Special Order Giulia Ti - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivace View Post
Do you remember when you were a kid and your older neighbor the 35 yr old car guy went down to the dealer and sat down with the order sheet and built his new Camaro? Me neither! But you could pick the engine, the trans, the color, the trim package, the vinyl top, the rally sport wheels, the "sport" seats, the drag race engine, the delete AC and radio, the whole bit. Any way you wanted it, as long as it wasn't black (sorry Henry). It would show up in a few weeks.
Yes, but also that's part of what drove GM to ruin and unprofitability. In the '60's, you could order an Impala in more different option configurations than there are grains of sand on a large beach. That's not a model for efficient mass production anymore.

PhilB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 12:09 PM

I noticed that the Giulia/Giulia Ti configurators are now live.
post #18 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by more cowbell View Post
I noticed that the Giulia/Giulia Ti configurators are now live.
You made me go look. It's up, but hard to find. The button/link isn't where it should be.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

post #19 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM

Garage
So I went and built one!
TI. That deep dark maroon red from the 20s / 30s race cars. 19" sport package with the 5-hole wheels. I wanted the glass panoramic roof but it conflicted with some option package, so I went backwards and then it went through with the 19" sport package. It keeps cancelling my tan interior trim however. The wood dash cancels the sport package - that's only Lusso apparently. Sport seats. Block heater for Montana.

$45,000.

Name:  iris.jpeg
Views: 380
Size:  26.9 KB

Name:  iris-1.jpeg
Views: 394
Size:  27.6 KB

Mike
1967 1600 Spider
post #20 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
So I went and built one!
TI. That deep dark maroon red from the 20s / 30s race cars. 19" sport package with the 5-hole wheels. I wanted the glass panoramic roof but it conflicted with some option package, so I went backwards and then it went through with the 19" sport package. It keeps cancelling my tan interior trim however. The wood dash cancels the sport package - that's only Lusso apparently. Sport seats. Block heater for Montana.

$45,000.
Correct. The wood trim is part of the Lusso package. The Lusso package conflicts with the Performance package. There is a mechanical performance package that does not conflict with Lusso. It includes LSD, active suspension and paddle shifters, but none of the cosmetic performance parts. You may not be able to select the 19 inch wheels, but those are easy to change after-the-fact. I'll probably buy or trade to get the black teledial wheels.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #21 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
get the black teledial wheels.
Oh, these 19s are not the Quad wheels with holes, are they, ahh..

Is that the proper name for the Quad wheels?

Mike
1967 1600 Spider
post #22 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:

The only 19" wheels available on either Ti or QV are the 5 hole (teledial) wheels. The configurator on US Alfa site won't show this properly, it shows the 18" sport wheels. For some reason it's also not showing the sport package correctly (window trim should be black, front/rear bumpers are different too).
post #23 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Sport seats not very sporty. Sort of like the seats in the 164S. You have to go with the Quad to have the option to buy Sparco sport seats. So hard to match the real Recaro sport seats in my 164LS.
post #24 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

On the Alfa website, they simply call it "5 hole wheel". The term "Teledial" is a pet name the early 4C owners started using. It comes from the old rotary dial telephones. Tele-dial. I'm both, an early 4C adopter and old enough to fondly remember the rotary dial phones.

The 4C has 5 hole Teledials in dark black or shiny aluminum. (17, 18 & 19 inch).

There is a slight design difference between the 4C and Giulia Teledials.

There's a 7 hole, 17 inch Teledial for the base Giulia.
The 5 hole, 19 inch Teledial is available for the Ti and Quad. This comes in 8, 8.5, 9 & 10 inch widths.
There's a bright black (light black) and a dark black version.

Wheels are dependent upon several packages. I might be purchasing Teledials after the fact as my package choices don't allow for Teledials. Wheels are an easy change later.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #25 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexCars View Post
Sport seats not very sporty. Sort of like the seats in the 164S. You have to go with the Quad to have the option to buy Sparco sport seats. So hard to match the real Recaro sport seats in my 164LS.
are you referring to the Sports Seats in the Ti Giulia?
because the regular seats in the QV (Not the CF Sparcos) are very comfortable and form fitting...not as raw as the Sparco.
post #26 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Yes. Haven't sat in a QF.
post #27 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:02 PM

I test drove and "built" a new Guilia Ti AWD, today. We (my wife) visited a Maserati / Alfa dealership that had 6 Base / Ti's, and a Quad. The Quad was sold and was not available to test drive. All were 4wd, which is what we wanted. Good, even, tractable power and a very sweet paddle shift transmission with a very nice auto mode, as well. None of their cars had (but we built-in) the Ti (only?) Performance Package that includes active suspension and a limited slip differential, the Harmon Kardon premium sound, and the High Performance Bi Xenon Headlamps. We included the Ti Lusso package, Driver Assisted Static Package, and the Forward Collision Warning with autonomous braking. Total $49,190. One could easily get it up over $50K. What blew my mind, and might kill the deal, is the warranty. Stated, it is "Basic-48 months/50,000 miles and Powertrain-48 months/50,000 miles". I asked the rep if Basic meant bumper-to-bumper. Answer, NO. I replied, "so there are items that have no warranty?" She replied Yes. I asked what were those items, and she replied that they did not have that list, yet. When pressed she said items like the "radio-sound system". ***!!! Does anyone have any more info about this? Are there other manufactures that do this as well? Very concerned about this...

ALFA ANDY
post #28 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:13 PM

Well, I did some investigating, and it appears that my sales rep was INCORRECT. I went to the Alfa Romeo USA web site and viewed the warranty pdf:
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content...rranty-2nd.pdf
There is more detail there, than I am about to provide, but in a nut-shell it states:
12 month / 12,000 miles: Brake pads and rotors, clutch(?), wipers, F&R glass, alignment and tire balancing
48 / 50,000: "Basic" warranty (seems to state that it is everything with the exception of the above, AND the tires)
48 / 50,000: Powertrain
92 / 80,000: Catalytic converter and powertrain control module
Unlimited / 60,000: Rust-through
Feeling much better now.

ALFA ANDY
post #29 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylarry View Post
I test drove and "built" a new Guilia Ti AWD, today. We (my wife) visited a Maserati / Alfa dealership that had 6 Base / Ti's, and a Quad. The Quad was sold and was not available to test drive. All were 4wd, which is what we wanted. Good, even, tractable power and a very sweet paddle shift transmission with a very nice auto mode, as well. None of their cars had (but we built-in) the Ti (only?) Performance Package that includes active suspension and a limited slip differential, the Harmon Kardon premium sound, and the High Performance Bi Xenon Headlamps. We included the Ti Lusso package, Driver Assisted Static Package, and the Forward Collision Warning with autonomous braking. Total $49,190. One could easily get it up over $50K. What blew my mind, and might kill the deal, is the warranty. Stated, it is "Basic-48 months/50,000 miles and Powertrain-48 months/50,000 miles". I asked the rep if Basic meant bumper-to-bumper. Answer, NO. I replied, "so there are items that have no warranty?" She replied Yes. I asked what were those items, and she replied that they did not have that list, yet. When pressed she said items like the "radio-sound system". ***!!! Does anyone have any more info about this? Are there other manufactures that do this as well? Very concerned about this...
The Ti Performance Package is only available for the Ti. Includes active suspension and a limited slip differential and paddle shifters. The Quad probably has it's own version as standard. The base is exactly that, basic.

The basic warranty covers the entire car. Then, certain areas have an extended warranty.

You should ask about a special extended warranty. It will cost you extra. My wife got a "life time" with here Fiat 500. There are eight and ten year versions available. If your dealer has know knowledge, call another dealer, they should know and offer because they get commission if they sell it to you.

RaceráZ
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
post #30 of 145 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Z View Post
The term "Teledial" is a pet name the early 4C owners started using. It comes from the old rotary dial telephones. Tele-dial. I'm both, an early 4C adopter and old enough to fondly remember the rotary dial phones.
Here in the rest of the world we've been calling these (QV) wheels teledials since the beginning of time... At least thirty years for me, and I picked it up from somebody else

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial"]'66 1600 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GTJunior (going, going, ...couldn't do it, kept it)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver, B6, GTA tele's, 330Brembos)[/FONT][/SIZE]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode