Hazards, flashers, ignition oh my!!! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM

Hazards, flashers, ignition oh my!!!

Hello all. I am in desperate need of help. 1st, I understand that this is an Alfa forum, however during my relentless searching I keep coming up with a reference to Alfas when entering in my parts.

I have a 1974 Fiat El Car otherwise known as a Zagato Zele. I am trying to restore this rare find and keep running into road blocks. I have the following parts:
a BOSCH Warnblinkgeber 0336 401 004 with 31, KBL, 49, and 49A terminals. I am assuming this is a flasher of some kind.

an 8 pin hazard button labeled SAE QC 69 DKS - B with the following terminals 49a, 49, 30b, R, 30, 15, L, and 31 in the center.

finally a black box labeled SBS 4A 24volt Magnetti Marelli. it has 3 unmarked terminals...2 close together and one by its self next to a screw that is coated in a red substance.

In addition, the ignition barrel I have not been able to figure out either. The part number is 70070, but the drawings I have found do not correspond to the actual item that I have. My terminals are 30/4, 30/4, 30, 30, 15/54, 15/54.

Any help on how to wire these items together would be greatly appreciated. I need help, I can't find a schematic, and I just don't know what to do or who to ask. Please, I did not post in disrespect and if I have violated this forum I apologize.

Please, can anyone offer any advice, assistance, or point me in the right direction. Thanking you all in advance, CHUCK.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Platinum Subscriber

So is this what you have? The Zagato Zele 1000, 1500, 2000 (also known as the Elcar Electric 1000, 1500, 2000) was an electric microcar with a polyester body. It was made from 1974-1976 by the Italian design company Zagato, which had long been known for beautiful and light weight exotic sports car bodies. The Zele, however, was high, square cornered and slow. They were produced in 7 colors, the chassis and suspension was Fiat derived. The "1000, 1500, and 2000 stands for the wattage of the motors respectively. Only 500 total were made.

http://evalbum.com/2154
http://www.aroc-usa.org/
My Maintenance Sticky: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164-...ance-tips.html

Daily drivers: USA models - 91 164L w/AT "Black Beauty I" ALFA4ME; 91 164S Black Beauty II ALFALFA

SOLD MY91 "Bianco" 164B 5-speed [My Originale], ALFISTO Movin On!
Also gone are Old Blue 91 164L, Rosso1 93 164L, Rosso2 91 164S; QS2 164L

Daughter's current ride: Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus

Current Car hauler and Parts chaser : 2000 Dodge Ram PU 5.2L V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 11-28-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:10 PM

Yes sir, that is what I have. I have a 1000. The story of how it came into my possession is rather lengthy and somewhat educational and entertaining.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
BOSCH Warnblinkgeber 0336 401 004 with 31, KBL, 49, and 49A terminals.
hazard/turn signal flasher

31 goes to ground

49 is turn signal flasher (pulse generator) input

49a is turn signal flasher (pulse generator) output

KBL to dash indicator

see attached pdf as used in Alfa

see attached din codes pdf
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Untitled.pdf (407.9 KB, 107 views)
File Type: pdf DIN wiring codes.pdf (12.4 KB, 98 views)
File Type: pdf Understanding_Euro_Wiring_Diagrams_Motor_Magazine_April_2003.pdf (222.6 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by 86spider; 11-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Gold Subscriber

SBS 4A 24volt Magnetti Marelli

voltage regulator???
Old 11-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Gold Subscriber

Alfa (Sipea 70070) ignition switch

look here for image, post # 3:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spid...ing-sipea.html

Look like yours?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:41 PM

I have gained a wealth or knowledge thus far and want to thank you for your attempt at helping me. I will print and pour over these diagrams and try to figure out my problems before I post again so as not to be a bother. Thank you again, CHUCK
Old 11-29-2011, 06:51 PM

Gentlemen...I have reviewed the technical documents that you all provided to me and I do have a couple of more questions...
On my ignition barrel the terminal with dual numbers 30/4 and 15/54...how do I read the in the DIN wiring. I have noticed that there is no 54 at all in the wiring code?

Also, my barrel doesn't show INT terminals but instead 30/4??

Thanks again for all your time and effort....I do truly appreciate it, CHUCK
Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Gold Subscriber

DIN 72552 terminal designations

wikipedia's list of what DIN says: see attached pdf has some 54 designations on it.

for some of it I would guess you are "off application" and may need to get a meter and see what connects to what in the switch in different positions and then through the process of elimination get the major parts connected and sort through how the other wires may have been connected or intended to function.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf DIN_72552 termination designations.pdf (41.9 KB, 553 views)
Old 12-17-2011, 09:14 AM

What a cool car. Hope you keep it running. Post some pictures of it for us.

Looks like Smart Car copied the body design.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.