Alfa Romeo Forums banner

WTB Alfa 164 power steering pump

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  budweiser_sud 
#1 ·
Greetings,

My 164's steering pump is getting noisier by the day. Response from local parts stockists is that they are no longer available. Does anyone know of new stock in Australia?

Are the power steering pumps in the 33 16v and 164 identical? Slim chance they may be as they are similar era.

If not, is anyone wrecking a 164 at the moment? Please send me a PM.

Cheers,
Benjamin

#2 ·
pump

I have a power steering pump from my Twin Spark 75 engine that I put in my GTV. If they are the same you can have it for shipping cost. I am in California. You can probably find one local but in case you get desperate we can compare a photo of it.

Daron

#4 ·
Does anyone have a source for a suitable rebuild kit? Thanks for the offer Daron I'll keep it in mind if I can't find one locally or can't get the pump rebuilt. What brand is the 164's steering pump? TRW like the rack or ZF?

Cheers
Benjamin

#5 ·
hi ben, im pretty sure i have one, or 2 even still left over from the 164 i wrecked.
ill let you know if i find one,
cheers, brad

#6 ·
Thanks for all those that offered pumps, I ended up getting mine rebuilt at Re-Car.com.au. A bit pricey but I've got pretty much a new pump :) 164's power steering is now dead quiet and smooth as.

Made me laugh when I was out wine tasting today departing a winery and a BMW 3 series turned up (2006 model or so) with very loud whining noises coming from under the bonnet when the wheels were turning under load. I know what that problem is, and its probably the same ZF pump I just repaired :) Those that don't drive Alfa's are not immune :)))

Benjamin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.