Centerline Acquires International Auto Parts - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:25 AM

Garage
Centreline is now called Centerline International. A mix of the 2 names....

Marc
1980 Spider, 1997 Fiat 175 Coupe, 1966 Giulia TI, 1982 Lancia Beta Zagato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Garage
I also saw this on Centerline's Facebook page.

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- fuel injector cleaning
post #18 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Garage
I also saw this on Centerline's Facebook page.

- - Eric
don't read this
~ 1984 Spider Veloce ~
- -~ 1981 GTV-6 ~
Mebane, North Carolina

- fuel injector cleaning

post #19 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
This was the official announcement that Joe Cab posted yesterday:

Centerline Acquires International Auto Parts

Edward
'88 Quad - "Claudia"
post #20 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Details: Centerline Acquires International Auto Parts

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #21 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:39 AM

Although Centerline is a Colorado company and I already buy most of my new bits from them, I do not welcome the acquisition. Competition is good for the consumer and these were the two main distributors. Can't wait to see what this does to pricing.
NikosF and Norseman50 like this.
post #22 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:59 AM

I found out about the acquisition just now when I called IAP to return my old starter to recoup my core charge. Colorado says they have not sorted out how that is going to work yet. They took my number and said they'd call me when they have it figured out. Fingers crossed, expecting no problem as both are stand-up companies.

'81 SPIDER. 2nd owner; ex-66/7 DUETTO. (Used, the gauges were in Italian); ex-78 SPORT SEDAN. Bought new. Great introduction to Alfas.
post #23 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 02:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
FYI....I just learned that Centerline has purchased IPA.
If you call IPA phone numbers you are referred to Centerline.
Wow, that's news. I wonder if Paul (founder) retired and no one else possibly in the family wanted to take over?? Just a hunch. Maybe it will be a good merger for the better. I've always been perturbed by IAP the past few years on availability, overall knowledge of the cars/products and punctuality. It will be interesting to see if they expand or diminish inventory ultimately altering pricing one way or another.

I guess it explains why I haven't received a catalogue from them for over a year.
post #24 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 02:14 PM

Think Centerline International will start servicing the "Fix-It-Again-Tony" folks?
post #25 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 03:49 PM

Congrats to all parties.. sorry if any of the employees are lost in the shuffle because they are really driven by customer satisfaction and have done a marvelous job. They are really good people. Now the challenge will be to keep demanding parts that are correct as NOS quality and not accept anything inferior that seem to be scattered to the all the suppliers. A leg up would be to get them right and know what is inferior.. I hope this marriage accomplishes the objective to provide the best replacement products at no sacrifice to the details that often are overlooked as "this is what is available".

Matt plowed new ground by leg work.. if suppliers (reman) are going to branch out for more business, then get it right.. and the guy with the right product on hand wins.. There is no reason to go through the reman steps and get them wrong if the specs are defined and more effort needs to be done in this area. Perhaps a stronger position can help put emphasis on producing parts that are the truest quality of original parts with the effort put forth by the reman people and their ability to copy.. This takes coordination that has been lacking. One distributor starts the process of a ground breaking product and before you know it they all have the same source. ... and it is crap because the first distributor accepted it so everyone is left holding the bag including the customer! "Close but no cigar" doesn't work anymore. I hope you can pull this off. Put a man on it. Good luck

Last edited by divotandtralee; 09-01-2015 at 06:23 PM.
post #26 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Gold Subscriber

As my business has transitioned from servicing only Alfas to servicing a wider variety of classics, I have done business with a wide variety of vendors for all kinds of cars & from points all over the world. The service we enjoy from these guys is second to none.
Susan likes this.

Michael Keith
Vintage Car Solutions
Houston, TX
94 164LS; 84 GTV6; 74 Spider; 67 Fiat 124 Sedan
post #27 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 05:56 PM

A polite boo.

Allow me to be the party pooper curmudgeon. Although I have had good experiences with both companies, and I understand the shrinking market both companies have had to deal with, consolidation and a reduction of choices does not bode well for us.

Jim
post #28 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 06:16 PM

I gave up on the USA based suppliers a couple of years ago.

Too expensive, crap service and outrageous shipping costs.....

The competition is there from the UK suppliers that have all the parts at reasonable prices and super fast shipping..... I will be interested to see if anything changes in the USA....
post #29 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Gold Subscriber

I've been an Alfa owner since 1973. I recall ordering parts from IAP when it was still in Jersey. Sortly thereafter I got acquainted with Centerline. I periodically like to remind alfisti how few cars Alfa sold in the US into the 80's. A coupla thousand per year. IAP and Centerline and Joe and Paul Opiela and Steve Gibbens have kept our cars on the road for decades. It's always been more than just a business to them. Thanks for the past and good luck with the future..
post #30 of 144 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
I hope this marriage accomplishes the objective to provide the best replacement products at no sacrifice to the details that often are overlooked as "this is what is available".
Amen to that.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode