Need advice: Camshaft recommendation for 2.0 1974 GTV with Spica injection - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 PM

Need advice: Camshaft recommendation for 2.0 1974 GTV with Spica injection

Hello,

I'm having my 2.0 engine rebuilt for my 1974 GTV and would like advice/recommendation regarding a camshaft upgrade.

This is a STREET car and not a race or track day car. I would like to enhance performance on the street yet maintain driveability.

I plan to keep the Spica fuel injection system but have an expert rebuild and tune to match new cam.

Please advise on your experience.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Richard Jemison
Platinum Subscriber

Camshafts

If you will send me an email I will send you full profile info of my cams designed for high torque and improved HP on Fuel injected engines.

I have designs including VVT applications with modified mechanical (VVT) units that advance at 2500-2750 RPM that can provide seamless torque /HP improvement from 1500 RPM through Redline or higher, depending on fuel availability from your FI system.
Rj
"you don`t have to listen, but you won`t win the argument"!
"Nothing that I might suggest will be legal in California"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 AM

I have Shankle 7L cams for In/Ex on my '74 2.0

They are nice down low in traffic and also give the car extra wind up high. Shankle is around no longer but you should be able to find a used pair or see if Alfa Ricambi has a set, as they bought Shankle's stock. Should be relatively inexpensive too.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Alfa Euro "105.48" cams are old-tech and mild, but an easy, cheap upgrade compared to 105.20 or other US cams, that makes the car stronger everywhere by maybe 5%. Doesn't change its character, and works great with Spica.
Andrew
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.