Calgary has a place on the BB - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Calgary has a place on the BB

Hello CAMS members!

We now have our own spot on the BB, feel free to post messages, questions, things for sale, or things you are looking for.

I will make a thread for event planning.

If you have questions regarding the club or simply need to get a hold of me, my contact info is;

Mark Willis - CAMS coordinator
Home: 403-668-0379
email: mark_a_willis2003@yahoo.ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 03:03 PM

Congratulations, you have a home away from home.

Gifford
'72 Super --> SOLD, '67 GTV --> SOLD
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Cool...

Say "Hi" to Dean for me when you see him....
Attached Images

[I]"It's the best in class by default, because it's the only thing in its class." [/I]
~Richard Hammond on the Alfa 4C

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gordy Hyde[/FONT][/B][/I]
AROC-USA Secretary
Home chapter - NWARC
1971 Junior Zagato 1750 (1800605)
1974 Spider 2000 Iniezione (no carbs)

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 07:19 PM

Welcome from a fellow Canuck!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Ken Lee
Alfa Dogs #13
Oakville, ON[/FONT]
73 GTV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Hello, can anyone suggest a good Alfa mechanic in the Calgary area? (with reasonable rates?)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 PM

Sadly, after Sandro's passing last August, we're without a trusted mechanic. ZR Auto's website indicates they have a technician with Alfa experience, but they're more an exotic dealer and may not want to service a lowly Alfa. I've also heard that Bert & Jack's on 17th near the Stampede grounds may help us, but haven't checked them out.
Howard.

Howard
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

'92 Spider Veloce "Verde Ingles"
'07 Subaru Outback XT
'01 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
'79 X1/9 gone to car heaven
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 10:28 PM

Cool

ever heard of anselmotors?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

I would have to say that I don't have much experience with Local mechanics, since I do all my own work.
But I there is a few people in town that can work on Alfa's

Since Carmine isn't going to do much of a sales pitch for himself;
Carmine at Ansel Motors has half a dozen regular customers with Alfas that he services.
There is also
Al at A/E Tuning
Malcolm at Auto Mann
Bill at Auto Leader
Rory at Vintage Care
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 AM

or Fred and Mario Ital Motors in Edmonton
Attached Images

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Fred Delpero? Hey I met him back in '83 when he drove down from ED to Leny's Garage here in TO ....Leny graciously let him have access to his shop to work on his 1300 GTA race car prior to going on to Shannonville. I recall he was pretty quick in that car.....ah the fun days of yore!

Rossano

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 1750 GTV
1976 Montreal
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 AM

Talking

never met fred or mario face to face always on the phone chatting Alfa
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM

RE: Ital motors

The Del Pero's are currently doing a rebuild on the engine in my 1750, have been using their shop for years - well recommended. Speaking to Fred last week I know he would be keen on Calgary as well, but as with many in Calgary constraint is staff. No idea the Calgary market for Alfa shops, but nothing but good things to say about Ital motors...

Ken

69 1750 GTV
03 S6 Avant
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Well, well guys! I am sorry to burst your bubble about Italmotors!
Fred and Mario.....wonderful people ,.......I wish he would take responsibility of what his mechanics do in the shop. UNfortunately....he doesnt!!
I use to take there my two Alfas ( now 3) but I stopped after he (maybe his mechanic) broke my dash, misfitted few airvents anf left me with a bag of extra screws, which BTW, I personally tagged each screw and photografed each location.
It would have been ok if he apologized and offered to fix the problem. Not so !
His attitude, not with me but with other Alfa members here in Edm.,was......EHHH,....ITS A PIECE OF JUNK" ....Helloooo! you are an Alfa mechanic, you breath Alfa, you live on Alfas! If you are fedup, go fix Hondas!! Since then I do take my Alfas and Porsche to Vancouver.
Anyway, this is my personal experience with Fred, its unfortunate buta simple aknowledgement would have gone long way.
Ciao a tutti
Nicolas
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Well, well guys! I am sorry to burst your bubble about Italmotors!
Fred and Mario.....wonderful people ,.......I wish he would take responsibility of what his mechanics do in the shop. UNfortunately....he doesnt!!
I use to take there my two Alfas ( now 3) but I stopped after he (maybe his mechanic) broke my dash, misfitted few airvents anf left me with a bag of extra screws, which BTW, I personally tagged each screw and photografed each location.
It would have been ok if he apologized and offered to fix the problem. Not so !
His attitude, not with me but with other Alfa members here in Edm.,was......EHHH,....ITS A PIECE OF JUNK" ....Helloooo! you are an Alfa mechanic, you breath Alfa, you live on Alfas! If you are fedup, go fix Hondas!! Since then I do take my Alfas and Porsche to Vancouver.
Anyway, this is my personal experience with Fred, its unfortunate buta simple aknowledgement would have gone long way.
Ciao a tutti
Nicolas
Nicolas

Not surprised you are going elsewhere if that was your experience. For me it's been two fiats, and two Alfa's over the past 25+ years, and generally very good experiences. Having said that, It's only recently that I am back into an Alfa and used their shop again. Nice to work with Mario and Fred again, but the tech working on my car was not exactly heart and soul Alfisti. Work was done well, but pretty clear he does not share the passion, which is a pity but so it goes.

When you take your Alfa's to Vancouver, which shop do you use? Long haul to put it mildly...

Ken

69 1750 GTV
03 S6 Avant
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 AM

Hi Ken, you are absolutely right. Its hard these days, to find a young tech "passionate" about a vehicle which is off the Canada usual map. This is Fred's downfaults.
I considered Fred to be friend and so few time we sat and discuss why the tech dont last. My opinin was thet the passion should start to show from the mentor (Fred), if you, jokung or not, downspeak about the car you fix, in presence of your tech, he will, eventuially be convinced that....they are garbage!.
What he calls garbage are beautifull machine, temperamental some time, but beautiful. After my departure from his shop I took all my vehicle, one at the time, to Gio in Vancouver. He is an Italian guy, coming from where I come from (close, very close) andlast summeg just finished my 91 L and now he is working on my 2 1994 LS and 911.
The L is complete and just waiting to add a set of alloy next summer, Everysingle thing has been redone....to the last bolt, plus I had a suspension lowerimg kit, all tins are powder coated including the oil sump etc etc, and now she looks like...........cant explain! I had in the two Show and Shine and the guys were druling.
One '94 LS is immaculate and just doing a tune-up. The second Ls is spectacular but......busted the engine and the 911 just the clutch. I trust my friend in Vancouver and he gives me (and my wife) the opportunity to take a little vacation every time we take there or bring a vehicle back.
I feel sorry for Fred, as I would have loved to leave the money here in alberta, but , that's the way it goes.
Ciao
Nicolas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode