2009 Schedule of Events - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

2009 Schedule of Events

Hi all, this will have to do for now. I expect to add a Tour to KingMotorsport but have not confirmed date with owner. We will have more details on each event as we go. I did the best I could so that these dates do not overlap with our CAROC dates.

CIAO 2009 Event Schedule

March:
Friday 20th – Meeting at Joe’s & Giuseppe Ristorante. Featuring homemade Focaccia, Pasta con Sarde, Stuffed Artichokes, Zeppoli Deserts. Please reserve seating.

April:
Thursday 23rd – Meeting at Joe’s & Giuseppe Ristorante. Menu featuring: Pizza Bread, Grigliata di Pesce (grilled fish), Soup & Salad, Risotto Primavera, Chicken Vesuvio w/ Roasted Potatoes. Cost is $25 per person, e-mail ahead to reserve ( lskarch@comcast.net ).

May:
Sunday 3rd – NADS (National Association of Down Syndrome) Tour to Green County, WI. Come join us for this Kettle Moraine scenic drive thru some of the most beautiful roads in the Midwest. We ask participants to make a $25 Donation to NADS.
Thursday 28th – Meeting at Joe’s & Giuseppe Ristorante. Menu featuring: Bruschetta, Antipasti Siciliani (Sicilian Appetizer), Soup & Salad, Gnocchi Paradiso, Agnello Aggrassato w/ Roasted Potatoes. Cost is $25 per person, e-mail ahead to reserve ( lskarch@comcast.net ).
Saturday 30th – Videos & BBQ @ Vittorio Severino’s:E-mail ahead to reserve( lskarch@comcast.net ).

June:
Sunday the 7th - Festa Della Republica, Car Show at the Pompeii church near Taylor Street. For more info. call Carlo Vaniglia @ 708-217-1004
Thursday 18th through Sunday 21st – June Sprints, Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
Thursday 25th – Meeting at Joe’s & Giuseppe. Menu featuring: Grilled Vegetables, Soup & Salad, Cavatelli Alla Nonna, Baked Bracioli with side of Rapini. Cost is $25 per person, e-mail ahead to reserve
( lskarch@comcast.net ).

July:
Friday 3rd – CAROC Independence Day Challenge at Autobahn, Joliet (south track)
Sunday 19th – Car Show at Joe & Giuseppe’s Ristorante. A Café Roma revival, featuring Gelato, Pizette, Arancini, Fried Calamari, Focaccia, Italian music and of course Italian Cars. We expect many cars to participate. Gathering starts at 3:00 PM and it will go till late Sunday night. A portion of the money spent of food and beverages will be Donated to Feed The Children. Please E-mail ahead to reserve ( lskarch@comcast.net ).
Friday 31st – Caravan to Ferrari National Convention at Road America. Road Tour to upper Wisconsin Kettle Moraine roads, look for more info.

August:
Saturday 1st – Ferrari Convention
Sunday 9th – REINA’s Italian Car & Motorcycle Show in Brookfield, WI
Saturday 22nd through Sunday 23rd – Geneva Concours D’Elegance, Geneva, IL
Thursday 27th – Meeting at Joe’s & Giuseppe Ristorante. Menu featuring: Fried Calamari, Soup & Salad, Linguini e Vongole (Linguini with Clams), Rapini and Sausage. Cost is $25 per person, e-mail ahead to reserve ( lskarch@comcast.net ).

September:
Thursday 24th - Meeting at Joe’s & Giuseppe Ristorante. Menu featuring: Portobello Mushroom, Soup & Salad, Risotto, Veal Portofino with Roasted Potatoes. Cost is $25 per person, e-mail ahead to reserve ( lskarch@comcast.net ).
Sunday 27th – Fall Tour; starting location and route to be announced

October:
Thursday 22nd - Meeting at Joe’s & Giuseppe Ristorante. Menu featuring: Baked Clams, Fried Calamari, Soup & Salad, Lobster Ravioli, Chicken Marsala with Roasted Potatoes. Cost is $25 per person, e-mail ahead to reserve ( lskarch@comcast.net ).
Saturday 17th through Sunday 18th – CAROC Fall Challenge at Road America

November:
Thursday 12th – Go-Karting at Chicago Indoor Racing located at the Addison facility.

December:
Too early to know! Check later for updates.

L'Alfista

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'60 Giulietta Sprint
'64 Giulia Spider Veloce
'65 Giulia Sprint Speciale
'71 1750 GT Veloce
'81 GTV6

Last edited by Chi Si Dici; 06-26-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 06:31 PM

Carm, I don't see a date for Joe’s & Giuseppe Ristorante in November. I realize Thanksgiving is near our usual date but I don't see that as reason why we should NOT have a meeting. Just let me know when and I will be there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Let me work on something. We do have the Go-Karts this month.

L'Alfista

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'60 Giulietta Sprint
'64 Giulia Spider Veloce
'71 1750 GT Veloce
'81 GTV6

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 08:00 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to berniem
Love to see the charity work you guys are doing. I wanted to drop a quick note that if anyone would like to make a road trip on July 24-25 you are all welcome to join us at the Cortile

You can find the details at the Car Events page here on the forum.

BTW, our whole event is about helping our charity. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization with a mission to hold a world-class vintage automotive event for charity. It is the region's premier summer event for hundreds of thousands of automotive enthusiasts in that it combines charitable fundraising with car shows and vintage sports car racing on city streets. The 2010 Race Week runs from July 16th through the 25th culminating with our 28th annual vintage races and car shows at Schenley Park on the weekend of July 24/25. Since 1983 this volunteer-driven event has raised over $2.5 million for the Autism Society of Pittsburgh & Allegheny Valley School.

Bernard Martin, Managing Director, "The Cortile" Italian Car Show
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix: 1988 Spider Veloce; 1991 164L
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniem View Post
Love to see the charity work you guys are doing. I wanted to drop a quick note that if anyone would like to make a road trip on July 24-25 you are all welcome to join us at the Cortile

You can find the details at the Car Events page here on the forum.

BTW, our whole event is about helping our charity. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Association is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization with a mission to hold a world-class vintage automotive event for charity. It is the region's premier summer event for hundreds of thousands of automotive enthusiasts in that it combines charitable fundraising with car shows and vintage sports car racing on city streets. The 2010 Race Week runs from July 16th through the 25th culminating with our 28th annual vintage races and car shows at Schenley Park on the weekend of July 24/25. Since 1983 this volunteer-driven event has raised over $2.5 million for the Autism Society of Pittsburgh & Allegheny Valley School.
Thanks for the invite. Last year was our first year and I believe we may have convinced more Alfisti to join our efforts this year. I'll post an Event schedule soon and maybe some of our guys would like to go on a road trip. Thanks again for your support, I wish more people would understand.

Sincerely,
Carm

L'Alfista

'60 Giulietta Sprint
'64 Giulia Spider Veloce
'71 1750 GT Veloce
'81 GTV6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode