Hayabusa V8... - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-20-2006, 06:05 PM

Hayabusa V8...

Hello all,

Thought I would drop this in all of your laps to think about...

A V8 engine based on two Hayabusa engines. It is a reality and currently being tested. I have included some pictures... Imagine this in your Giulia...

This information comes from:

www.dpcars.net

He is designing his own race car currently and this is the engine he plans on using for final production. He has a link of it running in the car and the sound, but I will not link to his site like that.

Enjoy

James Hochmuth
1970 GTJr
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2006, 08:50 PM

wow...what a neat idea. i have seen a few light weight race cars running just the single inline four busa engine and they really fly. i wonder how money has been poured into it....casting a new block and crank etc etc cant be cheap!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:08 PM

I've heard of racing engineers building V8's from Yamaha and Ducati engines like this too. Usually utilising heads, pistons, rods, etc. I'm sure its a good way of producing a screaming hi-power 2L compact V8 if you have enough money!

~Benjamin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Just had a look at the car he is building ... talk about laterial thinking, very different and strange.

Must have lots of money ...
Pete
Old 06-21-2006, 05:45 AM

Many years ago, Moto Guzzi built a 500 cc v8 for their race bikes, dual cam, 4 valve per cylinder, 2 carbs per cylinder and supposedly 150 hp. The only problem was that the torque curve wasw only from 17000 to 17500 rpm and they ran out of places to put gears in the transmission at a 9 speed. they went back to the old 500 single with the horizontal piston.
that looks like very nice work on the car and engine.
cliff
Old 06-23-2006, 08:21 AM

Radical already built a car "Radical SR8" (and runs a racing series) with this kind of engine:

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/range/sr8/sr8.php

Thomas
Old 06-25-2006, 05:45 AM

the engine was designed around its use in the Radical... the Radical is the daddy if you like! p.s. got invited to have a test in one when it was a late prototype... OMG.... serious piece of kit, we spent the day playing with camber and castor, much fun! So fast... down the straights my slightly aerodynamically designed helmet with a small bib on the front was not aerodynamic enough and started trying to pull off my head... now thats what I call fast!

1966 2.0 Sprint GT race car, 1967 T/S GTA Replica, 1965 FIA App.K 1600 GTA, 1965 1600 GTA Stradale RHD, 1965 1600 GTA Stradale LHD, 1966 1600 Giulia GTC, 1991 S4 Spider, 1967 1600 Duetto, 1999 2.0 916GTV (soon to be sold!) and now replaced with 2002 3.0 V6 24v 916 GTV
Old 06-30-2006, 06:39 AM

The RST V8 has the same concept. Probably ready for sale:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/?storyId=9981
Old 06-30-2006, 07:39 AM

That engine I know as well, and it is more expensive... $30,000 + if I am not mistaken...

James
1970 GTJr
Old 07-21-2006, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc
That engine I know as well, and it is more expensive... $30,000 + if I am not mistaken...

James
1970 GTJr
From Dennis himself:
"The v8 is being developed by someone else, I'm simply the first customer and test case. Production engines will be available in a couple of months. The cost is US $25K including ECU, injectors, flywheel, alternator, dry sump.
It does not include exhaust, clutch or plumbing, as this is about half the cost of the powertec and RST motors. Power is 375hp @10K, torque 210 lb-ft @6500, weight is about 220 lbs as described above."

Now that's serious power for not much weight!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.