Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Update from Osso's garage

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  La Voce 
#1 ·
Things have progressed rather slowly over the winter months. I've managed to get the fuel lines, fuel pump and fuel filters installed, but don't have the photos to share at this time.

I installed the pedal box and rebuilt brake master cylinder. The pedals were powder coated along with all the other items on the car that are black. They got new pads before being installed in the pedal box. I finally have pedals!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This weekend, I assembled the splash shields for the front wheel wells. A number of years ago, I had some rubber cut to the appropriate width. It seems to have worked out very well. I hand made staples from some piano wire I purchased at a hobby shop. Each staple was pushed through the rubber and the original staple holes in the splash shield. The ends were folded over by pounding them with a small mallet.

Attachments

#4 ·
Keep them coming Osso.....I love watching this car coming back together.

Best Regards,
John M

#9 ·
papajam said:
WOW!! VERY impressive, osso!
Ditto!, a demonstration of how to restore an Alfa Romeo.

One question :) : How do concours judges react to this modern and very common (and perfectly sensible) trend of powder coating all 'black' components, ie. suspension, etc.?

Originally Alfa Romeo would have, I guess, just squirted some black paint somewhere near these componets :D

Pete

#10 ·
...I installed the pedal box and rebuilt brake master cylinder. The pedals were powder coated along with all the other items on the car that are black. They got new pads before being installed in the pedal box. I finally have pedals!
Hi Osso. The Spider 1600 parts manual lists a gasket for the engine bay side of the pedal box cover (105.00.44.127.00) but the usual suppliers of hard to find round tail stuff (Classic, EB Spares, etc.) don't list one. Did you find a source or fabricate your own?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.