Weber 40 DCOE Jetting Setup for 71 GTV - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 02-02-2005, 06:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to TerraX Send a message via AIM to TerraX
Weber 40 DCOE Jetting Setup for 71 GTV

My neglected 71 GTV is sitting waiting for me to get some new jets for the Weber's that were so obviously setup incorrectly in the first place. The engine is very fresh and has had a few modifications performed. John Norman did some head work that included some bigger valves and Peditori Cams (unfortunately the former owner did not have the specs ). At any rate I am looking for a baseline setup to start with with perhaps a few suggestions on other jets I might like to have on-hand to fine tune with.

I know this topic has been posted a million times before. Just one more time..for me.

Thanks!!!
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2005, 11:04 PM

I see your from Sacramento.as Iam I, do you know About the Alpine 500?its A vintage car rally in april.Barbers shop Alfa will be going,as well as A few customers it should be fun.if you or any one else is interested let me know, and I will get you some info.its 500 miles over two days,starting in Sac and ending in sac $250.00 gets ya A room for two @ the Calneva north shore Lake tahoe A rally pack and Dinner for two at the end of the rally.
Sunny
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2005, 09:28 AM

Alpine 500

Thanks for the info on the Alpine 500. I am checking into it.

Carb info: No one has a basic base line of jets to use?????

Please.

C
Old 02-04-2005, 11:14 AM

TerraX,
If your car is a 1750, the venturis should be around 32-34mm depending on tune. Main jets are roughly 4xVenturi size (for 32mm venturi use 130-135 main jet) and idle jet can be 50F8 for most Weber applications. F16 or F9 are good emulsion tubes, part-throttle acceleration will determine best one.
Pittatore (this is the right name) is a cam factory in Torino, making zillions of standard cams for the automotive industry, not necessarily specialized in hi-perf cams. Someone should measure your cams and determine the proper compression ratio needed, timing settings, valve/piston clearances etc.
Jim K.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the setup info. I will give Redline a call and get those parts on their way. If I could read Wes Ingram's handwriting I probably have all of the specs. I have copies of all the worksheets he did on the engine, but his handwriting is almost hieroglyph.

Chris
Old 02-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Standard specs for 1750:

Venturi 32
Main jet 130
Air corr 200
Emulsion F-9
Idle jet 50F8
Start jet 65F5

Per the Centerline catalog- sea level application

Used the above for my 1750 Super- works very well

69 Spider
69 GTV
74 GTV
84 Spider Veloce
Old 02-07-2005, 08:53 PM

Needle and seat 150, pump back bleed 060, pump jet 035, aux. venturi 4.5, don't forget those

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.