NorCal UFO's First School For Drifting! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-06-2009, 09:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Grant
NorCal UFO's First School For Drifting!

MARCH 21st, 2009! Just 2 weeks away! This event will be held on an ex-airport, the lot is HUGE.

Hey guys, Norcalufo will be hosting their first drift event ever. It's CHEAP and it lasts all day long.

Drifting doesn't have to be abusive, it's just an extension of a power slide. If you are concerned about driving your Alfa this hard, any make of car is welcome. RWD preferably though
I will be instructing at this event so don't hesitate to ask a question.

The course is pretty large, there will be enough space to see 50 MPH in most cars in the advanced course.

ENTRY: $40.00 per person for the AM Novice Courses; $40.00 per person for the PM Advanced Course; OR $70.00 for the day!

Registration will be open at 7:30 AM ‘til 8:30 AM and 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM, Gate is open from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Gate is locked at 6:00 PM. The event will end At 4:00 PM so that set up for the next day’s event can be done. Please plan to arrive early enough to get registered, walk the course and attend the driver’s meeting. This is a trial event so we will be trying what we think will work. We may change the format as the day progresses if we feel we need to. Based upon the popularity of this event and the enthusiasm of the participants, there may be a follow on event in September. BRING 2 EXTRA WHEELS AND TIRES TO GET HOME ON. LOTS OF RUNTIME

All drivers must attend the Drivers meeting. If you are too late for the AM Drivers meeting, you must wait for the PM to run after you attend the drivers meeting. Drivers under 18 must have a signed parental waiver and license or permit.
All drivers must work the event!!! If you do not work, we may choose to not sell you a run card in the future at any UFO events!

TECH: All cars must pass a tech (safety) inspection with no leaks, tight wheel bearings, secure battery mounts, good brakes and tires and no loose objects. No SUV vehicles (Jeeps). Seat belts & helmets (loaners available) are required. 95dba @100ft sound limit. We use a two grid system where you bring your car to grid while the group previous to your run group is running on the other grid. Once on grid, you will be teched and you are then in position and ready to run with your group. After 1st run, two driver and single driver lines will be established. All tech inspection will be done on grid.. All drivers must have a valid driver’s license. No drugs or alcohol allowed on site. Speed limit in the pits and to & from the gate inside the AutoX site from is 5 MPH. Any display of Speed, scrubbing of tires or burn outs coming in or leaving will cause the event to be SHUT DOWN, everyone will have to leave immediately and we will NOT be able to return to this site again!!!
DIRECTIONS TO MARINA: Take Hwy 1 to Two exits South of Castroville toward Laguna Seca and Monterey. Take the Reservation Rd. Exit, turn south toward Marina, go a short block and turn right to STAY onto Reservation Rd. Follow Reservation Rd. through Marina and go about two miles south of town. Turn Left into Marina Airfield at the light and proceed into Marina Airfield. Turn Right at the indicated entry, follow the signs, this will be on the Reservation Road side of the Hiller Aviation building. MARINA SITE REQUIREMENTS: Please make sure that you do not exceed the posted speed limits on airport property (except while on course during your autox runs!). FAA regulations STRICLTY FORBID cars from driving out on the runways. DO NOT go exploring around, this will only get us kicked off the site! Local law enforcement agencies are aware of our presence, please be cool. Please make sure you pick up ALL of your trash.
For more information call Dennis Hale at (831) 336-2444. Get flyers and results on line at: Norcalufo.org

If you have any further questions you can also email me (Grant) at dorifto at sbcglobal dot net.

Here's an aerial view of the airport:

marina municipal airport, ca - Google Maps
Attached Images

1989 Verde - Harsh shocks and SS rears, 27mm torsion bars, stainless lines, pads, 16X7.5 rims, 4.10 rebuilt platinum tranny, poly bushes, and RSR 28mm front and 25.4mm adjustable sways!

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles

Last edited by Grant; 03-06-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 09:48 AM

It sounds like a lot of fun. It is better to bring a more powerful car, a least a Milano to drift.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:40 PM

Thing is, we have a small course too that features a figure 8 and a large circle (like a skid-pad) so I think any car with LSD will be just fine!

1989 Verde - Harsh shocks and SS rears, 27mm torsion bars, stainless lines, pads, 16X7.5 rims, 4.10 rebuilt platinum tranny, poly bushes, and RSR 28mm front and 25.4mm adjustable sways!

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles
Old 03-09-2009, 04:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlpltGTV
Have fun picking up cones, I'll be down on Sunday to race, in the Alfa. Oh yeah, and it just got faster using stock parts In now drives 2 rear wheels instead of one.

Will
Old 03-09-2009, 05:11 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

This is one of those "generation gap" things I've read about, eh Grant?

Sad part is I'm not *that* much older than you...

1991 Spider
1987 Milano Gold
1963 Giulia Spider (1750 engine)
Old 03-10-2009, 09:38 PM

OK, if we re-titled this thing to "Advanced Car Control Clinic" I'm sure the more mature folks would be all over this. Tom, you're crossing over to the dark side! No!! Quick! Let's go see Another Teen Movie III!

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles
Old 03-10-2009, 09:39 PM

Not to mention, I think Louis and Zamani are taking their Milanos. I'm taking mine too. So come!

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

No freakin' way. I just replaced all my driveline giubos. You think I'm going to tear up all that work?

1991 Spider
1987 Milano Gold
Old 03-10-2009, 11:00 PM

Yeah I feel you, Zamani and Louis are nuts. The Verde was my last resort hahaha...my other car is down.

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles
Old 03-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Yeah I feel you, Zamani and Louis are nuts. The Verde was my last resort hahaha...my other car is down.
You are only nuts if you don't go drifting with us.

I have to take the Milano because the Michelin's on my other cars aren't going to be drifting anytime soon. The price of a set of Michelin PS2's is more than a Milano is worh now!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 PM

I was totally kidding, learning to control a slide is sooooo fun. But I'm happy just 3 Alfas will be there. That's 3 more than I expected =)

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles
Old 03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

No, you're not kidding, you guys are all on crack. And not the good crack, either: the James Brown, "run over a cop with a backhoe" kind of crack.

1991 Spider
1987 Milano Gold

Last edited by Gubi; 03-12-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM

Tyrone Biggums is joining us for some crack and later, drifting.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2009, 07:25 PM

I thought you were referring to the other kind of crack..

1984 GTV-6 - 80K miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.