WANTED Stub axel carrier/uprights ASAP 116 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

WANTED Stub axel carrier/uprights ASAP 116

I need a upright for a 116 asap in adelaide.

I only need one so i can start on my brake upgrade with out having to do it on the car its self. Also i dont want to pay much as im kicking my self because i had two complete sets i gave away a little time ago.

Thanks chris

"Alfa Romeo built to excite .. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 04:51 AM

im 99% sure that giulietta upgrights are alot differnt to alfetta, so if you make your brakes to suit an alfetta upright they wont fit your car. i have an alfetta upright as i said $50 each...

79 GTV Sr20-Track/Drift ~ 83 GTV6 3ltr 24v-Street ~ 83 GTV-Street ~ 76 GT,75TS x 3,164,85 GTV,S13 silvia-Parts cars ~ VT SS Ls1 6spd-Track ~ e30 318i 2dr-Daily
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

people are telling me there different, na there the same. v6 are the same , na there not.

Whats so different ??

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM

get a pair of alfetta uprights, get your vernier calipers if you even have some??? and take measurements of both, then you will know the differnece. and when taking the upgright off the car, do not do it how you described a while ago, because thats just dangerous, just saying...
but if you cant be botherd doing that, im pretty sure alfetta and gtv are the same, gtv6, 90 and 75 have bigger diamter cones....
anyway good luck in ur search, but expect to pay 'something' from them

79 GTV Sr20-Track/Drift ~ 83 GTV6 3ltr 24v-Street ~ 83 GTV-Street ~ 76 GT,75TS x 3,164,85 GTV,S13 silvia-Parts cars ~ VT SS Ls1 6spd-Track ~ e30 318i 2dr-Daily
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

vernier caliper measurements of what ?? if the brakes you wanted to sell me fitted on the gtv upright and u said they are fine for my giulietta so i cant see whats so different.

Yea like i said last time the car went to scrap metal that day.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 04:19 AM

chris, when using the volvo caliper and rotor on an alfetta upgright the pad doesnt bight on the full disk, so when used on a giulietta which the calipers is mounted more inner, the pad will bight on the full disk, so they are perfect for you, but not for me, i need 164 rotor on the alfetta upright because they are bigger diameter so the pad will bight fully on the disk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode