Mechanic on MA North Shore? - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 AM

Mechanic on MA North Shore?

I'd like to get my Spider fixed. It hasn't been driven in 2 years as I've been busy with a new baby (a human...not an auto) . My Spider was completely serviced two years ago at Glynn Motorsports. I called them to see if I could get an appointment and was soooo surprised to see that the shop is not up and running as it was before! Wow! Miss two years, miss a lot!! Anyway, Paul did call me back and said that he could probably squeeze me in after a month or so...but ideally I'd like to get back on the road sooner. I also called Scuderia Donati, but I'm not sure they do regular oil change/fix it stuff and they haven't called me back...

I live in Beverly, MA. Can someone please recommend a good garage on the North Shore? I'd really like someone local. It would be wonderful if they have Alfa experience but I am open to those who are not necessarily Alfa specific. I stopped by a mechanics in Beverly just before the bridge into Salem as they used to have a bunch of old Alfas out front, but the shop is under new management and they told me the mechanic I was looking for (Carlos?) has moved to Lynn.... no forwarding info.

I feel like I am on a wild goose chase! Any leads greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

--Evie
1989 Spider Veloce
Beverly, MA
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Go here http://www.velocissima.com/ and click on the Service Directory.
There are a few in MA but not sure what is near Beverly.
-Rob
2013 Fiat 500C
2007 Saab 93 SportCombi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie1971 View Post
I'd like to get my Spider fixed. It hasn't been driven in 2 years as I've been busy with a new baby (a human...not an auto) . My Spider was completely serviced two years ago at Glynn Motorsports. I called them to see if I could get an appointment and was soooo surprised to see that the shop is not up and running as it was before! Wow! Miss two years, miss a lot!! Anyway, Paul did call me back and said that he could probably squeeze me in after a month or so...but ideally I'd like to get back on the road sooner. I also called Scuderia Donati, but I'm not sure they do regular oil change/fix it stuff and they haven't called me back...

I live in Beverly, MA. Can someone please recommend a good garage on the North Shore? I'd really like someone local. It would be wonderful if they have Alfa experience but I am open to those who are not necessarily Alfa specific. I stopped by a mechanics in Beverly just before the bridge into Salem as they used to have a bunch of old Alfas out front, but the shop is under new management and they told me the mechanic I was looking for (Carlos?) has moved to Lynn.... no forwarding info.

I feel like I am on a wild goose chase! Any leads greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

--Evie
1989 Spider Veloce
Beverly, MA

Hi Evie,

I have Carlo's info cell# 617-513-9126. Tell him Giorgio sent me to you.

Regards,
Giorgio

Currently:
'75 Giulia Nuova Super 1300 Blu Olandese
'71 Euro Berlina 2000 (on a restoration process)
'85 GTV6 Nero
'87 Milano Verde
'87 Milano Platinum

{OO==V==OO}
Old 05-17-2007, 09:14 AM

Try Mike Wrigley (sp) who worked with Paul Glynn. He does the mechanical side over at Scuderia Donati. His cell phone is (508) 843-7901.
Note he does the mech work on the side.
He has access to Glynn's garage and most of the records so if you were a former customer of Glynn's Mike will surely have your records.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Yep, Mike rules. He would be my choice if I didn't do my own work!!
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 AM

this is excellent!!! thank you so much for the info!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.