Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Hello from Top Gear Live!

Tags
top gear
3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  gully116 
#1 ·
Hi guys
I'm here as the official forum voice of the upcoming TGL shows in Brisbane and Melbourne.

Any questions you have about the event format or ticket sales - I'm here to help!

In case you weren't aware, the Top Gear PROTOTYPE Live show in Brisbane is on March 3-6, and the Top Gear FESTIVAL is in Melbourne on March 11-14.

While Clarkson, May and Jacobson presenting the most complex Top Gear show ever may seem awesome enough, the 1.52km purpose built track at the heart of the Top Gear festival in Melbourne will blow your mind!

More information is at Top Gear Live Australia : SELECT YOUR CITY
Tickets are available from Ticketek Australia

Hope to see you there!
TGL

#3 ·
And if you are going to use Toyota's dressed up to look like Ferraris can you instead be men and just use Toyotas. We are NOT that stupid, infact most of your audience could tell the difference just by the exhaust sound.

Be real or don't bother.

In fact your TV show is starting to look way too staged also. And yes I know it is, but don't make it so obvious.
Pete

#5 ·
Hey Dean

I just received the latest Top Gear series,till june this year.
Ill tell you if its worth watching,so you dont have to waste your Tuesday nights anymore.
Last night was Ok.

Ill lend you the CD after I watched it.
Hows your 105 resto going ?

Robert

#6 ·
Yeah - watched the 1st one last night on 9. Apart from the way too many ad breaks it was, well, rather dry......not a patch on previous specials. Still, interesting to see something of Iraq other than endless urban bomb sites.

#8 ·
Hi all

Fair comment about the Faux-rarris, but the show is all about entertainment - and lets face it, you guys are from an Italian car forum, would you expect a real 360 to stand up to that level of punishment night after night? ;)

Anyway - just a quick update to let you know there are now more Paddock Passes available for the Brisbane show. These allow you to see all the cars that feature in the performance after the show – so is a real must for fans and at only $20 on top of your ticket price, a bit of a bargain!

For the Melbourne show, details are coming out about cars featuring in the ‘Hall Of Fame’ – in particular the BAR Formula One "Zipper" car as driven by Jacques Villeneuve in the 1999 Formula One championship as well as a stunning Mad Max Interceptor replica – built as it would have looked the day it rolled out on patrol the first time!

Also, group bookings are available through Ticketek, which means that you are guaranteed to sit next to your mates or fellow club/forum members (if you want to that is!).

Now the interesting bit…

We are calling for volunteers to help out at The Top Gear Live event and festival in Melbourne. Click http://www.topgearlive.com.au/melbourne/images/stories/tgl melbourne volunteer briefing notes.pdf to view details and briefing notes, and click http://www.topgearlive.com.au/melbourne/images/stories/tgl 2011 vol staff app form - melbourne.pdf to download the application form.

I may see some of you there!

TGL

#10 ·
Hi all

Fair comment about the Faux-rarris, but the show is all about entertainment - and lets face it, you guys are from an Italian car forum, would you expect a real 360 to stand up to that level of punishment night after night? ;)
Just use Toyotas/Fords/Masdas/whatever except replicas then.

Pete

#9 ·
Hey guys

I just finished watching the next 3 shows,without commercials
As usual,worth a look.
At least I dont have to watch it on the usual timeslot on TV.
The UK guys sence of humour about us aussies being upside down was different.
I let you guys watch it when available on TV.
Hey Dean,Call me if you want to watch it.

Robert

#11 ·
I wonder why the Top Gear show is not coming to Sydney this time?

I saw it here back in 2009. It wasn't too bad, but then again I wasn't paying - it was a Xmas gift...

#13 ·
Hi Top Gear Live,

Thank you for the offer, frankly I really enjoyed the Sydney show. My family & I made it a long week end...it was great. I'm looking forward to seeing the Melbourne show with Clarkson & May & I'm glad Jacobson got the gig. I've got a number of friends showing cars and this in it self will be a buzz for all to see and HEAR. I'm only sorry my car isn't in it. Again thanks Top Gear, Really love the show & keep up the good work.
Jim

#14 ·
Hi all
Pardon the delay in posts - the Brisbane show is on in a little over a week, with the Melbourne festival just a week later… things are pretty hectic getting the final details sorted out!

Thanks JG1053 - the festival has really brought the whole car community in Melbourne together. It promises to be a great event!

Re: volunteers - the BBC owns Top Gear. The local events are promoted and staged by Australian companies. Any 'real' profits go to the BBC, so volunteers are necessary to make it work. Look at any large-ish festival and you'll find volunteers - Grand Prix is a perfect example.

Re: replica cars - I'll let you in on a little secret...
You know the stage musical 'Cats'? Well, they aren't real cats. They are actually people dressed up. Yeah - woah huh?! Blew my mind too...
;)

Some quick festival points for you:
* 1.52km special stage track – 120 drivers, cars ranging from classic racers to modern supercars
* Drifting demos, stunt bikes, supercar hall of fame (Zonda, Koenigsegg – even a Delorean!)
* The Shell V-Power simulator gives you a chance to meet a Ferrari F1 driver (not sure who – I’d probably prefer Massa…)
* Michelin gives you a chance to win a hot lap around the Top Gear circuit in a 997 GT3 RS by completing the fastest tyre change on a Porsche Cayman.
* Festival map here - TOP GEAR LIVE
* Remember to catch public transport if you are heading in – much easier than parking!

ALSO
I hope to have some news for a special offer for forum members in the next few days. I’ll keep you posted!

Cheers
TGL

#18 ·
Re: replica cars - I'll let you in on a little secret...
You know the stage musical 'Cats'? Well, they aren't real cats. They are actually people dressed up. Yeah - woah huh?! Blew my mind too...
;)Cheers
TGL
What a fncken d!ckhead you are!. Are you 12 years old or something?

Again just use cheap cars. It is not the car that matters it is the tricks. Your ignorant response has just guaranteed that I will never ever go to TGL, ever ... it won't last long anyway, there are only so many bogans.
Pete

#16 ·
Hi all
OK – Brisbane on this Friday!
Tickets available for most shows, but you’ll need to move fast!

Melbourne…
Everything is taking shape! A few new cars have been confirmed for the Hall Of Fame and the Top Gear Track – including an ex-LeMans Lotus Esprit GT300 and a 1966 Shelby GT350.
A bunch of other info about the show and Festival can be found in the Press Release:
http://www.fluidpr.com.au/emailmark...d190bff4272887bd75447da2e84f&S=134&L=22&N=141

But the big news is Festival ONLY tickets are now on sale.
These are just $20 from Ticketek or $25 at the gate.

NOW – to thank you for being patient with my updates and not just deleting the thread… I have 4x double passes (8 tickets) for forum members. I don’t want to get into the intricacies of a competition or anything like that, so if a mod or admin can contact me (PM is fine), I’ll get them sent out to you, and you guys can work it out ☺
See you there!

TGL

#17 ·
Was there yesterday(Sunday) It was even better than last year in Sydney, and no where near as hot, Melbourne has obviously better weather than the rest of Australia :) This time it was more dedicated to the enthusiast, however too many Fords and Holdens. Congratulations to the entire team at Top Gear, even my wife even said it was an exceptional day ( a hard critic).
Worth the money.
Jim

#20 · (Edited)
Just got home from the Sunday afternoon show, not bad. but maybe too much "flame throwing cars & not enough Clarkson & co. Probably the real value was the Festival only tickets got you to cars on the 1.5 kl "race track". Read 1 lane wide with armco on both sides. Meant to replicate the Goodwood Festival of Speed theme, 120 cars running over the afternoon. Hugh Harrison finished a very creditable 9th i think in the Ingis Group A Alfetta GTV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.