Alfa Romeo Forums banner

April 14 2015 Uopdate From Osso's Garage

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Alfaboutvegas 
#1 · (Edited)
April 14 2016 Uopdate From Osso's Garage

So, it's taken a little longer than I had hoped to get the top installed and a few other things done.

I had them install the carpet I bought from Re-Originals in 2003. It's a bit stiff, but looks ok. I also had them recover the ashtray "console" with OE style vinyl and install the shift boot.

The top is an Electron top from Centerline. It's a nice top and was easy to install.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, wow it has been literally ages and I was wondering what was going on with you and that Spider...
So I suppose not much is left now? Seats / door panels mostly?

#3 ·
Hi Uri,

Yes, it has been. I've been busy with life in recent years, hiking, biking, snow shoeing, yard improvements, retirement and a girlfriend. She has been very understanding with my car interest.

Yes, just a few more things. I've decided to replace the steering box as the one in the car is cracked. My conscience got the best of me and I just don't want to drive the car. The suspension needs all of the fasteners torqued. I need to go through the wire harness to make sure everything is connected correctly. Then door cards and seats......and a restart.

#6 ·
The INSPIRATION of the RESTORATION

Brian,
I too have enjoyed this continuing thread. It has, as so many have already commented been a joy. Not only for information but sheer pleasure.
I've been working slowly (when life allows) on my 73. I projected a finish date on a year/year & 1/2 but have found it starting on two.
Although I've enjoyed the time spent, I'm getting antsy to finish.
Your work is immacolato! I like the way you take the time to clean each little part. Lots of pain-staking work but well worth the effort!
As does the results show!
Keep up the beauty! And thanks for the mirror!
Greg

Reactions: Cali67Duetto
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.