Special Order Giulia Ti - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Talking Special Order Giulia Ti

(moderator: when a non-Giulia Quadrifoglio section opens up, you can move this into a more appropriate section)

Today I special ordered a 2017 Giulia Ti. My dealer wasn't (still isn't) even sure if they could.

I've reviewed their list of almost 40 Giulias that FCA told them they have to accept, without giving my dealer a choice of cars and options. Not one car on this list met what we thought we might like.

We don't even need a sedan and we're not replacing any existing cars. So, if we can't get exactly what we want, there's no point in buying. We test drove a Ti a few days ago and fell in love. My wife and I both drove it, I put about ten miles on it. I also was allowed to take a Quadrifoglio around the block prior to this. The Giulia is well planted to the road with very nice acceleration. Firm yet compliant without wallowing.

We're in no hurry to get it and currently don't even have off-street parking for more than one car. My 4C is privileged and gets parked off-street, out-of-doors, but off-street. Dealer thinks it's four months away. We are talking about Alfa Romeo of Italy who's motto is, "You want it when?"

As I mentioned, the dealer wasn't sure if the options I wanted were available together as some of the packages had conflicting parts. They hadn't tried to special order a Giulia yet and didn't know if that was even possible. Together we reviewed the options using dealer information and found a way to get exactly what we wanted. The computer program accepted our order and time will tell what really happens.

Our Giulia Ti order is:

2017 Guilia Ti RWD (North American spec)
Montecarlo Blue Metallic

Lusso Interior which includes:
- Beige leather seats
- Light walnut real wood trim

Ti Performance Package:
- Limited Slip Differential
- Paddle Shifters
- Active Suspension
- Black calipers with white lettering

Upgraded Harmon Kardon Premium Sound System
- 14 speakers
- SatNav and blue tooth (I think this is a separate option)

Driver Assist Static Package only because it includes auto-dimming side mirrors

The Ti includes heated seats as standard so I excluded the Cold Weather Package that included a block heater. It doesn't get cold enough here to need it.

Excluded the sun roof.

Excluded Driver Assist Dynamic package which includes nannies to tell you if you're swerving out of your lane or tailgating. We are both better drivers than that.

Because we wanted the wood trim and beige seats (Luxury Package), there are two other performance packages not allowed. One is an exterior trim package and the other is an interior trim package. The exterior isn't much different looking than the standard and until it was pointed out to me, I didn't even notice it. Just show car bling. The interior trim includes aluminum trim (instead of wood) and paddle shifters. We wanted wood, not aluminum trim.

MSRP is $47,840

Racer Z
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Gold Subscriber

That sounds perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STILL learning.

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona
post #3 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 07:05 PM

Garage
Good color combo. Is that the very dark blue?

Mike
1967 1600 Spider

post #4 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Good color combo. Is that the very dark blue?
Not very dark. Medium dark. A bit darker than what might be a regular blue. The have a few of the Montycarlo Blue with Cream seats in stock. I should get a few pictures tomorrow. But none have the options as we (well me mostly) want.

I took this the day the Giulias arrived almost a week ago. On Jan 24. It was overcast. The foreground Giulia is Alfa Rosso. The mid-ground Giulia is Competition Red. The far-ground is Montycarlo Blue. It was overcast and ready to rain. Even to my eye, both reds looked the same. Alfa Rosso is a dark red with lots of blue in it. Competition Red is bright like a candy red. When I went back on Friday for a test drive, the blue didn't look as dark as it does in this picture.

Racer Z
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #5 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 10:43 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Sounds perfect, but make mine AWD please.
Cintos likes this.
post #6 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:27 PM

Garage
What, no stickshift either!

George
64 TI (the violin), 87 911 Carrera coupe, 89 Peugeot 505 Turbo Wagon
post #7 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
Our Giulia Ti order is:

2017 Guilia Ti RWD (North American spec)
Montecarlo Blue Metallic

Lusso Interior which includes:
- Beige leather seats
- Light walnut real wood trim

Ti Performance Package:
- Limited Slip Differential
- Paddle Shifters
- Active Suspension
- Black calipers with white lettering

Upgraded Harmon Kardon Premium Sound System
- 14 speakers
- SatNav and blue tooth (I think this is a separate option)
The interior and exterior is a good match for our Dutch Blue GTV. That is pretty much the way I would order it.
post #8 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:55 PM

I love the misano blue highly recommend that if possible! 2nd Fav Color!

Ive spent most of my life racing... The rest I just wasted
post #9 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 12:58 PM

my dealer just got in 7 today...if he has your wish list I'll drive it out to you
kanundrum likes this.
post #10 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganunez View Post
What, no stickshift either!
No stick. Not available in the States currently. Since my wife and I are sharing the car, it needs to be auto anyway. This automatic in manual valve body mode works well with paddle actually. No, it's not the same as a four-on-the-floor, and it's not the same as the dual clutch in my 4C, but I'm not complaining either. It's a well executed transmission.
kanundrum likes this.

Racer Z
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #11 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 07:50 AM

As Mick Jagger sang, "You can't always get what you want." But I hope this time you do. Will be interesting to see if Alfa can actually provide a special-order car as requested.

Dave Spiegelthal, Centreville, VA
'91 164S, '79 Alfetta GT, '85 Fiat X1/9, '71 Fiat 850 Spider
post #12 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Gold Subscriber

They have 1QV and 6 Guilia if various trim levels here in Sacramento. Going over next Tuesday with another Alfisti to ogle and perhaps drive.

STILL learning.

post #13 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpieg View Post
As Mick Jagger sang, "You Kaint always get what you want." But I hope this time you do. Will be interesting to see if Alfa can actually provide a special-order car as requested.
Do you remember when you were a kid and your older neighbor the 35 yr old car guy went down to the dealer and sat down with the order sheet and built his new Camaro? Me neither! But you could pick the engine, the trans, the color, the trim package, the vinyl top, the rally sport wheels, the "sport" seats, the drag race engine, the delete AC and radio, the whole bit. Any way you wanted it, as long as it wasn't black (sorry Henry). It would show up in a few weeks.

Mike
1967 1600 Spider
post #14 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Gold Subscriber

Some times you have to wait for what you want.

When the MINI came back, I waited a year so that I could spec the car I wanted.

Probably will be the same here.

STILL learning.

post #15 of 156 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Do you remember when you were a kid and your older neighbor the 35 yr old car guy went down to the dealer and sat down with the order sheet and built his new Camaro? Me neither! But you could pick the engine, the trans, the color, the trim package, the vinyl top, the rally sport wheels, the "sport" seats, the drag race engine, the delete AC and radio, the whole bit. Any way you wanted it, as long as it wasn't black (sorry Henry). It would show up in a few weeks.
sadly I'm old enough to remember COPO cars....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode