Questions about my TS - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-07-2006, 11:15 AM

Questions about my TS

Hello - about ready to yank out my old motor, so I want the install to happen ASAP b/c the weatehr is so nice....

1) I need a wiring schematic - color wires for install, etc. Is there one online? I have the German manual, but don't speak german

2) I need a cover plate for the front dist. Where can I obtain one?

3) I believe the water pump will accept an old tach. I attached a pic and would appreciate opinions.

w00t

Here's pics....
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatpile
1) I need a wiring schematic
There's manuals in English on my site.

Quote:
I have the German manual, but don't speak german
How's your French? http://alfaimola.free.fr/twinspark/schemas/index.html

Quote:
2) I need a cover plate for the front dist. Where can I obtain one?
Make a flat plate and seal it on. Put it on the rear if you're worried about the look.
[COLOR="Red"]My web sites:[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.users.on.net/~craigf/][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Craig's Place[/COLOR][/URL] & [URL=http://www.users.on.net/~craigf/164_page.htm][COLOR="Orange"]Craig's 164 Place[/COLOR][/URL]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2006, 01:51 PM

on the water pump....

sure you can connect the cable to the pump, but does your front panel have the extension to actually drive the cable?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlinista
sure you can connect the cable to the pump, but does your front panel have the extension to actually drive the cable?
Is that inside the pump? How can I check?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:09 AM

remove the pump, you will see a small copper corkscrew vine that drives the cable. Otherwise a possibility would be to convert your rev counter to electronic, doing away with this stuff, and getting a FAR more accurate reading as well.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Meat pile,
I have an electronic tach from a late spider, I was saving it for my TS project but I think I'm going mechanical. I'd sell it, if you're interested.

To drive the mechanical tach you need the reduction sprocket that is part of the timing chain system. You can get a suitable one from any 2-liter, maybe other engines as well. If you go this route, you'll need to cut it back a little in a lathe to get it to fit proper. Check the description on Jim stecks autocomponenti page describing the swap.

http://www.rattyti.com/
Old 03-08-2006, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono veL.O.ce
Meat pile,
I like the formal break down of my handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono veL.O.ce
you'll need to cut it back a little in a lathe to get it to fit proper. Check the description on Jim stecks autocomponenti page describing the swap.
Lathe. Yep I keep one in the drawer in my kitchen next to all my old cell phone chargers. It's a large drawer.

Just kidding. I contacted the PO and he said it's ready for a mechanical tach.

As for the plate cover for the distributor, anybody know where one can be purchased? Time ( and skills ) are limited. Unfortunate but true.

Hey Sono - this is Christian's old motor. His post/ad got deleted in the great board breakdown in January. I think I saw in the thread you had wanted it.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Yep, I did want it badly, unfortunately I had to back out because I needed to give some money to my daughter. Plus I really need to "trim the fat" around the garage.

Re. Lathes, I actually do have one IN my house, in my garage, and in my workshop. I use them far more than any single kitchen tool, and I like to cook!
Some people are just wierd like that...

Keep us updated.. it looks like you're making fine progress!

http://www.rattyti.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.