dash pod lights - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-25-2007, 06:14 PM

dash pod lights

put in a new pod and the lights at the top (oil and battery) are normal bright.

the tach has a tiny bit of light and then that is about it?No other light on the pod. The warning lights are all fine?

I checked all the bulbs and they are all good.Could it be one of the four connectors going into the pod is not making good contact? Just not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for any help or expeirience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 07:12 PM
1966-2013

Likely a ground or fuse issue methinks.

As an aside, on those particular monopods, does the reostat dimmer control the cluster lights? (I dunno myslef being a dual pod kinda guy)

If so, mayhaps they are just turned to full dim?
[url=http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/members/ghnl.html][color=darkblue][size=1][b]ghnl's[/size][/b][/color][/url] [url=http://www.hiperformancestore.com/Ljetspider.htm][color=red][size=1][i][b]'82~'89/Series 3 Spider L~jet diagnostic page[/color][/url][/b][/i]
[color=black][i]as hosted by[/i][/color]
[url=http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/members/greg-gordon.html][color=darkblue][b]Greg Gordon's[/color][/url] [url=http://www.hiperformancestore.com/][color=red][i]HI Performance Store[/color][/url][/b][/i][/size] [size=1][b][i]&[/i][/b][/size] [url=http://www.okinjectors.com/][color=red][size=1][b][i]OK Injectors[/i][/b][/size][/color][/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2007, 08:03 PM

I checked the dimmer and it is not it.......

the wring on this thing is just a nightmare.I will get it eventually

I have fixed a few problems but some are just giving me grief.Someone was at the car and did some 'modifications" at some point.

If I take my time I will eventually get there.

I will have to follow the grounds off the conectors and see if I can get them cleaned up.Thanks for your in-put Tifosi
Old 05-26-2007, 02:32 PM

I have the same problem on my 1986 spider quadrifoglio, was told by an alfa repair shop owner to clean the contacts (the wire connection to the cluster) I have not had a chance to do it yet, but that could be the solution.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:36 PM

thanks memyalfa&I...........I will give it a shot.I checked the bulbs in the new cluster and there was a few burnt so I replaced them with some from the old but no help.

I will see if I can get the connectors cleaned.I am getting really fast at taking the thing in and out anyway!

thanks for your input!!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:23 PM

After I posted the previous message I went in the garage and took the cluster out, I then used a toothbrush and some electrical contact cleaner (got it at home depot) and IT WORKED!!!! I do have all the lights except for one I think it may be burned, but sure its nice to drive at night and be able to see the gauges. However my speedometer is still not working, that will be next, the sending unit maybe bad have not check it yet.

Last edited by memyalfa&I; 05-27-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2007, 06:59 PM

hey glad you got it going! I will give it a try.finally got my fuse #10 blowing worked out.I think it might have been something in the cig lighter wiring

changed it to a new frame lighter etc and all works?no fuse blown and i have all my lights now...it may have been something else i did but not sure...just glad it finally works!!

I read a thread here and fixed my speedo.there is a good one with much detail.same thing....contact cleaner and a turn of the adjustment screw,you need ull the speedo right out of the pod....worked for me.

thanks for the info on the lights...i will give it a try
Old 05-27-2007, 07:03 PM

I searched that thread on the speedo fix.....some very good infoi in it and worth a read if you are thinking about giving it a go...

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...peedometer+fix

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.