Costs for transporting cars around Aust? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-20-2007, 05:47 AM

Costs for transporting cars around Aust?

Hi all,

In another thread, Beatle Bayley mentioned that it cost $600 to ship the Super from QLD to Sale, Victoria. Which company was that? Were they ok to deal with? Is that a typical price?

A few Victorian AROCA members are thinking about transporting their Alfas to the annual AROCA national gathering "Alfesta" at Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland at Easter next year, then have a leisurely drive home.

Any one else have any other interstate car transport recommendations and/or stories?

Thanks!

Victor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn01 View Post
Hi all,

In another thread, Beatle Bayley mentioned that it cost $600 to ship the Super from QLD to Sale, Victoria. Which company was that? Were they ok to deal with? Is that a typical price?

A few Victorian AROCA members are thinking about transporting their Alfas to the annual AROCA national gathering "Alfesta" at Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland at Easter next year, then have a leisurely drive home.

Any one else have any other interstate car transport recommendations and/or stories?

Thanks!

Victor
Bugger that just drive em there and drive em back. Its good for them, clears out any carbon deposits. Just think of it as an extended Italian tune up. When I bought my 1750 and drove her back to Brisbane, I got such a buzz out of it I nearly turned around and drove her straight back down again, just to experience the Moonbi range again.
1970 1750 GTV s2, Verde Olivo Metallica (AR213)
2005 Holden Rodeo LT Crew Cab, Fox Fire Red

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
1983 Ford Laser KB, Beige
1985 Volvo 360 GLT Dark Mettalic Blue
1970 GT Junior stepnose Resprayed Red, Giallo Ochre
1923 Amilcar Sports, rusty
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.

Last edited by Threealfas; 06-20-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 AM

I used a company (the name escapes me but it'll come to me) to ship a car from Syd-Mel, door-to-door, and they were the cheapest quote at $404. I'd say they'd be about 50% more than that for QLD. Their service was great, only took 2 days.

Just shop around and get some prices. If you sent enough cars to fill a truck (about 6), you'd probably get a better price.
MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon - daily driver
Old 06-20-2007, 04:01 PM

I recently transported two cars on separate occasions from Brisbane to Sydney. The Alfasud was a door to door transport and cost approximately $450, the car had no rego therefore it couldn't be dropped off and picked up from their holding yards.

The Fiat 500 was dropped off to the holding yard in Brisbane and delivered to my mate's place in Sydney, this was around $60 cheaper than above.

I used a company called CEVA logistics http://au.cevalogistics.com/, after around 8 phone calls most transport companies were around the same in price, but I was happy with their service.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Gold Subscriber

Toll transported my Volvo from Melbourne to Adelaide, door to door for $240 in December 2005. The driver who delivered it even gave it a wash first!
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:10 PM

It depends on the route, the direction, urgency, and time of year. Door-to-door can be a lot more expensive than depot-to-depot as well.

I shipped a Landcruiser one-way from Darwin to Perth for $800. But the reverse trip was quoted at $2300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.