Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Removing Stick on Lead Weights from GTV6 Ronal Wheels

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JoeCab 
#1 ·
Is there an easy way to remove the sticky substance that is left after removing the weights on wheels without damaging the painted surface of the wheel. The wheels are Ronals on GTV6.

Thanks

#2 ·
I had (and more or less still have) the same problem. Some idiot, long ago, glued weights to the outside face of beautiful OZ Monza wheels on my car (before I had it). You can try adhesive remover and a wooden spoon and scrape it off. There was also some chemical a friend of mine told me about long ago but I forget what it's called...needless to say I still have some residue on my wheels.

#7 ·
Some crazy ideas (they have actually worked in the past for us in similar situations):

Baby oil (also is great for getting grease off your hands)
Simple Green (our first attempt everytime)
Take scotch tape wrapped around your finger sticky side out and press and lift over and over

May sound nuts, but you would be surprised. For your issue, I'd start with sticky finger, then simple green, then baby oil.

#8 ·
Thanks for the additional suggestions. I tried peanut butter based on the wife's suggestion but it was very hard work! But I have not tried baby oil. I am not sure that scotch tape will work as the weights have been on for some time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.