Alfa Romeo Forums banner

CAROC's 2007 Track Event SChedule

6K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  epraja 
#1 ·
Please mark your calendars for the following days. More info will be posted in the CAROC web-site in the near future.

Autobahn in Joliet, IL: May 5th & 6th
Blackhawk Farms in Beloit, WI: July 2nd
Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI: October 6th & 7th

We ask the membership to plan early. Here are a few pics to remind all what type of class event we have gathered at Autobahn the last few years.

Thanks,
Carm

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Autobahn Updates from Wayne Seely

Corner Worker Volunteers
At each of our track events, CAROC is involved in a balancing act; we need to cover the track expenses while trying to provide a fun, safe and cost effective driving experience for all the competitors. One way we try and keep costs to a minimum is by having volunteer corner workers rather than hiring an outside group. This only works if we have enough people to man all the corners so we can get the cars on the track when scheduled.

This year we plan to get our volunteers to commit to a corner worker assignment before the day of the event. If you call ahead of time you can request a specific corner. As usual, all corner workers who work a full day will get free touring. Please call Sandy GaNun at (847) 234-0733 or e-mail at ganuns@aol.com if you have any questions or wish to volunteer. Each corner worker will be sent a training package before the event.

Please note that we have replaced last years flag (see pic of woman with babushka) waiver with an Official Italian Flag Waiver from the Alfa Factory. We need all your support in helping us keep an eye on her!:)

Thanks, Wayne ( & Carm );)

Attachments

#4 ·
Invitation to the CAROC 2007 Spring Speed

The Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Club invites you to participate in the 2007 CAROC Spring Speed at Autobahn – Timed Lapping Sessions on Saturday and Sunday, May 5th and 6th. We have a new format this year so be sure to read the addendum attached to the application. Same generous dose of seat time!! We expect to run the North track on Saturday and the South track on Sunday.

The format will be lapping sessions by group; all sessions will be timed with AMB transponder system. Rentals are included in the event fee. Touring will be at noon for one hour. The North Shore Corvette Club will also be joining us. Registration and tech inspection will begin at 7AM Sat and Sun.

You can register now by downloading the form attached to this post or going to our web site to download the registration form; or you can register on line at www.myautoevents.com and search on "Spring Speed".

We may be running on the North track on Saturday and the South track on Sunday.

Wayne Seely
Event Chair

Attachments

#5 ·
CAROC Autobahn

Fellow track fanatics,

We confirmed that we will be running the north track on Saturday and the south track on Sunday. The south track includes a state of the art T&S building where the entire track can be observed from the upper deck!

See you there!
Wayne Seely
Event Chair

#6 ·
Carm and Wayne, it is at times like this that I regret my move to St. Louis! Because of your efforts, CAROC puts on some great track events!

Erik Wood

#7 ·
Erik, St. Louis isn't that far from here. An Alfisti from St. Louis drove his maroon semi-race prepped GTV to our Road America event last October, raced it for two days and drove it back home. All without any side glass!! Now that's dedication. We would just love to see your GTV driving the south course at Autobahn.
Wayne

#9 ·
I know, Wayne. But I've talked Kelly into allowing me 4 race weekends with the race car this year. Doubt I can lobby effectively for another weekend! I was at RA in 2005 when Pranka drove his GTV up, sans side windows. He seems to take great pride in driving to the track, not trailering!

If my schedule permits, the first add will be the Detroit convention. The second will be your event at Autobahn! By the way, I will be at RA for two SVRA events this year (May and July). Would love to see any CAROC members who make it to the track.

Erik

#10 ·
Hi Anthony, the red car is not a real GTA. Good eye though! I do have a bunch of pics from Roman's Trans Am car that I took years back. By the way, I understand that the inboard video of Roman's car made it to the West coast via Peter Webb who borrowed it from me. I'm waiting to see it on you-tube.:)

I'm always peeking in at your activities and wish we had more "tifosi's here in the midwest. I understand my paisano friend (Giovanni D'Avola) at Autosprint had a nice conversation with your dad and that they know a bunch of the same friends from Sicily.

Saluti,
Carm

Attachments

#11 ·
That's a nice GTA clone. Let's see the pictures you have in the "Alfa's In Trans Am" thread. Roman's #93 GTA probably is one of my favorite Trans Am cars. I gave the dvd to Simon to post, but he's still trying to figure out a way to post the whole thing in low res w/o affecting the quality too much.

Oh yes, my dad told me about Giovanni. It's a small world. Maybe one summer all of us Sicilian Alfisti from the US can meet up over there when we're all on our summer vacations.

#12 ·
Carm, is the video to which you are referring the one filmed at RA where my GTV (at that time Besic's) is in the frame for most of the race? If so, I never did get a copy from Peter! Love to have one.

Erik

#13 ·
Anthony, the pics I have of old #93 on not on digital, I need to find a different type of scanner that creates images with lower KB's. In the event a have little luck, I can always send them to you?

In regards to getting a bunch of Alfisti together in Sicily, Giovanni and I have talked about getting a good group together and doing a Targa Tour. We would all rent Alfas and have a blast. I'm from near Enna and two times a year they also have this amazing hillclimb that always makes news in all the Historic car journals.

Erik, that is your GTV having a blast and edging out the #93 GTA car at the end. I will have to look for the DVD copy and make one for you. The best footage of the #93 car takes place at Gratton. There you witness this little Alfa terrorizing Mustangs and Camaros alike, really fascinating. Moreover, the sound of that GTA is unbelievable.

Carm

#14 ·
In regards to getting a bunch of Alfisti together in Sicily, Giovanni and I have talked about getting a good group together and doing a Targa Tour. We would all rent Alfas and have a blast. I'm from near Enna and two times a year they also have this amazing hillclimb that always makes news in all the Historic car journals.
When are we going?
Quite seriously.

#15 ·
Come on everyone, May 5th is around the corner. Get your registrations in ASAP, we still have room for cars. Remember that you have a chance to run both the North & South tracks. Drop Wayne a line or check our web-site at www.caroc.com there you will find the registration forms. If you do not register for the speed even, bring your cars out and tour the beautiful track.

A presto,

Carm

#16 ·
Two days to go and we are still short 20 cars. Autobahn is a great track, come on out and enjoy your cars and get a chance to drive on a great road track. You can register at the gate on Saturday or Sunday. See you there.

Carm

#17 ·
Blackhawk Event on July 2nd

Now that our Autobahn event in Joliet is behind us it’s time to start thinking about the next event in July. We invite you to participate in the 2007 CAROC Independence Day Challenge at Blackhawk Farms on Monday, July 2nd. Because this event is one of much-needed events to raise money to fund club activities and the newsletter, we need your support. Even if you don’t attend (What a sad day for both of use!), please publicize this event to friends, neighbors, acquaintances, etc. We need all the participation we can get.

Two years ago we had 11 Alfas among the 44 cars that participated. We would love to see even more this year.

Information is available soon on our web site – www.caroc.com/events including tips before you get to the track; a typical day at one of our events; tech inspection form; etc.

Registration and tech inspection will begin at 7AM. We will be sending out the first practice group at 9:15AM. The format will be open lapping by class. Because of our use of transponders this year, all laps will be timed, and we will be giving awards for consistency, improvement, etc. based upon this sophisticated timing system. Touring will be at noon and will run for one hour. On track activities will wrap up at 5PM. For those who register for lapping sessions before June 15th, we will be providing lunch.

Those that have already participated in one of our events realize the tremendous track time you get!! If you haven’t run in one yet then it’s about time you find out. What better way to enjoy your Fourth of July weekend!!

You can register now by going to our web site http://www.caroc.com/events to download the registration form; or you can register on line at www.myautoevents.com and search on "Independence".

Don Brubaker

#18 ·
Blackhawk is on Deck!

Here are a few pics from last year. We need your support, please sign up for a great day of fun.

Attachments

#19 ·
Road America October 6th & 7th

Please register for our highlight tract event of the year. If you do not sign up for the "Time-Trial" portion, make sure you sign up for the "Alfa Vintage Touring" sessions. You will get approx. four 30 min. sessions in two days for only $150. We need at least 15 cars to make it work. This will allow you the opportunity to take your classic Alfa and give it an Italian tune-up!:D

Visit www.caroc.com to register ASAP.

#26 ·
I'm sad to say it was me. The #147 car in the pictures above. I'm fine but the car is a total loss. Sorry, I haven't the heart to take pictures yet.

Erik

Which Alfa hit the wall at the kink? Any photos? Glad to hear that the driver was unhurt; I guess the engine was ripped out of the car.

#25 ·
I was there and personally think that posting pictures by anyone but the owner would be inappropriate.

On a more positive note. I have been helping out at Autobahn a few days this week and have given out 20+ flyers for the event. I believe we should see a Ferrari 599, a 355 challange, a few 360s and a few 430s as well as a handfull of Loti. I imagine touring should be worth the price of admission!

Come on guys, get those cars out for one last spanking before you change the oil and put them down for the winter!

#30 ·
Road America October 6th & 7th

We are getting closer guys. I spoke with Joe DiCarlo this morning and he said he'll be bringing his GTA replica for lapping. I can't wait, we will get plenty of track time for the "Vintage Touring" and an opportunity to see a bunch of Alfas we havent seen in some time. I believe Tony Lostumbo will be bringing his GTV for the first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.