2017 Alfa Romeo Ti Q2
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:13 PM

So I thought I would chime in here as we are considering a Giulia Ti AWD
the Ti is squarely aimed at the 2016 BMW 330 sedan....NOT the 340 NOR the 320..just to be clear
from a power perspective the BMW gives up 32hp (248 vs. 280) and they are both 4 bangers...
as an aside the BMW number designations used to mean something...the 330 is a 2.0 4 cylinder...now just misnomer marketing.

base prices for the AWD versions are similar with the Alfa being a bit higher...BUT..more equipped.
ie: no leather in a 330 (sensa-tec)....
at the end of the day it will come down to 2 factors: A: driving dynamics...which car just feels better to each person...
B: Alfa dealers & cars reliability and service.

IMHO BMW already sits on top of point#2....Alfa has much to do to shake the rep from many years ago.

this is my first Alfa...so I am taking the plunge and so far so good from a car perspective & dealer perspective.
I still have 6 BMW's so I think I'm a fair judge :-)
FFdales73 and PhilBoncer like this.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Giulia Veloce

Just did a drive-by lusting on the alfaromeo.it website and I discovered that Alfa is offering a Giulia Veloce model.

I may be the last person to discover this, but I thought it was the appropriate thing to do.

When was the last time Alfa offered a Veloce coupe or sedan?

http://www.alfaromeo.it/alfa-news/20...ce-su-ghiaccio

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

Hmm, looking better? I wonder what the price will be on that one. Probably ~$55-60K?

Del

Seattle

89 Milano (wife's daily driver since 1989, Shankle Sport)
91 164S (my daily driver since 1994)
94 164LS (~Q) (trip Alfa since 2000)
72 Morgan 27 (water time since 1976)

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode