A Thread Really About Alfas For Sale In Australia - Page 21 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 04-23-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enri View Post
i didnt know the soft top version was more desirable than the solid roof.
surley not like a duetto or giulietta open top
mabey equal to a later spider
enri, anything Alfa made less than 1000 of is gonna be rare, therefore desireable/collectable/valueable (strike out any, or all, not applicable). Particularly 105's. That particular one is not for the feint hearted for sure, but it is rare enough to be worth saving. Gonna be a lot of blood, sweat and tears though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
enri, anything Alfa made less than 1000 of is gonna be rare, therefore desireable/collectable/valueable (strike out any, or all, not applicable). Particularly 105's. That particular one is not for the feint hearted for sure, but it is rare enough to be worth saving. Gonna be a lot of blood, sweat and tears though.
the gtc looses the c-pillar which i think is the nicest thing on a 105 coupe.
and my giulia super would drive better, and it can also carry kids in the back too.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enri View Post
the gtc looses the c-pillar which i think is the nicest thing on a 105 coupe.
and my giulia super would drive better, and it can also carry kids in the back too.
I think you can get a couple of kids in the back of a GTC enri, but personally I would'nt, I'd scare em too much. But yeah, I agree with all that. Mind you, by the time that one is all shiny and ready for kids in the back, you'd have half a dozen other very tasty Alfa's parked in the.....what?..warehouse!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 AM

If I win the lottery I'm all over that GTC too. I'm still bummed that I 'just' missed out on getting one a couple of years ago, I was a day too late!

The GTC is most definitely very collectible...far more so than the coupes, apart from the GTA obviously, and a lot more collectible than duettos.

A nice GTC will fetch $60-80k here, and about $40k pounds in the UK. Being LHD, when restored there'd easily be a big market for it in EU and USA.

Mind you, that's a $50k resto minimum on that car, but it will be worth it to the brave soul who takes it on. If I didn't have a project I'd consider it.
MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon - daily driver

Last edited by Damo105; 04-23-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
I think you can get a couple of kids in the back of a GTC enri, but personally I would'nt, I'd scare em too much. But yeah, I agree with all that. Mind you, by the time that one is all shiny and ready for kids in the back, you'd have half a dozen other very tasty Alfa's parked in the.....what?..warehouse!
no warehouse unfortunatly. no point anyway, you can only drive one at the time. the best thing is to sell them so someone else keeps up the maintenence and then buy it back later

what about the condition of the gtc .
how much would a skilled metal worker with panelshop overheads charge to make something nice out of that.
i wouldnt like to take the chance on finding a buyer later.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 AM

i just keep thinking of this when i see it!

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/376453-post152.html
Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo105 View Post
If I win the lottery I'm all over that GTC too. I'm still bummed that I 'just' missed out on getting one a couple of years ago, I was a day too late!

The GTC is most definitely very collectible...far more so than the coupes, apart from the GTA obviously, and a lot more collectible than duettos.

A nice GTC will fetch $60-80k here, and about $40k pounds in the UK. Being LHD, when restored there'd easily be a big market for it in EU and USA.

Mind you, that's a $50k resto minimum on that car, but it will be worth it to the brave soul who takes it on. If I didn't have a project I'd consider it.
Yeah, at least $50K Damo. If memory serves me correctly, Arco said he spent more than that on his GTC, which sounded like a better starting point than this one.

enri, I think the only person likely to take that on IS a skilled panel worker. You would be doing it for love. And the GTC is so not Pete's new Berlina!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 PM

I can vouch for Arco's car as it was my wedding day transportation! Although it might lose a little in aesthetics to the GT, it is a car to behold. If someone takes on that project they will have a gorgeous and rare finished product that will be almost irreplaceable in this country. It will be worth nearly $60K finished so it will probably be a restoration that actually makes sense!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM

I also see Enri's newly acquired Super is up on ebay now. Why the sale Enri?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa2go View Post
I also see Enri's newly acquired Super is up on ebay now. Why the sale Enri?

it has served the purpose i wanted it to do- have a go at owning and driving a 105 series.

i would have kept it longer but i just bought a sud that was too good to let go.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 AM

Enri,

Check your PMs
Old 04-24-2008, 02:07 AM

Send a message via MSN to All torque
What do you guys make of this?

Used ALFA ROMEO Private Seller Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au

It's a Sud shoehorned with an Alfa 33 Permanent 4 AWD system.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All torque View Post

It would probably be a really good little car, but interestingly, its the 4WD drivetrain from the mid eighties 33 4WD Wagon, not the Permanent 4 system from the later 33 16V, which is a different kettle of fish altogether. I think the earlier 4WD was Subaru based and the Permanent 4 system was EU sourced, (and comes with an extra 30 something HP as well). Now, that would be an interesting Sud!
Old 04-24-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All torque View Post

for such an extreme modified project, i would have put the outboard front disks from the 33 and removed the front driveshafts turning it into a rwd. more fun.

its got the wrong bootlid. those extra lights arnt suppose to be there.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:16 AM

The mod has been carried out before, though I'm unsure how successfully. On the subject of front brakes, there was a sprinting Sprint around which had BOTH the IB and OB discs operational on the front axles

Converting a FWD to RWD could also present some interesting handling issues as basic steering and susp geometry is a bit different between the two.

Personally, I think a 33 wagon would be cool cut down into a Ute Might have to investigate this one further...........................

Anyone here good with Photoshop ? If so, how's about starting a new thread ? Ute, Xtra Cab, Twin Cab ??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.