Life has been hectic and summer has arrived so I have had little opertunity over the last few weeks to play with the car. I finally got around to finishing the last set of tweaks to my carb setup.
As some of you might have seen in my other posts I had to make a carb support plate for the TS intake manifold and then modify the strut. Was trying to eliminate the effects of the motor vibration and jittery carbs.
I decided, after getting the carb support stuff sorted, to try the longer velocity stacks that came with the webers as opposed to the ones I got with the pipercross filter.
I was draging my feet on getting the Uni filters because I ultimately want to end up with a closed airbox. But after two weeks of not getting to drive the GTV I said enough is enough and ordered the Uni filters from Charlie over at Spruell.
Last night when I got home from work I installed the filters and took her out for a test drive.
WOW what a difference. There seems to be a lot, well noticeable, torque increase through out the power band. I was very impressed with the difference.
No Dyno curves at the moment as I had to get a new phone two days ago and I did not have a chance to configure the app until this morning.
I will post pictures and the curve as soon as possible. If anyone out there is running the stubby trumpets change them now!!