Hazard Button - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 04-24-2007, 04:59 AM

Hazard Button

Hi everyone,

My 74 GTV 2000 hazard button is not working properly. I need to slip a small piece of paper so it stays in the off position. In order to replace the button do I need to remove the dash. I purchased a new hazard button from International. If I do need to remove dash is this a complicated job, has this been talked about before? Where can I get info and diagrams on how to remove dash?

Thanks for any help.

74 GTV Finally
79 Fiat Spider
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2007, 05:15 AM

No need to remove the dash. Just remove the two screws that hold the gauge cluster in , gently pull the cluster toward you and you'll have enough room to reach in to replace the hazard switch.

1974 GTV
1963 A-H 3000
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Gold Subscriber

Location: Rapid City SD, Black Hills of South Dakota, Queens NY
Send a message via Skype™ to Roadtrip
The switch is relatively easy to disassemble. Mine was doing the same thing and I was able to fix it. Take a picture of the wires attached to the back, though. If you don't, you'll be miffed when you go to put it back in.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 AM

John,
Could you expand on what you found and how you fixed it?
Thanks,
Ed
Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 AM
Gold Subscriber

Location: Rapid City SD, Black Hills of South Dakota, Queens NY
Send a message via Skype™ to Roadtrip
It's been a couple of years ago, and I didn't have a digital camera then. As I recall, the mechanism was a little gunked up from years of crud going into the switch. When you push the button, I think there was a little disk underneath that had the switch contacts. This disk rotated slightly and closed the circuit. That's all I can recall. but it wasn't hard to fix, as I remember. Just be very careful when disassembling so you know exactly how the parts go together.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.