Alfa Romeo Racing Group El Salvador - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Alfa Romeo Racing Group El Salvador

If you are an Alfa Romeo lover and are interested in participating and Race in one of the best Tracks in Central America, come join Us in 2007 with your Classic Alfa Romeo Stock. (Racing subject to rules and regulations handbook)

The dates are:

Feb 18th
April 22
July 1st
Sept 2
Nov 18th

Here are some pictures that you will enjoy....
Attached Images

Last edited by Ricardo Gonzale; 07-20-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 04:36 PM

Ricardo,

See you in September. We were trying to come watch this weekend, but family obligations got in the way.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-02-2007, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Great i will see you then . Are you still plannig to bring a car here and race. let us know so we can help you with that. this weekend was fun. as son as a have some photos i will send them to you.. take care and see you soon...

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 08:06 AM

I have not been back to El Salvador since 1998. Any truth that AlfaSal closed down?

ANDREWG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

73 GTV - new restoration project
82 GTV6 ITS #86
85 Spider Graduate
88 Milano Verde - needs a motor, hum...
91 164S Recaro
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

The dealeship closed down only he shop is open. Some the good mechanics left and have opened their own shop Others have stayed in ALFASAL. ...
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 08:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to super-racer
We took Ricardo's advice and went racing this weekend in El Salvador. What an amazing time! Some pics and race recaps to come...

Fabrizio
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 AM

Thumbs up Nice tread that you have open

Buenisimo Ricardo. RAces in El Salvador should be taking serious.
Look how many Alfas in the race. Keep on with more photographs, and more members
Edgar
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 12:09 PM

What a fantastic weekend ! Kudos to Anthony who drove the living begeebies out of the Ital Speed racer, red GTV #68 !! This spec car (gotta be mostly stock) was built in Los Angeles at Santo's shop and then shipped to El Sal. The fat was on the fire, we were running third and almost pulled close second at about lap 4 then the car overheated an blew the head gasket. NB: we started dead last in a feld of 17 cars... Anthony managed to pass 7 cars b4 the first turn! It was spectacular racing!! The atomophere reminded me a lot of a huge party with the revelers in the grandstands going completely nuts. A live band was there, and so were numerous gorgeous models who paraded back and forth in the pits to promote the various sponsors and teams at the track. Everybody from track officials to our fellow competitors were gracious hosts who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, comfortable and at home in their country. We made lots of friends there. We left the car in San Salvador with a promise to return for the first race in the 6 race series next year. Jabali is an incredible track with lots of techincal turns, a carosel, high speed hair pin, and a great high speed straight at start finish. A quick lap time in a 2L Alfa is about 2 mins. Anyway, next year it all starts the frist weekend of March. For any of you who might consider racing your car at Jabali in '08, contact me on this forum and i can tell you how to make it happen. It is totally worth it!!

Last edited by ital_speed; 11-21-2007 at 12:50 PM.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ital_speed View Post
...We left the car in San Salvador with a promise to return for the first race in the 6 race series next year. ... For any of you who might consider racing your car at Jabali in '08, contact me on this forum and i can tell you how to make it happen.
In that case, couldn't I just borrow #68 for a few laps? As someone who is fluent in the native tongue of said country, I could offer my "translator" services in return!

Best regards,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 01:24 PM

Nearly everybody we encountered spoke some form of English. Its practically a second language there. For the next trip down to El Sal I've given serious consideration to bringing along an accountant, a lawyer, and perhaps a priest
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to FANALONE
well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ital_speed View Post
What a fantastic weekend ! Kudos to Anthony who drove the living begeebies out of the Ital Speed racer, red GTV #68 !! This spec car (gotta be mostly stock) was built in Los Angeles at Santo's shop and then shipped to El Sal. The fat was on the fire, we were running third and almost pulled close second at about lap 4 then the car overheated an blew the head gasket. NB: we started dead last in a feld of 17 cars... Anthony managed to pass 7 cars b4 the first turn! It was spectacular racing!! The atomophere reminded me a lot of a huge party with the revelers in the grandstands going completely nuts. A live band was there, and so were numerous gorgeous models who paraded back and forth in the pits to promote the various sponsors and teams at the track. Everybody from track officials to our fellow competitors were gracious hosts who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, comfortable and at home in their country. We made lots of friends there. We left the car in San Salvador with a promise to return for the first race in the 6 race series next year. Jabali is an incredible track with lots of techincal turns, a carosel, high speed hair pin, and a great high speed straight at start finish. A quick lap time in a 2L Alfa is about 2 mins. Anyway, next year it all starts the frist weekend of March. For any of you who might consider racing your car at Jabali in '08, contact me on this forum and i can tell you how to make it happen. It is totally worth it!!
well done, I will joint next year my self.

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:06 PM

Great to see folks visit my homeland. Have not been to El Salvador in about 10 years. I remember going to watch the Ruffatti alfa race there many years ago.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:12 PM

What ever happened to Mecafe Porsche?
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:12 PM

you have miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelo View Post
Great to see folks visit my homeland. Have not been to El Salvador in about 10 years. I remember going to watch the Ruffatti alfa race there many years ago.
you have miss alot action, from super turing races from 1999 to 2003 and from 1995 to 1999 I race my self. alot of fun and I tell you the country has move alot for the better. not everywhere but some areas are just lke U.S.A in all aspect.

Lancia Fulvia 1.2HF 1966. Lancia Fulvia coupe 1.2 w/1.6HF 1st 1966. Lancia Fulvia Berlina GTE 1.3 1969. Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 1972. WWW.LALANCIA.COM
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 PM

he

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelo View Post
What ever happened to Mecafe Porsche?
he retire from the sport and all his cars are well store some where in el salvador now the # 1 man Victor Tarazi Jr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode