I am moving to Tulsa and setting up an Alfa shop. - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

I am moving to Tulsa and setting up an Alfa shop.

Hi folks,
Well, Misty and I sold our place in Texas and we are moving to Tulsa sometime in the next 10 weeks.

We are setting up an Alfa Romeo/Fiat/Lancia service shop near Tulsa. Most likely it will be in Sand Springs. My dad will be running it and doing most of the work. He has been working on Italian cars since the late 50's and at one time owned a small Fiat repair buisness in California.

We will be offering all standard types of service, plus we can overhaul engines, transmissions etc. We can also perform nearly any performance upgrades, RS racing suspension installation, Gyro Disk big brakes etc. Engine upgrades, both conventional and forced induction are no problem as we have extensive experience in this area.

Thanks for reading this,
Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:10 AM

Good luck Greg..I know it will be successful..If you need anything,let me know..

Barry
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Barry,
I will need something and when I do I will let you know.

Greg

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 05:55 AM

Garage
Well your moving in the right direction. Now how about you consider a few more miles north, say 700 miles?

If an Alfa will run at -20 you know it is working right.

Good luck.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

We actually made it to Tulsa! The moving vans are unloaded and unpacking is in progress. We don't have new phone numbers or even internet access yet but we are working on it. If anyone wants to come by Friday or later and say hello, let me know. We are on South Sohoma Lake rd which is off route 66 about a mile east of Sapulpa. You will know the place when you see it.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 08:45 AM

Welcome to T-Town Greg!!

The local club here is pretty active, in fact we're at the Tulsa Auto Show this weekend if I'm reading the date on your post correctly.

I think I have a customer for you already! I'll send him this thread.

-Trent
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 09:50 AM

Garage
New customer

I am the ALFA owner/customer that Trent is probably refering to. I have a '67 Giulia Super with a rebuilt 1750 engine and driveline that I need some issues sorted out.

Post your contact info once you get settled in and I will schedule an appointment. Welcome to Tulsa.

Regards,

Scott
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I can't make the Tulsa Auto show because I am working this week at my airline job and I am in St. Louis. I should be back later this week.

We will be active in the club. At least one club member has noticed my supercharged GTV6 sitting at the airport and asked about it. I didn't get to meet him but one of my co workers said he is great guy.

Our contact information will be up at www.hiperformancestore.com and here once it's all settled in. We hope to have a functioning shop in about a week.
Greg
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 AM

I'm located in Mountain Home, AR I believe you may be the closest alfa mech to me. I have your web site saved. Good Luck. I hope I only have to order parts from you and bring the spider over. How are you at tuning solex adhe40s?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

My dad's pretty good with carbs. Plus we do have a NGK air fuel ratio meter, so we can get the air/fuel mixture dead on.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro Spider 79 View Post
I'm located in Mountain Home, AR I believe you may be the closest alfa mech to me. I have your web site saved. Good Luck. I hope I only have to order parts from you and bring the spider over. How are you at tuning solex adhe40s?
Heck, I live in Little Rock, and he may still be the closest Alfa mechanic I know of....I haven't done much poking around, because my Duetto is in storage in OK, at least for the next few weeks. Dan

1965 Spider Veloce red/blk
1966 Ex-East coast racer Duetto
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 01:09 PM

Dan, do you know of any Alfa mechanics in AR. You can email me direct at jamsmith46@hotmail.com if you want. I bid on the 67 in Dallas last week but lost out. A lot of questions on the car's status. Do you know of any 67s on the market?
Captain Jim
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Gold Subscriber

Precision Motor Service in Little Rock 501-375-2835. I do a lot of business with Greg. This guy (Charles) used to be a dealer, one of the first in the US. He is maybe semi-retired. Now that Arkie Alfa guys are showing up, maybe it's time to start our own club!

Jeff Lang
'85 GTV6 3L, 73 GTV, '94 164 LS
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 07:06 AM

Hi guys,
I moved back to AR a few years back, after working for 6 1/2 years in Fort Worth. I have had my Alfa in OK, stored by a friend who never got around to giving it the promised paint job....I've been busy with settling in, work, and my Buick GS's. I am now making plans to get my Duetto home, and am just beginning to look around at my options for Alfa work. One of the guys at work said that for years there was only ONE place to take an Alfa in LR, because he was the best. He couldn't remember the name, but it might be Precision. I am up for a get-together, but it will be a few weeks or months before I have my Duetto back. I am even considering taking it back to FTW to get the minor paint and bodywork done. It was repainted yellow, early in life, when it raced, but should be blue/burgundy. I want to put it back to original colors.
As for available duettos, I've only seen one Alfa spider in AR, and that was a Kamm-tail driving on Shackleford at Markham in Little Rock a few weeks back. There was a white Duetto offered on ebay for 5K a few weeks back, out of a small Texas dealer' back lot, but they didn't reply to a request for more info about rust, or mechanical condition, so I didn't bid.
The twisty roads of AR are calling me to get my Alfa, and man, I can't wait! Dan

1965 Spider Veloce red/blk
1966 Ex-East coast racer Duetto
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Gold Subscriber

I would not hesitate to use Greg and his dad for any work that I couldn't or didn't want to do myself. From where I live it's 3 hours to Tulsa or Little Rock, which would suck if I had to limp or trailer. Greg has kept a lot of cars running on this board and the GTV6 site, plus he is a performance enthusiast!

Jeff Lang
'85 GTV6 3L, 73 GTV, '94 164 LS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode