SPICA FI Pump Maintenance - Page 9 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Gold Subscriber

Hmmmm, the prior post doesn't bode well. The car I'm trying to wake up hasn't been driven since 1988.

What steps should one take in preparing the SPICA system for use, when its been slumbering for 25 years?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Location: Rapid City SD, Black Hills of South Dakota, Queens NY
Send a message via Skype™ to Roadtrip
Several previous threads on this specific subject. Do a search and you should find them. Basically, it's cleaning the system from gas tank forward and back again. Also, changing the captured oil in the logic section of the pump. Regardless, it's extremely likely that the pump requires overhaul.

John Stewart
74 Spider
91 164S
post #123 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Gold Subscriber

Thank you.

post #124 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Gold Subscriber

GTV Reassembly with SPICA

I am reassembling a 1974 GTV with a 1971 1750 SPICA system from a 71 Spider. The GTV was also SPICA but acquired without the 2L and pump.
The pump from the 71 Spider was rebuilt by Wes Ingram before being idle since 2007 and was running fine at the time it was parked. Only 2,500-3,000 miles or so on pump after rebuild. Sure Start equipped in place of TA. Would like to acquire a TA at some point.
Two questions-
1. What steps to prepare the SPICA itself before loading fuel in tank and preparing ignition to start car? All filters have been changed including pump filter. Logic section lube refresh is one thing. Anything else?
2. The line from the evaporative canister in trunk runs to motor and intake. On this 1750, there is no separate rail along side of valve cover to connect it to and the breather off of valve cover does not have a second small port (this setup does exist on another 1971 Spider I have and which I've been using as a model of sorts). Where can I connect the line from evap. canister? Can I use the 5th port on the 5 port air module on the intake? Normally this 5th port is used by a line from oil separator.

Thanks for any information and any other suggestions.

Russ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode