I need a top for my '64 Giulia Spider - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Smile I need a top for my '64 Giulia Spider

OK Alfisti,

This is my first BB post to the OK Alfa Club. MY name is Raymond Smith, but most people call me Ray. This past May, I purchased a '64 born/'66 sold Giulia Spider. Only the suspension and a few other bits were on the car when I got it.

One of the many things that I need for the Spider is a new top and the best place to have it installed.

Thanks,

Ray
Tulsa

Last edited by Raimondo; 11-28-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Misspelling errors corrected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:32 AM

Hi Ray,

My '65 Giulia has finally arrived. It came with a tan cloth top that's never been used. I won't be using it since I'm taking the car back to Celeste Blue. I'll sell the top to you if you're interested, or trade for a never used black top if you have one.

Merry Christmas!
Jennie
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Smile

Jennie,

Merry Christmas!

Good to hear from you. Keith Kelly mentioned that you had purchased the ND Giulia. Good for you. I guess you got the title issue worked out. Perhaps my son, David, and I could come over and take a look at your car (pardon my inviting myself over to your garage!).

In the next week or so, I’m supposed to take my car to a guy in Mannford for body and paint. He does really good work, but I’m not crazy about having my car out in the country for 2-3 months.

Who is going to paint your car? Are you thinking of a full-blown restoration or a “rectification” to full-blown driver status? I do not have the desire (or the money) for a concours show car. I have met so many people (face-to-face and over the ‘net) who owner multiple Alfas, some of which are show cars, but others are daily drivers. Finding garage space for 5-6 Alfas would be a good problem to have!

I would like 57-59 Bertone Sprint, GTC, Giulietta or Giulia SS and a 1989 or 1990 Lancia Integrale H-F, but that will never be the case for me as a professor’s income won’t permit it. So, this is my dream car and I want to do it the way I would have ordered it from Alfa Romeo.

In light of that, I am taking my 64 Spider back to white as it was born white with a black interior, but that is a bit too bland. I have been thinking about a deep, dark red color (50s M-B color) or a nice tan color for the seats, door and rear panels and the drape. I saw gorgeous black MGA 1600 with a stunning tan interior.

A tan top might be nice. What brand is the top and is it vinyl or cloth? Could you shoot me a photo or two? Is there documentation stating that it is for a 101 Giulietta or Giulia Spider as the top for a 750 Spider will not fit ours.
While we’re at it, I’ve got new brand new red both front seat skins from Centerline that came with my car. I need to sell or trade them.

I think you have my email and cell number.

Ray

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Jennie,

I just realized that I received your very first ALFABB AROCOK post! I am so honored!

As your car probably doesn't need any body work, I don't think you will need a rotisserie, so I can't talk you into splitting the cost of one to share as we work on our cars.

I have read a great many post about restoring a Giulietta or Giulia Spiders and it has been great fun making contact with and meeting people who do these jewels inside and out. I have learned quite a bit, but head knowledge is one thing and these very friendly and helpful Alfisti have been incredible to share their wisdom about how to translate that knowledge into a real, running car!

For sure, I do not make any attempt to feign expertise, but if there is anything I can do to help you with your car, I would so glad to do so.

Ray

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode