Alfa Romeo Forums banner

GTV6 history

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  giulia_veloce 
#1 ·
Looking for info on an Australian delivered GTV6 that was to become the 1984 motorshow car. It was called the Andalusia and the details of what it was or had are in another thread. What i want to know is what has happened to it from then 84 to now. Minor details to some are what fills in the blanks for others. Thanks

#2 ·
Early 90's probably, it was owned by a guy who was a member of the NSW Alfa Club......I can picture his face but cannot remember a name. Not a high profile member or anything, he also raced a GTV (4cyl I think) in AROC 6Hour etc. for a few years. Always had his own mechanic with him, never got dirt under his own fingernails.....Maybe ask Rob at Manning Motors, or Mick at Corse Auto or AROC members.

#4 ·
After Knoxy,is the guy from where you got it from Dougy.
Nice car
Was heavily modified by Randall Perkins,fitted with a 3 litre + aftermarket computer.
As Vin said,when owned by Steve Ackling, (Versace racing) , it was supersprinted with AROCA NSW for a few years,did a 6hr or 2 and a few state meetings.
It was one of the first modified GTV V6 cars done,and went well in sprints and racing.
Yep,I still remember it at Amaroo Park.
I used to look after that car for many years,and still see it every day when i come to work,as I have the pic of the car with the lovely naked lady on the bonet.
Oi Dougy,,did she come with it when you got the car?
I would love to put that pic on here for all to see.
I did put it in the "Woman + Alfas'" section,but it was removed very quickly by the BB administrator cause many complained.
I do know that the administrator has it on his wall at home.
Yes,it was a Genuine Alfa poster
Nice Ti-ts + wheels.
Car all white including bumpers + grille and full leather Recaro interior.
Did I mention the Ti-ts.
Ti-ts doesnt stand for Ti-twin spark.
Enough typing practice.
Time to say good morning to the poster and do some work.

Robert

#5 ·
I'm pretty sure that Peter Herriot ( think that's how his name is spelt) had it before steve, Remember seeing it parked at eastern creek, before the cage was in it, looked amazing, he was telling me that he put the vented section in the bonnet because the fuel was evaporating with the heat in the engine bay and causing it to miss, and that fixed the problem, something like that anyway, it was 10 plus years ago.

Dave

#7 · (Edited)
Its actually an article about the Andalusia car, a styled GTV6, from Motor Manual, Feb 85, but I suppose all have read that? Seems to me the most effort was to style the interior and a little on the outside. Was there any production? Ah yes, just one official Alfa show car! It had a curious front though !

Here a link to some more info:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta-gtv6-1975-1986/21204-playboy-gtv6.html

Greetings from the other side! (of the World:))

G.K.

Attachments

#8 ·
Hey Douggy

Lots of work gets done after saying good morning to her in the picture.
This picture I have here does not have the white headlight covers or the spot lights.
Good morning BELLA
Time to do some work.

Robert

#9 ·
Yeah, I remember Steve turning up to SS the car when I first got going back in the mid 90's. He had it signwritten with sponsorship from a spares place out at Greenacre, was it Ardita Spares or something? Anyway, I was blown away because here was a sponsored car doing SS's.. After that he got a Marque Sports log book for it and did a few races culminating in a prang at Oran Park at the right hander before the bridge. If I remember correctly he got T boned by an MG or something as he turned in and got put into the wall. When the car came back I seem to recall the body kit was different and maybe some interior changes too.. He lost enthusiasm after that and I don't think he ran it again, maybe wrong. Last I heard he was working at Optus.

#10 ·
story so far

Thanks for the response guys. It is interesting to see the variation of story from one person to the next which is all adding to the mystery of this car. One part of her life that i was told about was that it got stripped on a car lot in crows nest! can anyone confirm? Keep the storys comming. Doug

#11 ·
The Andalusia is alive and well in Avalon (sydney northern beaches)... i have seen it around regularly, still has the 6 point roll cage fitted but different wheels, mesh Simmons from memory.

It was recently on carsales for around the 20K mark... i assume it sold though because i have not seen it around for a few weeks...

#14 ·
Hi, I don't know where the car is these days. I sold it to Peter Heriot in circa 1996. Here's a pic of a pic (none of the originals are digitised). It's the corner before the straight at Eastern Creek circa 1995. Two wheels up and flying :). I'll be doing a track day there on October 26th if anyone wants to catch up. There's far too much stuff to post here. Cheers

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.