Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Dyno in Los Angeles

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Jusdrivit 
#1 ·
I am looking for a shop in Los Angeles that either has an engine dyno or a chassis dyno and can tune a weber carbureted Alfa 2L motor.
Thanks,
Mark

#4 ·
Dyno in LA

Thanks Gatso7!,
I will give them a call. I just visited the car last week and am having the shop (Alfa Italia), install a fitting for a AFR sensor.
There has been a hiccup with the head work that I am trying to iron out, so that has put a big delay in my schedule.
I did talk to Anthony Santos and he recommended Ed Pink Race Engines. I spoke to them and they do not have the necessary adaptors to mount a Alfa Motor on their dyno.
After talking to a lot of people in the business, It looks like a rolling road dyno is more the more likely option.
Aloha,
Mark

#9 ·
I talked to Harry Khodanian at HK Motorsports today. His shop has a chassis dyno and he was very accommodating in suggesting that I could use his dyno and bring my mechanic and weber parts kit to set the carbs up. He quoted the 1st hour at $175 and $125/hr after that with a max of $650 for the day. Seems reasonable. Do anyone have any experience with this shop?
Aloha,
Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.