Central Indiana Alfa Owners - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Central Indiana Alfa Owners

Carm,

Do you know that the Central Indiana Alfa Owners also call themselves CIAO? In fact, so does the Colonial Italian American Organization. I applaud your efforts, but it might be a bit confusing for many regional Alfisti.

Cheers,
'Alex' Sandor Csank

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! - Hunter S. Thompson 1971
Bianco 1985 GTV6 "Tramontana" (North Wind)
President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AROC USA, ARCC & CARM Social Media Chair (Facebookie)

Member: Club Alfa Romeo de Montreal (CARM), A.O.N.E., St. Louis & Capital Chapter AROC and Scuderia Non-Originale (SNO)
Club Alfa Romeo De Montreal (CARM):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(514) 771-9513
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
Carm,

Do you know that the Central Indiana Alfa Owners also call themselves CIAO? In fact, so does the Colonial Italian American Organization. I applaud your efforts, but it might be a bit confusing for many regional Alfisti.
Interesting, in fact what's more interesting is new Williamsburg CIAO leadership evidently is wondering why we haven't been back to their festival, I vaguely remember old leadership stating they didn't have room for us at their current festival location. Who is on first is a continual question isn't it?

Ciao, Alfisto Steve
Virginia Beach, VA
AROC 164 Tech Advisor

My Maintenance Sticky:

Daily drivers: USA models - 1991 164S Black Beauty II ALFISTO;

Daughter's current ride: BB1 my 164L and Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus is back up.

New parts hauler but not car hauler 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7L H.O. V-8

Needing TLC non-blackbeast the 93 164L

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
Carm,

Hi Alex / Steve,

Yes, I am aware that many organizations around the world (especially Italia) use the CIAO abbreviation. CIAO-Charities from Italian Automobile Owners is NOT a registered name nor does it intend to create confusion with other local / midwestern / national "Registered" organizations.

CIAO is a point of reference and helps to identify local events in the Chicagoland areas. Matter of fact, if you goggle CIAO & charities, first thing that comes up are the events we have put together in the last 6 months. The reason many people like myself do not know much about the "Central Indiana Alfa Owners" speaks for itself.

"CIAO" as in Charities from Italian Automobile Owners would be a problem if we became a registered member with AROC. Since there is NO direct association (with exception that many participating donors happen to be CAROC members) with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club, I don't see how any of this affects regional Alfisti.

CIAO is a great expression used and recognized by most cultures. I just hope that many car enthusiasts find $10 to put into an envelope in lieu of simply buying expensive gas.

CIAO,
Carm

L'Alfista

'60 Giulietta Sprint
'64 Giulia Spider Veloce
'65 Giulia Sprint Speciale
'71 1750 GT Veloce
'81 GTV6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode